Gpquake 0.5

Just been doing some fps tests with timedemo (Probably doesn't work on 0.5 because I changed some things to disable the very unstable demos). Very high detail, turbo off, doublesize off, 156mhz, gives a fps average of 7. Droping the detail to very low increases the fps by 0.4. With very low detail, turbo on, doublesize on the fps increases to 10.9 :). Increasing the clock speed to 160mhz (can't clock higher) increases these values to 7.2 and 11.1. All tests were performed with full sound enabled (sfx and music). Hopefully I can stablize the demos soon so others can run timedemo and we can accurately see how clockspeed affects fps.

Woogal, I saved my game on the beginning of the third level of the first episode of Quake, and my save didn't load right. When I loaded it, all the items and enemies were missing in the level and then it came up with an error.. I forget what it said, but I could load the save again and see.

Tell me if you want me to.
Yep, that happens. It looks like there might be some kind of error with the sdk file functions. It's near the top of my list of things to fix.

Last edited by a moderator:
and eighter the weapon-model or the crosshair is off-center, could you fix this? looks goofy
I've taken a look at this, and I suspect that the problem actually exists in all versions of quake (it looks like it's in my version of glquake). The reason it looks much more noticable in gpquake is because of the low resolution. The crosshair is a + character drawn in the center of the screen, but quake doesn't seem to take into account the size of the + so it draws the left side of the + in the center instead. Decreasing the value for cl_crossx fixes the problem (setting it to -4 looks about right to me). You can change this either in the console (with a chatboard) or by setting it in autoexec.cfg. The next release will set this to -4 by default.

could we run sounds in 16 bit or whatever the native is via command line? ( console )
just curious
and I still play with sound off, until we have better Frame Rates I will
but keep working on it, your the greatest Woogal

~Octavious

could we run sounds in 16 bit or whatever the native is via command line? ( console )
You can't in 0.5 for 2 reasons - 1) quake automatically selects 8bit samples if the memory is too low (which it is). 2) because there's no support for memory mods yet I've not bothered to add any code to support anything other than 8bit (because it will never be selected).

Which Mods work in GPQuake? Ive tried lots and cant get them to work :(

I put them into the Quake Folder in their own folder like - "Jaws"

I am trying to put all my Half Life tests into the origional .pak from the shareware, and eliminate excess files
Ill have a mod that can be passed around, and its legal
woot

~Octavious

Back