Yafl 0.3

woogal

Certified Guru
Website
gp32.sector808.org
Get it from http://gp32.sector808.org/yafl.php

Quite a few bugs have been fixed, and you can now have user fonts (comes with over 100 .fnt's that I found somewhere), user icons (tested with 32x32 (standard size) and 24x24 (windups size)), and you can modify the categories (by hacking yafl.cfg - didn't get time to do a nice interface for this). See the site for more details and a few screenshots.

Absolutly great....
I love the fact that you can medle around with everything, (don't really mind the cfg-file hacking). I love customised catagories!
Haven't gotten around to test custom-icons out, but what a good idea since many betas have'nt got any icons.
While we're at it... How about custom file-titles, since many titles are too long for YALF to display?

I was however discuraged to find out that the categories "all", "unsorted" & "settings" still are left out of the config file. Mostly because I personally have wanted to remove "all" ever since the start of this project.
I might even want to be able to remove both "unsorted" and "settings" once everything is in place. The purpose of this would mainly be to simplify usage of the GP32 for other people than myself.

Again: I love this program. It is by far my favorite file-launcher and it has been auto-booting on my SMC'es for a long time know. Noticed this version does'nt have the same problem with older cfg-files as the last had.

Keep up the good work...

I love YAFL i like it better than windups more so cause i like its design and i like the palm OS style than the windows Style.

Great work Woogal i'll be uploading this to my smc tonight :)

Good u made Custom Icons i was gonna ask for that tonight actually :)

Great work looks fantastic I love seeing applicatios for the gp32 more than games :D

keep up the good work

:ph34r:

Cool...very nice :)
Now that you added windup icons complatibity, I might be using it over wind ups :p

If you could implement smaller icon sizes (ie so more can be shown on the screen at the same time) and a loading bat..that will be perfect :)

Are you gonna add GPDrive built in the next version?
Hopefully. The problem at the moment is GPDrive doesn't work on win2k for me, and linux isn't supported, so the first thing for me to do is to try hacking it to work on linux so I can test :)

I was however discuraged to find out that the categories "all", "unsorted" & "settings" still are left out of the config file.
That's because those categories are generated on the fly and not actually stored anywhere. Once I get a config screen created for modifying categories you will be able to hide/move all those too.

Lovely :)

Any chance of adding FixSMC (a la Pacrom) to future versions? Its great to hear GPDrive will be in there with a bit of luck; you're slowly but surely getting to the stage where this might be able to beat Pacrom :) (which is hard)

Wow this isn't Yet Another File launcher this is The best File launcher :D The new icon support is great and the customized categories are wonderful and make's it so much easier to use the GP32.

Keep up the good work :D

woogal posted on Mar 25 2004 at 09:22 AM said:
Are you gonna add GPDrive built in the next version?
Hopefully. The problem at the moment is GPDrive doesn't work on win2k for me, and linux isn't supported, so the first thing for me to do is to try hacking it to work on linux so I can test :)
Although I've not got time for gp32 projects at the moment (which includes gpDrive), I will offer support for people trying to hack up the gpDrive source code to make it work on other OSs. Just don't ask me why it doesn't work - as I've no idea !

Edit: Woogal, check your PM !

Last edited by a moderator:
synkro posted on Mar 26 2004 at 10:45 PM said:
when does yafl support 16bit grafics?
fxe icons are stored in 8bit which is why YAFL uses 8bit and the standard gp32 palette. Anyway, in my day we thought we were lucky when we got 32 colours to play with, so just be grateful you have 256 ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice work, woogal! YAFL's great! It's a lot better than Wind-Ups, but there are some things that I think can be improved to make it even better. Do you plan on adding a lot more themes in the next version? How about different font colors? And if it's not too much trouble, how about some SFX?

EDIT: Everytime I start up YAFL it starts up on the second page and the Theme icon is highlighted. How can I start it on the first page and on the first icon? Also, how can I rename the icons?

Do you plan on adding a lot more themes in the next version? How about different font colors? And if it's not too much trouble, how about some SFX?
I'm hoping other people will create themes 'cos I can't actually design to save my life (well, for a coder I'm not too bad at design, but coders are famous for being crap at drawing stuff). You can set different text colours with the theme file (I'll be creating a theme designer soon to make that process easier) and I may add SFX in the next version if people want that kind of thing.

Everytime I start up YAFL it starts up on the second page and the Theme icon is highlighted. How can I start it on the first page and on the first icon? Also, how can I rename the icons?
It should store the last fxe launched and return to that page and icon at the next start up. And currently you can't rename the icons - it will always display either the name stored with the fxe, or the filename.

Back