Write Code On The Pandora

*shrugs* people seem to have programmed complete games in onboardc on PalmOS, so I don't doubt that it is a possibility. I personally am not sure if I'll program directly on the pandora, but I know damn well I'll write my interviews on it ;) Maybe pseudocode that I can transfer to a pc later and fill in the blanks. Unless somebody goes through all the effort of setting up a perfect IDE with pandora in mind, I'd say it'd be more of a pain than a pleasure anyways...

Hooka said:
*shrugs* people seem to have programmed complete games in onboardc on PalmOS, so I don't doubt that it is a possibility.

I occasionally try out ideas on my old beat-up PalmIII. (With some crumby, proprietary C compiler I bought back when PalmIIIs were still cool. ) So I imagine I'll occasionally code on the Pandora as well.

Programming a whole game would take a special kind of insanity, though.

I hope the keyboard layout works decently with Vim.

Last edited by a moderator:
mindlord said:
I personally plan on backpacking a hacker-sized USB keyboard and trackball when I know I'll have time to do some programming on the go. My backpack goes with me just about everywhere as it is, so no big deal there.

tazg said:
Milander said:
using the built in keyboard, that would mean it could be possible to make games or software on the go

I can't imagine anyone coding with their thumbs "on the go"... just use bring a foldable keyboard along with you
Kyosys said:
pandora + external foldable keyboard = no more boredom during free time at school

Keyboard?

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the keyboard layout works decently with Vim.

hopfally beatter than a PC keybord, where you have to press shift all to often i.e. : $ and !

As a side note, I think it's pretty exciting when a device becomes self-sustaining (i.e. develop for it on it). Perhaps that could be what defines a "true" computer from a device that has a microchip it in. :p

Perhaps that's why Palm OS was as amazing and useful as it was before Palm became a mere shadow.

Also interesting to note (and this just hit me), that when people finally could write for a computer, on a computer, they really took off. :)

(This has been a peek into the awesomeness known as the mind of the javaJake) ;)

Forget the keyboard. You're talking about coding on a 4cm screen! That's almost blind coding! Unless you're the kind of guy that can code 300 lines in a row without missing a ; :D

Cant you just use bigger letters??

will i be able to use python(and other proggaming languages) on the P?

Back