Pandora Accessories At Gbax Shop

Loon

Just had a look for what Pandora accessories are available at the GBAX Shop.

Currently none are listed.

This got me thinking as to what I'd like to see available in the shop. It would seem to make financial sense to me to make it easy for pre-orderers to ammend their orders to include accessories such as :

TV Out Cable
Extra Battery
Spare Stylus
Carry Case
Protective Sleeve
Screen Protector
USB adaptor for USB OTG port to allow a standard USB 1 device to be used

Perhaps in the future the shop could stock items such as :

USB TV Card with proven pandora compatibility
Slimline USB Hub
Expansion dock as per this thread

Personally I'd avoid stocking SD cards as the market is volatile and it seems to be hard for a small supplier to offer cards at good value for money.

Are there any accesories that you'd like to see? Or anything on the above list that you think should not be stocked by GBAX?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure once the first batch is finished and shipped they'll concentrate on making stuff available on Gbax. You can however add a tv cable/battery/case/sdcards etc (As far as I'm aware) to your pre-order anyway by emailing or ringing Gbax anyway.

edit: oh and btw the Expansion dock was just an idea by someone on the board, dont think we'd see anything like that for a few years IF ever...

Well, we don't have a port on the bottom specifically for "expansion", so it would be more or less just a customized USB Hub with some things added on

Yes, the expansion box was just an idea, but some people, like DroneB Dev, are planning to make their own DIY boxes. My version could see fruitation, as I'm considering building a working prototype once I get my Pandora and can take more accurate measurements and such.

I would like to see a 1300mAh battery. I think that such a battery will have enough work time for most of my needs, while reducing the Pandora's weight, making it more suitable to one hand operations such as reading (eBooks, web pages, mail, etc.)

Replacement LCD cables (now with shielding!), Keymats and even whole cases. I know I'd buy a few of each to ensure a decent lifespan. Possibly even entire screens... you never know...

I know it's silly, but I would like a metal-shafted stylus.

I've got one for my PalmIII and for my DS, and they just feel so much better than the all-plastic ones.

I'd also like to see replacement LCD's as well as Custom color cases (including the Clear Case we keep seeing in the blog posts), analog joysticks and nubs, and maybe even main boards.....gasp! I'm a big advocate for hardware repair and modification (cosmetically) and since this project is open source I'd like to see the Pandora community work together to repair their Pandora's, if they happen to break at some time in the future (inevitable). I'd also like to see the creativity the community members can achieve when individualizing their Pandora, it'd be nice to have easier access to custom/replacement parts through a place like the Gbax Shop.

We've already seen tons of custom hardware mod's (via YouTube) when it comes to the 360, PSP, and original Xbox, it'd be sweet to see that kind of Customization come to the Pandora as well. Maybe Llamma will have a Pandora section in the future!

Cool, Thanks for the info! I ended up looking into replacement screens for the Archos 605 and found one selling for $89 USD and others for $129. So hopefully they will still be available if there ever comes time for us to purchase one. I tell yah, now I'll always be on the look out for used Archos 605's in the buy-and-sell and what not.

VRAndy said:
I know it's silly, but I would like a metal-shafted stylus.

I've got one for my PalmIII and for my DS, and they just feel so much better than the all-plastic ones.
I completely agree. I love the metal stylus pens, the plastic ones just are not comfortable at all.

Enverex said:
Replacement screens can be purchased already, they are £120 though (look up the Archos 605 screens).
Actually, the Archos 605 screen won't work in Pandora. Even though it's basically the same display with all of the 60 pins on the cable being the same, they are flipped! (Pin 1 = Pin 60). Archos took the display and asked the manufacturer to make a custom version with the reverse pinout and the cable off to one side instead of down the center. Comparisons to the Archos screen are only good for screen quality and glossiness analysis.

MWeston said:
Enverex said:
Replacement screens can be purchased already, they are £120 though (look up the Archos 605 screens).
Actually, the Archos 605 screen won't work in Pandora. Even though it's basically the same display with all of the 60 pins on the cable being the same, they are flipped! (Pin 1 = Pin 60). Archos took the display and asked the manufacturer to make a custom version with the reverse pinout and the cable off to one side instead of down the center. Comparisons to the Archos screen are only good for screen quality and glossiness analysis.

Did they do that to be awkward or was there actually some technical relevance?

The PCB in the Archos 605 is off to one side and the hard drive is on the other side. They did that so they could make it nice and easy for them to build and since they can place an order for a million displays, what manufacturer would say no?

@MWeston Thanks for saving me from buying a Archos 605 LCD prematurely!

Maybe in the future someone could develop an ribbon adapter to recycle the 605 screens for our Pandora's, that is, assuming it'd be cheaper that actually buying a replacement Pandora LCD. Along the same adapter idea; I was reading another thread that mentioned developing a Pandora to RS232 board. I'd be also be down for buying that from a developer or if they were sold at the Gbax Shop ( :) just keepin' on topic).

Back