fGEN32 image

Yeh cant wait for that megadrive/genesis emulator, hopefully Id be able to play Fifa Soccer on there at reasonable speed, that would be cool!

Just a question, does anyone know if it will support save states cos thats what all the emulators are crying out for at the mo?

If this works, I'll run to buy myself an GP32 before you can say "Did you hear, I can now play Streets of Rage 2 and bunch of other great Megadrive/Genesis games on a handheld".

I think I'm in love with you, rlyeh.

Word to ryleh, you are the man. What a speedy port that was :)

Also word to the guy who mentioned Genesis Plus on these forums, he might have kicked this off :)

Ryleh, how much work have you done on Masterlator? I mean, if it works on the hardware it might be a good idea to use that, unless there's a huge speed/compatibility increase to be had with Genesis Plus.

- Rico

Rico posted on May 16 2003 said:
Ryleh, how much work have you done on Masterlator? I mean, if it works on the hardware it might be a good idea to use that, unless there's a huge speed/compatibility increase to be had with Genesis Plus.
Masterlator? I guess you meant Generator...

Generator is quite strange, but i'll try to continue its development, or mix both emus together... like I'm doing with fNES32

Dunno what to do atm :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
..sorry, must have confused it with that other emulator, which is called Masterlator I think.

By mixing them I guess you'll take the fastest routines from each one? I didn't know you did that for fNES32, cool :)

Masterlator is CHN's SMS/GG emu

So far, speed is abysmally poor, but possibly one day it'll rival SMS32 (and have save states ? )

fGEN32 is running finally in real hardware.
The source code was updated from the latest Charles McDonald's sources.
It was an unalignment problem (classic problem).

Speed is right now about 30%, with frameskip 1, no sound, and 133 mhz, which is quite cool considering it was ported as-is, with no optimizations.

Expect some improvements at speed in a couple of days.

Here is another shot btw
fgen2.gif

Greetings

Thanks for the update Rlyeh

Please keep us informed on your progress.

MrT

I have no doubt that the fps can be upped quite a lot once optimised, straight ports are always slow as you said :) Maybe some ASM conversion?

In theory it should be faster than present SNES emulators...

The last image is the great Thunder Force IV!!!!
Wow!!!
Rlyeh next pic make it with Shinig Force 2 or Story of Thor pliz :)

Yeah, i am looking forward to fgen too. I wanna play Shining Force and Landstalker!

Loolarge

Looking great Ryleh! Can't wait to the release.

PS: Good choice of pics. Gunstar Heroes has to be one of my favorite games ever.

kram posted on May 19 2003 said:
Looking great Ryleh! Can't wait to the release.

PS: Good choice of pics. Gunstar Heroes has to be one of my favorite games ever.
its one of the best for the whole system.

Last edited by a moderator:
I meant to ask Swiss-Cheeseman

What's your favourite game on the Megadrive / Genesis?

;)

MrT

Back