wow what an exciting day of news

angrypants

GP OG
Wow, I don't remember a day when so many awesome projects wee discussed on this site. The atari ST emulator looks promising but I think I'll wait until the next release to check it out. Still the development of that is very impressive and seems to be coming along quickly. Its always nice when developers keep the scene updataed on there progress. It seems like alot of emu authors like to keep people in the dark about that sort of thing then just release it when its ready. I don't see why, its always nice to hear updates about projects and I would think that people replying with excitment for the project would keep the developer excited about working on it.
The genesis emulator is also a nice supprize. I don't even have to comment on this because everyone has been waiting for someone to take up this sort of projects and its nice to see it come alive. Ryle seems to be working on some great stuff genesis / mame and I can't wait to give some of it a try.
King of fighters looks relly impressive so far. I know this projects is not the same one that was posted on april fools day and seems to be legit. I am a huge KOF fan and it would be amazing to have a nice portable version of it to carry around. I hope it continues the way it has so far becaus it looks very nice.
Oh yeah as well a bit down the line there is also a neo-geo pocket emu that looks promising as well I heard somthing about nester being ported to the GP. Nester is an exelent emulator and the dremcast port of it is now just about as perfect as it can be. The author for to be dedicated to it so lets hope we see a nice nes emulator in the future.
Its hearing news about projects like these which make me glad to be a gp32 owner.

took the words right out of my mouth!

yes, things are starting to get pretty exciting around here. My poor ol' GBA is starting to look a little pale by comparison, it's gonna be harder for it to compete for my already-limited time...!

This is great- i just got my GP32 this week, I have been watching this scene pretty closely for awhile, I knew that some more interesting projects would be picking up but no expectations that it would be THIS fast and frequent (not 6 months ago I was denouncing the GP32 as a doomed failure with little to no developer interest.. thanks for the faulty programming IGN!) No it's true, the scene has reallybeen getting up to speed lately and it can only get better from here. I am very excited!

Keep spreading the word...

It is true that this little device is absolutely awsome and even I thought that this device was going to be a flash in the pan but the underground scene that it has gennerated has been absolutley great. The future possibility of SF2 but a proper arcade conversion is only round the six month corner if the scene stays this bright. I will be buying my GP32 on the strength of my next pay check and the sale of my E740. :D

right on it seems like the scene was booming for awhile but then started to die out. It seems that more recently alot of people have been giving it a little more concideration and the scene seems to be coming alive again. As for the gp32 being doomed I can see that too. The comercial games are not that impressive and there are very few of them. If this system was not open source and allowed people to develop and release software for it at will it would have died long ago. The amature developers are what is really keeping this thing alive. I just have one question though, what is keeping game park going. I know that alot of companies sell the system but acctualy make their money off of the software. I just don't see that heppening in game parks case. They can't be making a ton of cash off of the games that they sell. So are they making a majority of their profits directly from the sale of the console itself?

Gene....sis......e...m....u

*dr0000000000000000000000000000000000000l* :D
I am amazed, the announcement then first release of screenshots in UNDER a week :D

Mmmmmmmm lots of new nice things. Thats good news for the GP32.

All you EMU coders keep up the good work - if you need more Coffee/Coke (not the type you snort mind) I'm sure theres people out there willing to donate a quid or two (inc. myself!) to keep you interested in completin' things.

Blimey - I leave the forums alone for a few hours and all this happens!!!!!!!

Absolutely FANTASTIC news about the new emus, with the Genesis emu obviously being top of the interesting list at the moment. It really is starting to look up for the platform as a whole. Haven't been this enthusiatic about a platform for bloody years! :D

It's great to see everyone getting really excited about it too... I love the Amiga community - but everyone has been wait soooo long for the new Amiga and it's new OS that everyone is, well, a bit pissed off to say the least!

The ST emulator is definitely showing promise, but only time will tell :)

But GP32 is different! Lets just hope it stays that way!

im well pleased with my new hobby guys. and looking forward to the way things are picking up for the system!

just found a little gem from the past- game called werewolves of london for the spectrum, if u want a nice speccy game, this is the one!

jim

Yup alotta good news the last few days! And also expect some more stuff in the next couple of weeks...the GP32 is really taking off :blink:

TFC

I can't wait for that fgen ;) just one question though: will it have frameskipping like in fnes?

wow, just wow. I was pretty excited about getting my gp32 before all this news and now I'm ecstatic! I'm waiting by my door waiting for the UPS truck to pull up! :D

-Oh and hello everyone!

(off topic) If I'm correct Axeman, that's the main character from Seaman, a virtual fish program for the Dreamcast.

scrn04.jpg

Flack

Rico posted on Apr 25 2003 said:
Flack posted on Apr 25 2003 said:
a virtual fish program for the Dreamcast
That's the most bizarre string of words I've heard in a long time.
it is/was an insane game. You had to feed a fish up to maturity, and then teach it how to talk by speaking to it with a microphone. The best part was that it basically took the piss out of you all the time. i accidently killed my fish whilst I was pissing about with the internal clock, and put it forward a month. oops!

Last edited by a moderator:
:D HA! i didn't think my avatar was that obscure. Anyway your right Flack, Seaman for the sega dreamcast. Would connecting the GP32 to the dreamcast would have any purpose? I love DREAMCAST!

We need a dreamcast emulator for GP32 :D .

Please dont respond to this by saying its impossible, everyone already knows that

I know no one was talking about this but...Im sure someone could emulate the VMU (visual memory unit). that would be cool, if i could connect my gp32 to my DC as a vmu... sorry, off topic. :unsure:

Back