Wind And Water: Puzzle Battles Official Release!

Awesome game! i have been awaiting the release for some time now. One question though, how do i get my sprite in my game? I am one of the first 50 who preordered the game and according to the yuan works blog http://blog.yuan-works.com/en/ i should be able to use my sprite in my game. But the thing is i have no idea how to do that :huh:

Yep that's what you gotta do for a Full Clear :)

BTW if anyone didn't receive the confirmation, email us or PM me and I'll solve it immediatly!

paxl13: I'm glad :D!

PSyMastR:
Yes, Stats are for everyone to see and they will be available soon! That's the whole idea of stats :D The truth is that we were expecting to start working on stats by next week or so because we weren't thinking that anyone would actually upload any stats. Well I was completely wrong and more than 30 have already uploaded their stats!

Some interesting numbers :)

Top 5 total played hours
izomiac . . . . . . 8:22:00 :)o when this record was uploaded, the game had less than 30 hours of being released!)
Shinra . . . . . . . 6:10:37
greenmikey . . . 6:09:51
Hyperpc . . . . . .4:59:33
Horscht . . . . . . 4:50:25

Top 3 Yuan points:
Shinra . . . . . . 3346
izomiac . . . . . . 1546
chemaris . . . . . 1402

Top 3 Biggest Combo:
psymastr . . . . . . . 35 blocks :)P! Your record is higher than the one in my new save!)
Chaosspawn23 . . .32 blocks
EvilDragon . . . . . . 30 blocks
Hyperpc . . . . . . . . 30 blocks

Oh, and we were thinking of letting everyone compare Stats with the global average, but comparing face-to-face with a single player could be a lot of fun too! :p Thanks for the suggestion!

dj_orta: We haven't uploaded your .esi file but your sprite is ready :D I'll send you instructions on how to upload it in about 15 minutes!

Oh and just in case: EVERYONE (first 50 or not) will be able to use their sprite in the game! :)

50 were the ones that we included in the release date, the other ones will be available soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am stuck at E08

I don't exactly know what to do.

Do I have to do a 3x time chain, then cancel it, and make a 10x time combo right after that? If so I can't get the 10x time combo to work anyways. Any Clues?

or maybe a video that show me what to do?

nvm, got it. not sure what made me solve it this time, but after 10 minutes or so I had it

I have a question, on A11 where there are like 15-20 wind elementals. Why don't they work with the water, do I need to get my combo meter 1/2 way first?

Time Chain + Cancel is quite a hard move.

Here ya go :D hope it helps!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0V4Wrz706NM

(spoiler alert! This stage is E08 from the Story mode)

Edit: Just saw your edit, anyway it's done so you can see what I did :p!

PSyMastR: The difficulty (Level) is set to "Hard", where Wind blocks are normal blocks! You can only use Void as a special block. Read tutorial 8 (Gameplay Levels) for more info :)

Looks pretty cool! I have to admit I haven't been watching this very closely but I am downloading the demo now =D

Thank you soooo much A r k for getting my sprite up in such a short time! This game rocks! Its just so cool to be able to go to my stats and see me! Right now i'm stuck on puzzle stage C7 (grrr soooo hard!). I'll prob upload my stats later tonite. Oh, another question for the board, what are the factors that determine your letter rank for a stage in sotry mode? Sometimes i beat the stage quickly with a lot of combos and elementals but i still get a C. Just curious so i can try to improve my rank.

wow... this game has me hooked! It is incredibly challenging but also makes you want to practice more and more. I think this is the most challenging puzzle game I ever played whilst being the most deep in gameplay aswell. Good job guys!

After evolvin in the game, I am always sayin it's the best puzzle game ever made, this one is pure art, and built with that in mind, because it's a nearly perfect game that talks about how to make a game from draft to a polished one.
Why such a polished game didn't appear earlier on other systems ?
I don't know, it's complex but simple, it's pure genius.

I would have to says only some things that are not so perfect :
- In story mode it should be great that the game save the position of amy on the map, to continue puzzle chalenges where we left them :)
- When we lost a challenge, amy have a little animation before we can retry, I dislike waiting for the end of the animation before pressing B again twice :) I want to smash B directly ! :)
- Something to save the sound volume of the game

After these little things in a future uptate, I hope my batteries will charge as fast as I need :D
Thanx Yuan Works !!!

Thanks everyone for your comments!

