what gp32 projects are you most looking forward to

angrypants

GP OG
I am really really looking forward to that fnes emulator. The nes is by far my favorite system and having an emulator of that quality would be amazing. Does it really have the ability to save screen shots and video? and the ability to play multi player with the RF unit. That is spectacular and offers many options that have never been done before on the gp32. I am also really looking forward to the next version of the doom port mainly for the gamma correction. This port is amazing and from what I have heard is still getting better. Aside from that I am looking forward to some sort fo genesis emulator. I have heard that zardoz jones has stated that he is going to continue work on his genesis emulator which I'm sure will be amazing. As well ryle has a genesis emulator in the works which I have heard he will be focusing on as sonn as he finishes up the nes emulator. From what I have seen of the nes emulator in the video by flack and heard as far as the options that it has to offer I am sure that his genesis emulator will be amazing as well. I know both of these genesis emulators will be amazing but I am not getting too excited just yet because I know they are both a long way off. However near perfect versions of doom and nes seem to be right around the corner and I can't waite.

angrypants posted on May 15 2003 said:
I am really really looking forward to that fnes emulator. The nes is by far my favorite system and having an emulator of that quality would be amazing.
Me too. To be honest, I essentially bought the GP32 just so I could play NES classics anytime I want. All the other cool emulators are an added bonus. Just give me save states, and I'll be happy! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, the nes emulator really does look good.

Just hope that ryleh finishes it before he wants to emulate something else ;)

also looking forward to, in no particular order

Updated Doom with modsupport and gamma control
SCUMM with mp3 sound
Ryleh's other emulators
FLU Upgrade kit
256mb SMC's :)

I looking for:
DOOM update
Tie Break Tennis (update or sale)

angrypants posted on May 15 2003 said:
I am really really looking forward to that fnes emulator.
Absolutely. Rlyeh has me drooling with all this WIP updates and the teaser movie from Flack :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just Software? Then maybe an DOS (x86) Emulator. But Hardware-wise I hope for an USB-Keyboard :cool:

PeAcE

I'm looking forward to someone rewriting the port of quake so it uses fixed point binary, and so should run at a decent framerate. Not that anyone will ever do this, but I can dream, to be honest doom with gamma support and a genesis emulator, from whatever author are things I 'm most looking forward too.

Yeah.. SNES and fullspeed, im waiting for that!
Other thing im intrested:
Handy
Quake :) yes it would be awesome
fnes32
Genesis emu
Ram Upgrade = perhaps neogeo metal slug *dreaming*
x86emu
GameBoy Color emu , still waitung for a good one to play Zelda 4, GBA would be also really cool, but not a must
and...

LINUX!!!!!!! (with usb keyboard :) )
yes i think this is what im really waiting, it would be awesome to use a small linux with a tiny x server to play games, work, perhaps also internet...

Portable metal slug, that would be amazing, I thought we might get the next best thing on a certain emulator that shall remain nameless, but that's life

Quake
Doooooooom
SCUMM
GENESIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SNES
NES
Neo Geo Pocket
WinGP
DoS
Jesus

and on the hardware side
Keyboard
USB Stuff
RAM expansion

A USB keyboard is simple.
All you have to do is listen to the values on the USB port,
and then convert them to button presses.
Simple as pie.
I could map the port and the USB signals, if someone did the proggraming.
I can't program for shit in C :(

Anyways, contact me - flaize@yahoo.com
If you're intrested.

Im just happy when anything for gp32 comes out!

If somebody did a dreamcast emu, it would have to be...umm....god, considering dreamcast is almost 2x more powerfull than gp32 :lol:

Heh, N64 isnt possible either, but it would be nice

Full speed SNES/Megadrive, a less fussy movieplayer, and - above absolutely everything else - x86; even if we only manage to emulate a 12MHz processor

(although a 24 MHz one would be nicer... might mean Tyrian would actually run without too much slowness).

Id really love a fast snes emulator with sound and saves.
Also the Amiga would be brilliant hopefully thats coming along ok although i know its going to be tricky.

Personally,

It would have to be an atari 800 emulator or atari xe etc?!

my favourtie computer!!

Back