Who's Still Interested In Pandora?

Who

• I am!

Votes: 191 100.0%

• Total voters

*Shrug*
Maybe it's not my vote then.
However, I DID modify my POST to change the vote, and it went through with no error messages on my end.

It's entirely possible that someone deleted their vote at about the same time and I thought it was all me. :-(

edit : Wait. I just tried it again on the Pokemon poll in the dev forum. It absolutely works. I set my choice to 4, even though there are only three options. The total number of votes incremented, but the vote totals stayed the same.

I can't even vote at all. I wasn't going to vote, but all this talk about messed up votes got me wanting to try and mess with the system. But even doing a proper vote yields the error "[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll."
Clearly something is very broken.

sorry, i wanted to vote but i get this:
[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

im using google chrome.

ive already placed my order :)
and i will tell my friends about this awesome piece of hardware so they will want to get one as well! :)

GizmoTheGreen said:
sorry, i wanted to vote but i get this:
[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

im using google chrome.

ive already placed my order :)
and i will tell my friends about this awesome piece of hardware so they will want to get one as well! :)
Google chrome shouldn't be the problem. I use the Chromium trunk build to test all my webapps, and have voted in polls multiple times on this forum with it without problem.

@VRAndy I'm definitely starting telnet now and trying some thigns out. Pity that I can't seem to find any polls that I haven't voted in yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
trooper said:
WizardStan said:
It's not ironic, it's conveniently coincidental!
*spanks Alanis Morissette*
Irony is a statement which is opposite to what has happened, or is expected to happen. If the screen on the Pandora said "in about two months™" or some other phrase which meant "soon™" then it would be ironic. Or if it said "Please Wait" and the Pandora was released on time, that would have been ironic.
*Spanks Alanis Morissette again*

FIXED.
Another fix. ;)

Also I can't vote either.

I'm a bit disappointed that there's faster OMAP chips out now. Who knows whether buying memory now would be either cheaper or allow more to have been put in for the same price (probable). However you can't prototype it and get developers working on it without all of this being assembled can you. Pandora seems very unique, way more attractive to me than a netbook, I'd rather support the developers project and an open source project.

Shame about x86 sometimes I feel though.

Dead1nside said:
I'm a bit disappointed that there's faster OMAP chips out now.
You must be disappointed a lot.

I think as a portable gaming device, the Panora is still pretty interesting. But as a portable web browser and media player, it's kind of lost some ground to newer competing products. It's likely that mobile versions of webkit running on current generation devices with multitouch zoom are going to be intuitive and functional as the version of Firefox that is likely to ship with Pandora. And strictly on the media side we have devices like Zii EGG which kind of blow the Pandora out of the water with 1080p output and decoding, and 720p encoding... all while in a much smaller form factor.

Still, the main reason I originally was interested in the Pandora was for games so, yes, I am interested. ;)

Dead1nside said:
I'm a bit disappointed that there's faster OMAP chips out now.

Except they aren't "out now". TI releases samples to allow device engineers to start working with them long before actual production quantities are available.

may88 said:
What am I waiting for again?

The first 105 'final' boards. 'Start of August' says the last blog post.
Next week or war. Again.

I still get the same error message.

How many votes are permitted / allowed in a voting poll. Maybe we hit a limit. 197 votes in the statistics. It might be at the cap.
I've ran forum BBs before and if I remember correctly, some allows a cap limit on number of votes in a poll.

Anyway, it isn't just me and I am on one end, happy it isn't.

Anyway, for what it is worth, I like to have one of these.

RickAstoria said:

How many votes are permitted / allowed in a voting poll. Maybe we hit a limit. 197 votes in the statistics. It might be at the cap.
I've ran forum BBs before and if I remember correctly, some allows a cap limit on number of votes in a poll.

What's even more likely is that there's a 200 vote cap. As you can see, the one option has just over 97% of all votes, suggesting some users, maybe 3, deleted their posts and by that confused the voting system. We've probably had 200 votes already.

The error has been happening, at least to me, for about 5 days now, at a time when we had fewer votes and 99% were in favour (with one deleted or changed vote somehow). I don't think it's a cap thing: other people have voted since the error first appeared.

midna25 said:
RickAstoria said:

What's even more likely is that there's a 200 vote cap. As you can see, the one option has just over 97% of all votes, suggesting some users, maybe 3, deleted their posts and by that confused the voting system. We've probably had 200 votes already.
It's clearly vote rigging from the no camp.

I couldn't vote, but if I did it would be for yes.

Since PANDORA is coming out this month, are we still interested?

I KNOW, I AM!!!

OpenPANDORA said:
Since PANDORA is coming out this month, are we still interested?

I KNOW, I AM!!!

lol, I'm not usually one to complain about thread-resurrection... But you brought back this nearly 4-month old thread to say that you wanted a Pandora? :)

Back