I am an EXCELLENT (nope, not good, excellent) puzzle game player (I'll upload my stats one day, but I don't promise anything human :p), not only in this game but in Tetris Attack (Panel de Pon), of course Tetris, Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, etc., and I can say that there is no puzzle game with so much stuff included, 20+ hours (I think it would take 30+ hours for the best players around here to beat the whole game, we'll have to wait for someone to beat it!) story mode, lots of cutscenes, animated intro, 3 modes of playing etc. etc., and I think many of you could back me up :) And those games don't cost 16 bucks ;)

I was actually playing the new panel de pon for DS one day and I was really sad of how little to none improvement there was since the release for SNES, since I am a big fan of that game.

Gadget: Hope you like the demo! :D It's quite complete with almost two complete worlds, but the commercial version is a lot more polished!

dj_orta: Thanks! :D Glad you're enjoying it! C7 yeah, that one's hard! It gets REALLY hard by the end! There's one puzzle at the end that really gets me, I always take like 15 minutes to solve it (and I actually made them!)

About ranks: It depends... for example, some stages need a fast time, other need good scores, and other need special wins :) That's why you may keep getting a B even though you do it real fast! Also, the upper rank (after A) is sometimes REAL hard, so I would say A is good enough!

UMXPRime: The "simple yet complex" was one of the hardest things to achieve in the complex puzzle engine behind the game!

Finally, thanks for your suggestions. About saving the position... how can I say it... you won't need it so much when you advance a little more in the game ;) (yep, trying to avoid a spoiler)

The lost animation is a little long! :p I'll write that down. Also had not thought about the vol level!

More stats! :D I'll upload them right away!

EDIT: Just found out that MutkaHeki has played 14:00 hours and has cleared a total of 56022 blocks! :eek: Damn! Could I know how many hours you have slept? :p

Chemaris is right behind with 11:30 hours :p

Yeah, I got that upper rank on one level, what is that. I took basic mandarin chinese for a year, but never saw that, so I don't think thats what it is. Its like a perpendicular sign with a line coming out of the right in the middle too.

..|
..|--
..|
-----

(dont mind the dots)

I just uploaded my stat :D, proabaly weak but I was playing to a couple of other new game I just got, like R-Type Final :D Anyway, My comment stays,
THANKS YOU for this puzzle !

paxl13

PSyMastR said:
Yeah, I got that upper rank on one level, what is that. I took basic mandarin chinese for a year, but never saw that, so I don't think thats what it is. Its like a perpendicular sign with a line coming out of the right in the middle too.

..|
..|--
..|
-----

(dont mind the dots)

Well, that's kinda weird, because that character is one of the basic ones and it's learned pretty early, I guess. Maybe the system they taught you under is different.

It is read "shang" in Chinese and "ue" (there are other readings) in Japanese, and normally means top, over, up, and such.

But it can also mean "master" or "upper" as in upper grade. Or Upper Rank ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
This might seem like a dumb question, but how do I change the difficulty on the mini games in story mode? Everytime I replay them it always goes to "easy".

Yes! I finally got to the end of the story mode. Those expert mode levels were hard! I spent over 40 minutes on two or three of them. Then I realized the difference between a Time Combo, Time Chain, and a regular Chain so that made things much easier. Great game so far, now it's time to complete some of the special levels/clears and then it's on to puzzle mode!

Edit: Err, wait, there's more! Wow! And here I thought I'd gotten to the end...

izomiac: Great progress!! You're just behind Chemaris and MutkaHeki with 10 hours :D! Just watched your save, uploading it!

Sorry to disappoint you, but *that* Stage is FAR from being the ending ;) And no, you're not only missing some special stages or extras... :p

Let me know when you find out what you are *really* missing :D

dj_orta: You can't play the other difficulties right away in the story mode :p! You'll find out soon enough how to play them harder.

Yep, I noticed that after I reloaded the game, but I'm far from disappointed, I'm estatic that there's more! (Although the hard part will be staying awake for physics tomorrow! :) )

I'm far behind everyone else by now (That's having kids for you) but again - this is an excellent, excellent game. Missed my bus stop on the way to work today since I was battling Rosewind :)

Since others have asked, I'll ask too - Did my sprite get lost or am I just far behind in the sprite-drawing waiting line? :) PM me if you don't want to fill the thread with spritequestions...

Back