Wicked Optical Illusion

Nova

Is that a Caanoo in your pocket or are you just ha
Website
Visit site
I was up a few nights back, just exploring stumble upon, when I came upon this

Intrigued, I wanted to make my own, and after a bit of searching, I came upon this

So I've made me one, and the effect is truly stunning, it's pretty freaky late at night, and I dunno, I thought I'd share it with you lot, cos everybody should have one.

Enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up a few nights back, just exploring stumble upon, when I came upon this

Intrigued, I wanted to make my own, and after a bit of searching, I came upon this

So I've made me one, and the effect is truly stunning, it's pretty freaky late at night, and I dunno, I thought I'd share it with you lot, cos everybody should have one.

Enjoy.

Those links are the same

If you cross your eyes a little, you'll see the illusion. Since i did that, the illusion seems to have stuck, whether or not i close any eyes.

yup i seen that a whiel back too. Never really looked much into makin one tho. If i can get my printer workin i might try it :D

I've got one of those sitting on my desk. It was in one of the early levels of notpr0n - 12 I believe. I love that effect.

The believability of the effect depends on how well you build the dragon. If you do it properly, it works even when you're looking directly at it. I've built quite a few of these, and some of them haven't worked at all (the one I did in 5 minutes on a bus would be a prime example) and some of them are excellent. The perception of depth can be easily overridden by the brain's natural tendency towards always perceiving faces as three-dimensional - after all, every natural face is 3D.

There was a really interesting video with a mask of some famous bloke (can't remember who) which looked very very right until it rotated around to the side.

It was albert einstein, it's on that link in the first post.

I love the whole Paper Model thing since I discovered it with my kids years ago.

There are some really good sites out there with freebies to download.

The Japanese are well into it. The best site I have ever found has to be the Yamaha site

BaDToaD posted on Feb 1 2007 at 12:16 PM said:
I love the whole Paper Model thing since I discovered it with my kids years ago.

There are some really good sites out there with freebies to download.

The Japanese are well into it. The best site I have ever found has to be the Yamaha site
WOW, amazing site that Japanese one is, I love the Golden Eagle on it.

BaDToaD posted on Feb 1 2007 at 04:16 AM said:
This is incredible! Thanks for the link. here's another that is pretty cool too. http://papercraftparadise.blogspot.com/
Seems like a perfect and cheap way to keep one's kids (or self) busy on those rainy saturday afternoons. :)

Back