Wrapping everything up!

I can remember that EvilDragon postet some pages ago that the Email seems to be from more than two months ago, as they seems to had problems whit they’re email server..
So whe Hope for the Moulds carefully arrived at the better case factory..

I still don’t understand if the whole PCBs are in massproduktion or
Are the Platines allready at Stock and they only need to put the stuff on it (Populate)
And how long will this take??
I have time: I have lots of EBooks to read, a pretty big backlog on the Xbox and Switch, etc ..

Well, I hope that EvilDragon is not suffering from burn-out. (<-That is an unintentional pun). I, for one, am looking forward to when the Pyra gets into our collective sweaty hands, but being an 'eventualist' by persuasion, I'm also happy wait until it is ready, and ED should not feel pressured - he will do his best work when relaxed and able to think about things without worrying.

No worries, I'm pretty much resistant to burn-outs, but I got the feeling my contact might've had one... somehow it feels like he didn't really deal with all this and told me lies to please me, hoping it would all solve itself when FA finally starts the production for real (which eventually happens now, even though it was as slow as usual).?

This gives me the same feeling I had with Craig before all went down or with failed Kickstarter projects... it seems a lot of people are incapable of telling the truth when something doesn't work as planned and rather try to sneak around that - which always fails in the end...

This is just my feeling right now, but I still need to have a calm talk with him, I'll let you know.

At least, regardless whether he told the truth or not, FormAction has now started the production, as they have been in contact with me directly.

The moulds are my property, so I can move them away whenever I want (after the production, of course), also without my contact involved.

My friend at UniquePlast already said he'll help me and can organize a courier locally to pick them up and move them to him...

Oh boy...

Well. At least there is progress. I hope, that things start to work out for all of us for the better.

Keep up the good work.
:)

but I got the feeling my contact might've had one... somehow it feels like he didn't really deal with all this and told me lies to please me
In some cultures, this behaviour is quite normal and considered polite. Usually then, there are subtle hints at the truth we blunt westerners just don't pick up. As far as I remember, your contact has been somewhat useful in the past (and hopefully not too expensive)...

@rygD: Man, is that stuff the densest fake happiness since Little House On The Prairie? :)

Edited: Oh man, it's a parody, yes? Took me two minutes to get it at last. Well done. :)

In some cultures, this behaviour is quite normal and considered polite. Usually then, there are subtle hints at the truth we blunt westerners just don't pick up. As far as I remember, your contact has been somewhat useful in the past (and hopefully not too expensive)...

In China it's important that no-one loses face. If telling the truth would make you lose face, you find a way to avoid telling it but give hints to the person you're speaking to to make him understand the situation and offer a way out that won't make you lose face. It's a bad idea to resort to flat out lying, but it can happen.

Common example :
"So can you get this done on time?"
(the answer is no, but saying it means losing face)
"This is a very difficult process, and there are many unknowns." <=== (though generally it will be in a more broken English)

What's expected:
"What's the worst case scenario? Is there something that could be done to improve the chance of getting it done on time?"
"If we remove that specification we can definitely get it done on time. Otherwise, worst case scenario is one month delay" (understand: "we don't like this specification (doesn't really mean that this specification is the cause for the delay), expect one month delay")

What often happens:
"Ok, but can you get it done on time?"
"Yes" (lying to save face)

Well, my contact is from Germany, he just migrated to Greece... so he shouldn't have that mentality out of the box :)

Anyways, I'm now in direct contact with FormAction to handle the rest. Of course, they're now trying to keep the production in their hands, so it'll be a bit of work, but I will manage that eventually, as I managed to fix the Pandora disaster as well.
I'll also try to find out / help my other contact. So far, he has done a good job (as far as I know, but maybe he also was partly the reason for those slowdowns), I don't want to punish him if he has any serious problems (burn-out, depression, etc.) but rather try calming him down... but this all needs to be talked about if we want to proceed here properly.

