• Other(nothing impossible)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMars

Website
Visit site
I want to port an emulator after I have had experience programming in the summer. I put down only a few but feel free to suggest a system. :)

Thanks in advance, :) I have hard times deciding on things <_<

You'd be lucky to understand how an emulator is coded by the summer even if u started learning now.

Emulation's not a simple task. I think your typing fingers are writing a cheque your ass can't cash. It'll probably take you more than a summer to get to a level where you can even port an emulator if you've never programmed before, unless you don't go outside or do anything else. If you're really set on it, you'll probably want to go with the NES if only because there are a lot of emulators out there for it with plenty of source available. It's better documented than most machines as well.

Of course, I say all this as someone who's never written an emulator. However, that's mostly because I understand the level of skill required. It's not like you'll wake up one morning and be like "It's a beautiful day out today. I'm going to code an emu and then go for brunch." Not unless you want to put out a buggy and incomplete emu, that is.

You are embarassing, you should port the easiest emulator that you can find. Learn some SDL as well as C, that will make it easier.

Have you seen his previous posts? I agree with Craigix, find the simplest emulator you can (one that uses SDL would be great) and have a shot at porting that after you learnt how to program.

HAHAHA...give the guy a chance :). Who knows, maybe he's a wizzkid gp32_console
But on the other hand: Talk is cheap :p

Jesus christ, what does it matter if this guy never makes anything that works at all ? everyone pisses and moans about getting involved, then as soon as someone does, everyone's ready to flame them for being a noob. <_<

Jesus christ, what does it matter if this guy never makes anything that works at all ? everyone pisses and moans about getting involved, then as soon as someone does, everyone's ready to flame them for being a noob. <_<
It is funnier this way. Now stand aside as I flame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Previous history wasn't promising. Hopefully he will even if it only runs at 1fps, its all part of learning really...

Last edited by a moderator:
be the first to port game.com! even on the computer there is nothing for it. even know most people dont like the system you still would be the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back