Xgp Xgpmini Spec

With only a little time until E3 opens with Gamepark's products on display, I had a look at the webpage.

I noticed that it list the partners...

One interesting partner is enter-tech which is a karaoke IC specilist. Does this mean that gamepark is going to put Karaoke functionality into the XGP?

http://www.enter-tech.com:8080/enteng/company/company01.jsp

icurafu posted on May 10 2006 at 01:27 AM said:
With only a little time until E3 opens with Gamepark's products on display, I had a look at the webpage.

I noticed that it list the partners...

One interesting partner is enter-tech which is a karaoke IC specilist. Does this mean that gamepark is going to put Karaoke functionality into the XGP?

http://www.enter-tech.com:8080/enteng/company/company01.jsp
On the xgp kids, there is a small slot/hole thing located near the dpad that looks to be a microphone......... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if GPU performance is pretty good for Quake 3 (It did not need a powerful 3D accelerator on the PC side of things), Quake 3 utilizes the CPU very heavily and uses an ungodly quantity of floating point code. I bet you anything GP is not going to rewrite the engine to be fixed-point based, so performance is going to be assuredly underwhelming.

It says the CPU for the XGP Kids is an ARM940T 140 mhz. Is that any different from the GP32 CPU? Also, hurray it has analog joystick ;)

I dunno, I really like the Kids model. Looks very compact. And the analog joystick does not bother me at all, because I don't need to have the perfect emulation experience.

The xgp kids looks alot better than the gp2x, or the gp32. At least its black, and has dementions ;P The gp2x is a square, look alike of a psp that peopl make fun of, while the gp32 is old, ugly and has breasts on the back of it!

Drak posted on May 20 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
The xgp kids looks alot better than the gp2x, or the gp32. At least its black, and has dementions ;P The gp2x is a square, look alike of a psp that peopl make fun of, while the gp32 is old, ugly and has breasts on the back of it!
Get a PSP pretty boy.

- Alex

Alex. posted on May 20 2006 at 06:51 PM said:
Drak posted on May 20 2006 at 09:41 PM said:
Get a PSP pretty boy.

- Alex

I dont like the psps battery life. Ill pass xD

Plus I hate new games, only psx and older systems inspire me. I hate almost every new video game out, they lost all meaning :p Excpet for Smash Brothers series.

Vimacs posted on May 19 2006 at 06:29 PM said:
how do you know if they dont put in a fpu?

Because it probably utilizes an SoC. It's not exactly easy, probably not even possible, to simply tack on an FPU like that.

EDIT: Ah, it DOES use an SoC, a MagicEyes one like the GP2X. Unless you want to use the GPU to do floating point math, something that will likely be sloppy, inconvenient and peculiar to implement, you can rest assured you won't see any native floating point execution on that machine.

Back