WhiteBat said:
DroneB Dev said:
OMG so the Strap Hole doesnt Exist?

wriststrap

25ugvnd.jpg

XD, that happens when 2 pp are posting almos at the same time

didnt see that img when i posted

Last edited by a moderator:
If this is realy the hole for the wrist strap, i would make the strap from my dads ds on my dsl and the strap of my dsl on the pandora.. :lol:

edit: it is done, the straps are changses, now i must take the old strap from my dslite on a place wher i it dont loose..

lulzfish said:
???
I don't understand why you'd need to strap the Pandora to your wrist. In case you drop it?

The wrist strap on my Tapwave Zodiac has saved it more than once when I get bumped.

If that is a strap hole, then I'm happy - I requested this about 6+ mos ago. It would show how the team responds to good ideas. :)

lulzfish said:
???
I don't understand why you'd need to strap the Pandora to your wrist. In case you drop it?

The idea is to NOT drop it. :lol:

I'm usually pretty careful, but I've dropped a lot of devices by random accidents. If I'm going to be holding Pandora with one hand while I use the stylus with the other, the risk of accidental droppage from a bump or trip is even greater. Seeing as this is also a very limited run device, parts may be hard to come by.

well, sometimes when you go nuts playing or while walking, your grip could fail and then better have a strap rather than a Tek Support Ticket and Bill plus some days without ur panda.

maybe you are on a ship or a cruiser, im pretty sure you dont want to drop it to the bottom of the ocean.

its not like youre playing with a wiimote, but im pretty sure nintendo also didnt think the lil straps would fail.

so better prepared rather than repaired.

whe dont need any lanyard!!, i dont will hafe the pandora on my nek, it has to many weight, but a wrist strap where you can bind on your arms that the pandora dont make a fly on the floor, its a good thing, but the pandora schould surwive a fall from 1,69meters, it is tought!! B)

matzesu said:
whe dont need any lanyard!!, i dont will hafe the pandora on my nek, it has to many weight, but a wrist strap where you can bind on your arms that the pandora dont make a fly on the floor, its a good thing, but the pandora schould surwive a fall from 1,69meters, it is tought!! B)

300g is a lot to drop. PSP-1000 weighs less, and it feels like a brick. I'm sure it could survive a drop, but I'm pretty particular about keeping my stuff scratch-free. Dropping is not an option. :p

Wrist straps are sexy. I hope we either get some in the package, or can buy one (or more; my DS needs a strap, too).

Many greedy creatures around you just waiting to steal the Pandora straight out of your hands so a wrist strap is a very useful feature I think. ^_^
If the Stylus also has a hole, you could connect the Stylus with a strap onto the Case and the stylus never can vanish when it is in use or not in the Stylus-storage-hole from the Case. :)

WizardStan said:
DroneB Dev said:
and the Led Backlight pad is it Power Feed only or it can be Regulated or at least turned on/of
If I recall correctly, and sometimes I do, it was said to be wired to the PWM so it can be variably controlled. I had thoughts of wiring a tiny motor to it for rumble capabilities, before someone pointed out that a motor draws a lot more power than an LED. Stupid physics, always ruining my dreams.

nothing a properly cooled transistor or two can't take care of.
you just have to find an adequate power source and make sure to filter the motor with a capacitor in parallel to it.

150px-Transistor_as_switch.svg.png

with a proper filter circuit you could even have both the LED and motor on the same PWM output with the transistor switching on the motor only past a certain point (say >75%).

but you don't need an hardware PWM output to control a weighted motor, it can be done in software with a 50 to 100Hz timer.
you need to give 100% to the motor for at least 30-50ms to start depending on weight size, then you can modulate on a millisecond granularity due to inertia.

i think working on an external Device with external Power would be more safe and wise.
anyway jamming a led not to say a motor would be a little hard thing to do.

im thinking into making a pandora add-on to push up some rumble, plus L/R 2 buttons, and hopefully making a better grip (since the pandora is so squareish).

i believe that would be a easy task using som epoxy resing putty, the only hard part i see is that it will be hard to get the connections to the outside.
im thinking on some sort of exits through frontal SD ports or maybe drill a hole and get a 2mm 3phonic (3 conns and gnd) as a connector.

iprice said:
I actually tied my F200's stylus to my GP2X's lanyard hole.
That's what I thought the hole was. Lets see: Hole for a strap - wrist strap + Stylus /w removable capping having a strap.

DroneB Dev said:
sometimes it is not because they want, but rather they had to.

from what i see the Keyboard Light was cut and only left the pads XD.

There never actually was a light. There was only ever a pad so that someone could theoretically mod in their own LED backlighting. I don't even think it's possible with the current keymats (opaque not transparent).

DroneB Dev said:
im thinking into making a pandora add-on to push up some rumble, plus L/R 2 buttons, and hopefully making a better grip (since the pandora is so squareish).

i believe that would be a easy task using som epoxy resing putty, the only hard part i see is that it will be hard to get the connections to the outside.
im thinking on some sort of exits through frontal SD ports or maybe drill a hole and get a 2mm 3phonic (3 conns and gnd) as a connector.

The idea I had when I asked about expansion was to make a box that would connect to the USB port at the back and maybe clip onto the front or into the battery port to keep it secure. Some sort of ribbon cable could connect the USB port to the inside, where you could put a 2.5" HDD (or 1.8"), or stuff in some other USB-based devices. Will be easier to figure out how to make a case for it once the Pandora's in our hands. Could also move the battery to the bottom of the box, using the battery bay as part of the attachment area.

I drew a quick sketch of my idea. I liked your extra button idea, so I hope you don't mind me putting it on there. :)

20090910_pandora_expansionbox.png

Link if the image doesn't show: image

iprice said:
I actually tied my F200's stylus to my GP2X's lanyard hole.

Kinda like the one they sell for the Wiz? http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-d1-49-en-70-2z5b.html

Not sure what that thing hanging off it is, actually. I thought it was a pen or something.

Have any of you seen the stylus for the Palm Tungsten T5? I have one, and it's quite lovely, it feels like a fountain pen. Perhaps that could be a great add-on for the Pandora?

Back