Release Yabause

Wow this is pretty cool, I never expected to see anything like this on the Pandora.

Can anyone recommend any classic Saturn only titles (preferably 2d and not too fast paced) that I could check out... maybe a RPG?

Well done ptitSeb :)

Wow this is pretty cool, I never expected to see anything like this on the Pandora.

Can anyone recommend any classic Saturn only titles (preferably 2d and not too fast paced) that I could check out... maybe a RPG?

There's the capcom dungeons and dragons game that's supposed to be good; and it's 2d. Hopefully this emu will be quite playable on Pyra.

If decent speed could be achieved, I think we'd be in for a wild ride on the Sega Saturn. Problem is, like the Atari Jaguar, the Saturn is built as if a mad scientist was trying to build a teleporting missile, and somehow ended up with a video games console. Still, it's great to see an emulator like this released and in the works.

Last edited by a moderator:

Guardian Heroes, and btw you can take a video and show it to us XD.

Another issue I've been noticing is that there is crackling, etc.in the background music of Magic School Lunar (and probably every other game).

I tried 3-4 Versions of Guardian Heroes with different Settings.

I did not get this Game to start,sorry. :unsure:

Another issue I've been noticing is that there is crackling, etc.in the background music of Magic School Lunar (and probably every other game).
That's common in every emulator that can't quite run at full speed; in order to keep the sound in sync with the graphics, they have to stop the sound briefly every frame (or, more accurately, since the sound data comes from the same code making the graphics, they actually run out of anything to play every frame).  You hear this as momentary regular dropouts, or cracking.

That's common in every emulator that can't quite run at full speed; in order to keep the sound in sync with the graphics, they have to stop the sound briefly every frame (or, more accurately, since the sound data comes from the same code making the graphics, they actually run out of anything to play every frame).  You hear this as momentary regular dropouts, or cracking.
Is there any way to fix it?

Well, the best thing to be done would be to make the emulator fast enough that it didn't run out of audio at any moment, but obviously that's a lot of work.  Frameskip should help, assuming actually rendering the scene takes a significant amount of time, but that doesn't suit all game types.

Otherwise, if you do actually want the video to run slow but the audio to be continuous, you'd need to run a FFT of the audio to be able to continue whatever notes were playing last to fill in the gap, but running that code would slow down the emulator further.  You could also knock the audio down an octave or two to stretch it out, but to do that you'd need to know how slow it's going to be when you start rendering a scene - perhaps that could be configurable to the user?

I had little better Results with the QT Version,

-start the PND over MiniMenu

-Overclock to 1222MHZ

-Choose the OpenAL Audio

-Use a Bios (it work without mostly,but with it will be more stable)

-use the SH4 Dynamic Recompiler

-use Frameskip

-no FPS Counter please,this make the Game Emulation little little slower ;)

-no Swap File

-start the Game from an USB Stick,but the PND from SD (little little faster loading Times)

-you can try to run the Game in Windowed 400x300 and that work little faster too.

-The SGX Driver was not important in my Tests,felt no difference here with other SGX Drivers.

When its unstable @1222 MHZ then 1200MHZ and Mini Menu

Happy Trying ;)

I tried 3-4 Versions of Guardian Heroes with different Settings.

I did not get this Game to start,sorry. :unsure:
Oh, my hearth! :( . Thank you so much for try it ^0^.

I have two more issues to report regarding the playing of Magic School Lunar via it:

1. The sprites move around when walking around in a town, etc.

2. Having Senia cast the Thunder spell in the first random battle causes the game to get stuck.

Would the DSP be useful in making the audio play at (almost) full speed?
The most instensive part here is the Graphics rendering, not the sound. So putting sound on DSP may help, but not enough for full speed, and it will not make the sound continuous, as it's bounded to the general speed of emulation (plus, puting the sound on the DSP means using SCP2, that is the multithreaded one, but it doesn't seems compatible with the arm dynarec, so a huge amount of work, that I will not do).

I will work on the graphic part, to try speed things up, but that will take time, as this part is very complicated (I will try to focus on drawLine16b from vidsoft.c if you are interested).

I have two more issues to report regarding the playing of Magic School Lunar via it:

1. The sprites move around when walking around in a town, etc.

2. Having Senia cast the Thunder spell in the first random battle causes the game to get stuck.
Is anyone able to replicate those issues?

The most instensive part here is the Graphics rendering, not the sound. So putting sound on DSP may help, but not enough for full speed, and it will not make the sound continuous, as it's bounded to the general speed of emulation (plus, puting the sound on the DSP means using SCP2, that is the multithreaded one, but it doesn't seems compatible with the arm dynarec, so a huge amount of work, that I will not do).

I will work on the graphic part, to try speed things up, but that will take time, as this part is very complicated (I will try to focus on drawLine16b from vidsoft.c if you are interested).
Are you having any luck on speeding that part up?

Are you having any luck on speeding that part up?
Nope (I haven't resume my work on yabause yet).

But it is commendable that zero3k is trying to port software.

Back