Xgp Xgpmini Spec

FluffyPanda posted on Apr 4 2006 at 01:43 PM said:
but then you wouldn't be able to use it as a video player, nor use any program that requires the second core.

Well the GP32 is one processor and can run divx sure a older out dated version with only 15 fps over clocked at 133
so yes it would beable to run movies just lower quality :p

If I wanted a movie player I'd buy a portable DVD (bigger screen after all)

But yes I do agree more programs will come out using the second processor, and I can't wait for that ;) It doesn't change much at the moment besides a little battery life but hey why take it out after all when people start using it for say SNES Emulation and NeoGeo games it would sure help with FPS with sound on more games.

And as far as it goes I definatually will be getting a GPX, the wide screen doesn't bother me becuase you don't have to use the whole thing to play games. As for the analog stick :shrugs: it's not so bad atleast you won't have people screaming about micro switches clicking (either themselves or there sleeping wives)...

I just hope that GP will be more of quality like the GP32 with it's promises from start and not the GP2X (wich no matter how hard I try will not connect to my computer I have to use a card reader)...

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably the only person here who is going to get the XGP (fullsize)... Mostly because that 64 MB of RAM would make Web Browsing much less of a headache than on the PSP... Plus... I don't care if I can't get them down the road... Li-Ions just seem alot more convienient....However, this is my opinion (seeing as DaveC will probably come by to tell me how much of a fool I am)... The mini looks ok... But it's a bit too small for my liking (even though I love the GBMicro, Genesis games should not be played on such small screens)...

I've actually held off buying a Gp2x for a XGP, fullsize. The mini doesn't appeal to me, I want something like the XGP that's a little bigger and sexy

Captainbubby posted on Apr 30 2006 at 02:27 AM said:
I've actually held off buying a Gp2x for a XGP, fullsize. The mini doesn't appeal to me, I want something like the XGP that's a little bigger and sexy
In your opinion, if I may ask, what does the XGP have over the GP2X?

Personally, I wanted something that I could hold in my hands. Vapourware is all well and good, but you can't beat an actual product.

Plus, if you really think that there'll be more than a couple of good 3D games on the XGP if/when it materialises then I think you have more faith than I.

SONY posted on Apr 30 2006 at 08:09 AM said:
He prolly wants 3d accelerated gaming? :unsure:

Than why not just get a PSP? It will be MUCH better supported...

DaveC posted on Apr 30 2006 at 08:58 PM said:
SONY posted on Apr 30 2006 at 08:09 AM said:
He prolly wants 3d accelerated gaming? :unsure:

Than why not just get a PSP? It will be MUCH better supported...

For me, it's because I don't want to have to constantly revert between different firmwares just to play homebrew and then games, and the PSP doesn't have very much homebrew that is 3D accelerated. What I want is Quake 2/3, Unreal Tournament, Cube, Nexuiz, N64 and PSX emulators all accelerated.

Anhaedra posted on May 1 2006 at 07:11 PM said:
What I want is Quake 2/3, Unreal Tournament, Cube, Nexuiz, N64 and PSX emulators all accelerated.
Wait 3-4 years.

iignotus posted on May 2 2006 at 02:03 AM said:
What I want is Quake 2/3, Unreal Tournament, Cube, Nexuiz, N64 and PSX emulators all accelerated.
Wait 3-4 years.

Why do you say that? I think the XGP can do it, if it can run Quake 3 and UT at 60fps, then it should be able to do everything else I said.

Anhaedra posted on May 2 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
Wait 3-4 years.

Why do you say that? I think the XGP can do it, if it can run Quake 3 and UT at 60fps, then it should be able to do everything else I said.

I wouldn't hold your breath on the N64 emulator. It'll be more difficult then on the PSP, and that has taken ages to get where we are today. N64 emulation on ARM devices is non existant, so the developer would have to work very hard. And in the end, the performance wont be as grand as the PSP because you're emulating a MIPS cpu onto a 266mhz arm9.

Anhaedra posted on May 2 2006 at 12:57 AM said:
Wait 3-4 years.

Well, it won't be able to. And how do you know that the XGP runs Q3 and UT at 60fps? Do you own a XGP, and can tell me that for a fact? No; no one does. Furthermore, Quake and UT are ports, PSX and N64 are emulators. Big difference in speed.

Like I said, wait 3-4 years, and you'll probably have a handheld that can handle PSX and N64 emulation at full speed.

Back