Will You Buy Boxed Versions Of Games For Pandora With Extra Features?

Will you buy BOXed versions of Games for Pandora with Extra Features?

• Yes, yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but only if i''''ll get extra features in games and Hi Quality box and manual

• Yes, but only if i''''ll get extra features in games

• Yes, but only if i''''ll get hi quality box and extra features inside the box [ keyrings... ]

• No, i''''m interested only in free games

• No, i''''m interested in buy games online only

• No, i want emulators only and scene

• Total voters

'StreaK' said:
I see no REAL Collectors in here :)
...yet. (4 votes as of writing)

I'm sure there will be some who collect for completeness.

But will it be a large enough audience to warrant a huge collection of professionally-packaged and marketed games and packages?

Last edited by a moderator:
ok time to end this
there should be a few commercial games for the PANDORA, however why provide box versions, it eats profit incredibly. if theres no manual labour no manufacturers no delivery no packaging the game can be offer for under £10, even £1, make some decent money, all with 0 costs

collecting is a sin against god, enjoy your bloody things for god dammit
and the manual, no manual crap is ridiculous

if you want to collect keep to your Victorian vase's and yo gi oh cards

i actually hope to see decent number of games for 99p, £1.99 going up to £5

it basically helps everyone, although these games should be up to professional standards, no jaggy edges around anything.
emulators, i dont know why, but i feel you shouldnt have to pay or if you do its should be like £3

maybe because theyre necessities

My personal view, and I hope nobody takes it the wrong way, is that games are for playing, not "collecting" to death and never enjoying. To explain this view, it was formed due to there being numerous good games that I would like to play, but it being nearly impossible to obtain these games at a reasonable price - it might take me an entire lifetime to get to play some of them, if I ever get the chance at all, and that's quite disappointing. :p (To sum up: I'm certainly not interested in "collector's value" and the like, so please pardon me and my viewpoint if folks like myself aren't the demographic that this poll is suited to. ;))

That said, if it were to present a benefit to a developer (I can't at this moment see how, as I understand that it would cost more to sell boxed titles, but if I'm missing something please point it out to me :p), I wouldn't mind buying a boxed title or two - although I would also be just as happy buying an SD Card in its standard plastic case, with a nice label on the card in such instances, too. :p

On the other side of that coin, though, I would possibly find it to be a bit audacious if a substantial amount of extra money were to be required for a boxed edition in order to get desirable features that wouldn't otherwise be available. :p

I remember the manual for fallout 1 was awesome but that was because a lot of time went into it. Spiral bound, thick and labeled Vault Dwellers manual. It had custom art work inside and some funny comics of Pip Boy. Plus the Perk list was actually useful and you ended up using it. Most manuals are less useful than the armature FAQs at GameFAQS.

A smaller scoped game (no matter how well done) does not need a manual beyond a few pages and then not really even then.

even though I'm happy to look at my old stuff with boxes and manuals, I think the pandoa really needs a solid digital distribution method for buying commercial games.
I'd be extremelly happy to simply run an app and buy my own BikeOrDie pandora version :)

I actually wanted to start a similar poll, but with purchasable digital options. Higher Quality Textures, etc

The fact of the matter is that if you send me a high-quality box and an SD card with some flashy graphics printed on it, I'm just going to copy the file over to one big SD card to consolidate--the box and card will end up in my closet. Buying it online is just more practical.

'audovoice' said:
I remember the manual for fallout 1 was awesome but that was because a lot of time went into it. Spiral bound, thick and labeled Vault Dwellers manual. It had custom art work inside and some funny comics of Pip Boy. Plus the Perk list was actually useful and you ended up using it. Most manuals are less useful than the armature FAQs at GameFAQS.

A smaller scoped game (no matter how well done) does not need a manual beyond a few pages and then not really even then.
Agreed. The only game I've bought in physical form in a long time was Fallout 3 for the same reason. Got me a lunch box and a bobble head vault dweller. Outside such awesomeness, I seen no reason to waste development money and consumer cost on what is essentially landfill material (initially or eventually... inevitably).

There wasn't a poll option for me. All three "no" options are too specific. I'm interested in free games, bought games, emulation, and all software really - via download.

However, if a "special edition" boxed version of something I liked was released, I'd probably buy it.

'geo12' said:
The fact of the matter is that if you send me a high-quality box and an SD card with some flashy graphics printed on it, I'm just going to copy the file over to one big SD card to consolidate--the box and card will end up in my closet. Buying it online is just more practical.
Of course it's advantage of box version. You'll get always deluxe version of a game with VIDEOS [ for example, 250mb of movies for game or sneek peak from production or even interview with author ] or with some DELUXE LEVELS that not fit [ because its to big ] in standard online version. This is the main purpose of creating the box versions of a game for pandora. Among other things youll get few gadgets with every game. Take a look at it from that side.

'Username' said:
Why is there no "doesn't matter either way" option?

That option would be the "Do Not Vote" option.

Stick the game / Emulator / App on a CD in a box with a custom printed neoprene sleeve for the Pandora and a matching stylus? That would get my attention!

I've had too many computer problems to want to go *entirely* digital, but I suppose I can burn backups myself.

'StreaK' said:
As simple as it gets, please vote :)
So StreaK does this mean your developing commercial games for the :pandora1: ? or did you just fancy doing a poll? I'm hoping your a dev and that your working on some commercial games but I fear it's just another poll :)

I voted for online downloads btw. Who needs a box..

wait, I just came to a conclusion.
It costs money to produce a physical distribution, more money than a digital one at least. By getting shelf space, however, it makes your game visible to the masses, and you theoretically get a broader audience.
However, the Pandora is niche by design: this audience is about as broad as it gets, at least for now. Even if it hits 100'000, that's still small potatoes, nothing that getting something up on a shelf would benefit from, I would expect.
So the sale of physical media would most likely be entirely web based anyway. Since it has a cost above web hosting, physical sale is by necessity less profitable than digital sale at the same price. It would seem to me, then, that a developer would be encouraging digital sales to maximize profit, rather than physical, therefore any special features would be preferred in the download version, rather than the hard version, unless the hard version is made more expensive to be brought up to the same profit level as the digital. It doesn't make any sense to have a physical release otherwise.
If there are features only available on the physical version, I would have to take the extra amount the developer is charging for that physical version into account before deciding if it was worth it.

You can get in-game features by hacking and pirating.
If I get a box, I want some feelies. [Is that what those are called? It sounds dirty]
Like when I bought The Sword's albums, I got some cool box art and a sticker that says "The Sword"
You can't just buy CD case, print those things out on gloss paper and sticker paper, and....

Well, you COULD, but it wouldn't count.

Back