YAFL and Lazy Reader updates

woogal

Certified Guru
Website
gp32.sector808.org
YAFL
Minor update to remember last launched file and category (was supposed to be in for the compo release but never got it finished in time)

Lazy Reader
A new selections of fonts are now available (thanks to reeced)

See http://gp32.sector808.org for more details and downloads.

woohoo! nice one woogal, some more fonts were just what I wanted to use with this fine app.

any news on whether YAFL could be integrated into the next multiFW? that would be smart, guess we'll wait and see

What goes in multifw is up to mr spiv, but if you really wanted YAFL as a firmware it's very easy to do (there's a tool that combines a bios with a gxb). The only problem is I can't fully test YAFL as a firmware unless I flash (I've tested it in geepee, but a lot of things work in that which don't work on real hardware), and if it doesn't work I'll have broken a perfectly good gp32! Thats why people are happy to let mr spiv create the firmwares 'cos he has a jtag cable to fix anything he breaks :)

I really love YAFL - It's the kind of "bios" I've been looking for ever since I got my GP32... And the new update is, although small, very needed...
The whole idea with catagorising all the executables, kind of fell through when you are presented with all of them on start-up...

btw It seems to me that the gategory "ALL" is redundant, since you have all the necesary catagories AND a "UNSORTED"...

well just my thoughts anyway... All in all great file-manager

-cheers

Thanks for the update to YAFL, the only thing I was missing was that even though I have everything categorised, it always started on the "ALL" category. I'm now a happy bunny :)

The way I run it at startup is by using MultiFW2 - set MultiFW2 to run PacRom by default, and then set Pacrom to run YAFL by default - end result - YAFL on power-on :) Sure, there's something like a few seconds delay, but I prefer that to a broken BIOS.

Back