You Can See A Pandora Tomorrow At Teesside University

'Chip' said:
'God Ginrai' said:
You seem to be excluding us in the Southeast, buddy.
Well I'm not driving 16 hours into Deliverance territory just so you guys can get a look at a Pandora a few weeks early. I'm still jobless, so I couldn't even afford the gas.
That's why I suggested locating it in the more central area of the East. I never asked for it to be in Georgia.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be so cool to drive up to NY to see it in person, but I don't think I can manage to go THAT far. Oh well, I'll get my chance eventually I'm sure.

'Vorporeal' said:
Chip, where in NJ are you?
Bergen county. Since almost everybody who has responded is in Jersey, I don't see the need to drag everybody into the city. I'm thinking maybe New Brunswick is a good spot, since it's centrally located and there is a direct train there from Penn Station for those who are coming from the city. Plus, there's certainly no shortage of bars from which to choose.

'Chip' said:
'Vorporeal' said:
Chip, where in NJ are you?
Bergen county. Since almost everybody who has responded is in Jersey, I don't see the need to drag everybody into the city. I'm thinking maybe New Brunswick is a good spot, since it's centrally located and there is a direct train there from Penn Station for those who are coming from the city. Plus, there's certainly no shortage of bars from which to choose.
Perfect. New Brunswick is 5 minutes walking from my house. :D

(I just hope I'm home and not still at school...)

'codemaster' said:
'Consequence9' said:
'#1 GameMaster' said:
Someone needs to come to Columbus, Ohio and show it off I'd be there for sure. :D

Wow, another ohioan? I'm up near cleveland =D

On that note, I think regional pandora 'conventions' (more like get-togethers) are in order. If we could convice MWeston to come down to cleveland for a bit I'd gladly organize a space to hold it & whatnot.
Small World. I'm in Fremont, over by Toledo.

Columbus!

'luke v2' said:
Are there any videos of the talk / presentation / reactions to the pandora ?

Also whilst we are on teeside uni, is it a good uni to go to to study a computor science?
I go to teesside, its one of the best for computer sciences.

In middlesbrough (Teesside) we have one street with literally about 30-40 take aways on it, and they all taste like crap

'PokeParadox' said:
If I see another person ask if there is a video because you guys are swamping the place with fast food talk... it will be irritating.
You know that's not the reason that someone will ask again. Even without the offtopic convos, people were asking again, even in other topics. -_-

It all comes down to the fact that most people don't read into a topic. They post and expect a response.

-God Ginrai

but, at the risk of this topic getting locked or moved, let's get it back on topic. fast food talk can be continued in off-topic.
so, chip, any idea when you might show up in new brunswick? just a general idea so i can delete anything within a month of it off of my schedule.

'magicman5421' said:
so, chip, any idea when you might show up in new brunswick? just a general idea so i can delete anything within a month of it off of my schedule.

IF I get one of the first Pandoras, it will be shortly after it shows up. I can't be any more specific than that because I don't know when production is starting up. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I do.

Huh. Apparently New Brunswick is not just one of Canada's 10 provinces, but is also an American city. Learn something new every day. You guys were confusing me. :p

'Esn' said:
Huh. Apparently New Brunswick is not just one of Canada's 10 provinces, but is also an American city.
New Brunswick, NJ - Home of Rutgers University and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

More importantly, home of the grease trucks: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_Trucks

'lingenfr' said:
So, no one got any video of this event?
Yeah, or at least a comment about the console? How it feels how well the controls work and etc.?

Regards

André

There is no video.

Read PokeParadox's posts earlier in the thread for a brief hands on.

'God Ginrai' said:
It all comes down to the fact that most people don't read into a topic. They post and expect a response.
Point proven in five posts or your money back!

Will someone be able to hold a talk at "Hacking at Random" in August?
I think this project will fit in really nicely over there.

It's a hacking festival in Holland and at least 2500 people will come over there.

more info:
http://www.har2009.org

Hacking at Random
International technology & security conference. Four days of technology, ideological debates and hands-on tinkering.

I hope I can take my pandora with me over there by then.

'Chip' said:
'Esn' said:
Huh. Apparently New Brunswick is not just one of Canada's 10 provinces, but is also an American city.
New Brunswick, NJ - Home of Rutgers University and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.

More importantly, home of the grease trucks: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grease_Trucks
Absolutely right. The grease trucks are the best place in the world to get food when you're intoxicated at 2am.

Also important about New Brunswick (NJ) is that it houses the headquarters of Johnson & Johnson because right across the Raritan river (in Highland Park - my town), the band-aid was invented. Pretty important place.

Back