Who's Still Interested In Pandora?

Who

• I am!

Votes: 191 100.0%

• Total voters

Corecannon said:
Why does the poll not say 100%? :-||

Well, there has to be a margin of error. :p

Really though, it's likely because somebody deleted their vote, and the system didn't handle it well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, it's because it doesn't check your vote against the allowed poll options.
I tampered with my POST so I could vote for the SECOND item.

I don't believe in not having choices. B)

I am still really interested in the Pandora, and I just noticed something. Isn't it ironic that the preview picture shown says "Please Wait".

It's not ironic, it's conveniently coincidental!
*slaps Alanis Morissette*
Irony is a statement which is opposite to what has happened, or is expected to happen. If the screen on the Pandora said "one moment" or some other phrase which meant "soon" then it would be ironic. Or if it said "Please Wait" and the Pandora was released on time, that would have been ironic.
*slaps Alanis Morissette again*

WizardStan said:
It's not ironic, it's conveniently coincidental!
*spanks Alanis Morissette*
Irony is a statement which is opposite to what has happened, or is expected to happen. If the screen on the Pandora said "one moment" or some other phrase which meant "soon" then it would be ironic. Or if it said "Please Wait" and the Pandora was released on time, that would have been ironic.
*Spanks Alanis Morissette again*

FIXED.

I`m only guessing you have a thing for Alanis Morissette ?.

But looking like this, I think i`d have a thing for her too. ;)

Alanis-Morissette-1.jpg

Trooper

It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is to KILL ALANIS MORRISSETTE!

OK that isn't ironic either. But I like how during the song, she actually asks the audience to consider whether the unfortunate events she is describing are ironic. "And isn't it ironic? Don't you think?" the answer being a resounding "NO", but she continues to sing all about how it is ironic anyway, which is actually ironic.

Rain on your wedding day isn't ironic. It is unfortunate. And what if all your wedding thing is indoors? Huh? What then Alanis? The rain would hardly hamper the proceedings as much as you would have us believe. Not to mention paying for ANYTHING, would make the goods sold or services rendered, such as in this case a ride, totally not free. That's commerce. Which is also irony free. Most of the time anyway.

While Pandoras screen displaying "Please wait" in that image is funny, it isn't ironic. Pandoras screen displaying "In stores now" is ironic. Until it is actually in stores, at which point it would no longer be ironic, it would just be true :D

Rant sequence complete. :p

EDIT: God I'm bored.

Oops, thank you! I give you a hummingbird for my error:
zoo_3_bg_091303.jpg

Courtesy of PDPhoto.org

I'm mostly still interested, starting to fancy the idea of getting a refund and getting an Archos tablet though. Wish it was Sept/Oct (insert day/month my pandora arrives) already so I could just start enjoying it.

Xian Long said:
polyroy said:
Apparently, there is a whole 0.5% absent. Who found the hidden option? Forum bug? :)
that happens when someone deletes their vote.
Then what is keeping people from voting against by deleting their vote directly afterwards? Seems like the perfect way to do too; they were once interested, but changed their minds afterwards...

I'm still very much interested though.

Edit: nope;
(200 member(s) have cast votes)
Who
I am! (199 votes [99.50%])
The number of members seems to go down too; I guess that happens when someone deletes their account? Unlikely, seems like a bug to me.

polyroy said:
(201 member(s) have cast votes)WhoI am! (200 votes [99.50%])
Apparently, there is a whole 0.5% absent. Who found the hidden option? Forum bug? :)

VRAndy said:
Actually, it's because it doesn't check your vote against the allowed poll options.I tampered with my POST so I could vote for the SECOND item.I don't believe in not having choices. B)

RTFT

femngi said:
polyroy said:
(201 member(s) have cast votes)WhoI am! (200 votes [99.50%])

VRAndy said:
Actually, it's because it doesn't check your vote against the allowed poll options.I tampered with my POST so I could vote for the SECOND item.I don't believe in not having choices. B)

RTFT
Wow, this is SERIOUS. Blindly relying on POST is a deadly sin as a web programmer. I wonder if the server will crash if I submit 2147483648 (that value is not randomly made up, as you will know if you can program in C) as the vote option value? :p (no worries, I won't try)

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

---------------------------------------------------

Why in the world I get this ----.

RickAstoria said:
An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#10355] You must cast your vote in each question of the poll.

---------------------------------------------------

Why in the world I get this ----.
So modifying POST does not work then? Good to know. So much for trusting people blindly ;)

Back