Oooo.. F Day News!

So is there any REAL F-day news? considering the coming of F-day was announced so long ago... kinda odd that NO news has come from Ryleh in so long...

bast525 posted on Apr 17 2005 at 08:10 AM said:
So is there any REAL F-day news? considering the coming of F-day was announced so long ago... kinda odd that NO news has come from Ryleh in so long...

Maybe he is dead? :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
you can see the progress he made on his emus on his retrodev-forum.
he updated the bug-tracker.
it's impressive! :)

AH! I'm sure you've all seen the f-Day news on the main page... Great, great stuff, and I love the new menus.

However, I have a question... Rlyeh mentions 13 emulators.

There are only 12 listed at the top of the page and on the forums... hmmm...

And does this mean he's also going to work on fGEN again? That would be sweet because there are a couple games fGEN does better than DrMD for some reason.

Anyway, coolest news ever. :D :D

Hmm...GPVGB and the current pubic version of fGB32 seem to be sufficient, so I don't know what exactly is left for this new, "impressive" fgb32. What I would like to know is if he has somehow added support for allowing the old monochrome games to be played in color, just like the actual GBC. Does your beta support this, EvilDragon? That'd definetly make it impressive.

Speed is currently inconsistent when playing a game--especially in regards to the music. I'm really excited about this new fGB, actually. Though I agree that Super Game Boy support would be awesome, and support for color like the GBC did would be even better. :)

Azure posted on May 5 2005 at 02:31 AM said:
Hmm...GPVGB and the current pubic version of fGB32 seem to be sufficient, so I don't know what exactly is left for this new, "impressive" fgb32. What I would like to know is if he has somehow added support for allowing the old monochrome games to be played in color, just like the actual GBC. Does your beta support this, EvilDragon? That'd definetly make it impressive.

Nope, it doesn't (thank goodness, because it looks aaaawful in my opinion).

But the timing on the public version is really bad. It's out of sync with the music, sometimes runs too fast, sometimes too slow.
The timings of the new version is perfectly.

If anybody takes on my idea of how to easily make GB-Mono-Games appear in full colored 16bit colors, he'd implement support for it.
But we'd need a tile editor written specifically for that purpose first.

Last edited:
EvilDragon posted on May 4 2005 at 09:10 PM said:
Nope, it doesn't (thank goodness, because it looks aaaawful in my opinion).

But the timing on the public version is really bad. It's out of sync with the music, sometimes runs too fast, sometimes too slow.
The timings of the new version is perfectly.

If anybody takes on my idea of how to easily make GB-Mono-Games appear in full colored 16bit colors, he'd implement support for it.
But we'd need a tile editor written specifically for that purpose first.

How about color support for Super Game Boy-enabled titles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Are we talking about the same thing, EvilDragon? I'm talking about that ghetto color where all the colors on the screen for the mono games would just be shades of one or two colors. You know, like how you would have to press different button combinations at the Gameboy splash screen to choose a certain color setting. Not the Super Gameboy color.

Azure posted on May 5 2005 at 05:22 AM said:
Are we talking about the same thing, EvilDragon? I'm talking about that ghetto color where all the colors on the screen for the mono games would just be shades of one or two colors. You know, like how you would have to press different button combinations at the Gameboy splash screen to choose a certain color setting. Not the Super Gameboy color.

Yes, I do mean the same thing.
I always found it silly selecting a nice looking color (e.g. where Mario's face isn't blue, etc.), and in the next level, you had to select again because colors were looking strange again...
That's why I always wanted to play grayscales :)

Last edited:
There have been various rumours in the past that there are experimental fEmulators floating around which weren't particularly heading for a release, I juts wondered if they would be part of fDay, even if they don't receive an update, perhaps the source will be released to mythical things such as fMAME, fSNES, fBBC etc etc, then perhaps someone else might like to continue the development after rlyeh leaves the dev scene.

PS On his website he mentions porting emulators to the DS, interesting, I hope they break the PSP soon!

®

Back