Well, my contact is from Germany, he just migrated to Greece... so he shouldn't have that mentality out of the box :)

Anyways, I'm now in direct contact with FormAction to handle the rest. Of course, they're now trying to keep the production in their hands, so it'll be a bit of work, but I will manage that eventually, as I managed to fix the Pandora disaster as well.
I'll also try to find out / help my other contact. So far, he has done a good job (as far as I know, but maybe he also was partly the reason for those slowdowns), I don't want to punish him if he has any serious problems (burn-out, depression, etc.) but rather try calming him down... but this all needs to be talked about if we want to proceed here properly.

So the 500 cases have not been made yet. But you are talking to FormAction directly now, and they have told you that production of the cases has started.
FormAction are also trying to convince you to keep production long term with them

And your contact who has been helping you communicate with FormAction, you now believe has been lying to you

Is that the sum of the situation?

So the 500 cases have not been made yet. But you are talking to FormAction directly now, and they have told you that production of the cases has started.
FormAction are also trying to convince you to keep production long term with them

And your contact who has been helping you communicate with FormAction, you now believe has been lying to you

Is that the sum of the situation?

Basically, yes.
I'm still investigating everything, but that's my gist. There's just TOO much that feels like when Craig started trying to hide delays and bad news.

Basically, yes.
I'm still investigating everything, but that's my gist. There's just TOO much that feels like when Craig started trying to hide delays and bad news.

Why would your contact lie to you?. Isn't he just some guy you know who volunteered to help you communicate with FormAction as he lives in Greece.

I guesss that's what you are trying to find out at the moment. It just sounds so weird though

Why would your contact lie to you?. Isn't he just some guy you know who volunteered to help you communicate with FormAction as he lives in Greece.

Why did Craig start to lie? Why do so many Kickstarter project creators start to lie as soon as some setbacks happen?
My guess is: They're too scared bringing bad news, so they try to work things out in the background, hope that this works out fine and tell you that everything is okay and going according to plans right now.

It especially seems to happen whenever things get stressful... could be some kind of depression / burn-out...?
I'm lucky I've never been in such a situation, but I know some people who already HAD burn-outs and / or depressions (some of my close friends), and this is often part of their behaviour, besides being totally demotivated, etc.
They KNOW that have to do something then but they lack the motivation, so they just tell you something to keep you calm and quiet. It must be horrible for them as well, but it's hard to recover. Let's hope it's not the case here!

I guesss that's what you are trying to find out at the moment. It just sounds so weird though

Well, I know he has his own startup company and he was VERY stressed within the last year. He's rarely at home and often on-the-go. So... that might be a reason.

I'm lucky I've never been in such a situation, but I know some people who already HAD burn-outs and / or depressions (some of my close friends), and this is often part of their behaviour, besides being totally demotivated, etc

In my experience, lying can often be the root of stress/depression. Wanting to keep everyone happy at all costs ends up eating individuals up internally (cognitive dissonance) if they are being untruthful; even if the outcome is not terrible.

It's also a cascade problem. Once they've lied once, there's the precedence to build on it and some even start to believe their self-created fiction (which smokers habitually do).

I feel I'm similar to you. It is tough bringing bad news, but after doing so usually one feels a "weight lifted" and discussions can start to resolve it. Ultimately nothing can improve until that impediment is removed.

You're a really good person to suggest talking calmly to them, and I also think that's a very good approach.

SUP.

12 days till the end of the year 2018...

I hope that there will be "end of the year" update.

It will be really nice if there is some sort of action plan or road map for 2019 in it.

You know, like the guys from Purism did at the beginning of their Librem 5 project.

So to be direct and short: WHEN are the 500 cases finished? ARE they even ever made soon and how are the chances for it?
A little bit Off Topic:
I like direct communication, never understood these weird "lose your face cultures". You lose your face when lying for sure, why do these (asian) people don't understand this? I would never do business with liars, better communicate directly. They need to learn that when doing business with western people for sure. I usualy repsect foreign culture quirks but in case of this behaviour I really can't. :/

Back