Q&a With Gamepark

rei_yano

Still Fresh
Vimacs posted on Sep 18 2006 at 04:59 AM said:
The thing is that you can just swap the aa batterys when they are empty, i allways carry a extra charged pair.
I would hate it to have to wait till i get home to recharge the unit.
if it is anything like the gba or nds lite batteries it isnt hard to bring one along in their cases (they usually have a pocket for extra games and such) I have an extra battery for both my gba and nds and they come along well in thier cases. I do have to bring a small screw driver though. its really tiny so no biggie. hopefully it wont require a screw driver. it is true though that AAs are much more easier to charge/carry along but at least the xgp and mini wont have a sealed battery.

Last edited by a moderator:

Epicenter

Very Active Member
Website
www.epicgaming.us or http
If they opt for S3C2460 battery life should be much better than it is on the GP2X. The GP32 apparently had quite good battery life .. also using a Samsung SoC. Most reports I've seen were about 9 hours average with 2 AAs. MagicEyes' chipsets are just plain inefficient-- they even take 1.8v to operate while an S3C2460 part takes 1.5v. That's not to include the other power-hungry bits in the '2x that really shouldn't be there, like the battery-sucking scaler and TV out hardware.