What Should I Do?

LittleTodds

Still Fresh
Hi,

My birthday is in nearly 3 weeks time, and I was thinking about buying an F200. Then I heard about the Pandora coming in a few months.

I'm mainly going to use the handheld I get for playing Genesis/Snes/GBA/PSX games. I've seen videos on YouTube of the F200 playing Playstation games on an emulator, and they are very slow(pretty much unplayable), but I have heard that the Pandora should play them at full speed. Are there any good games for a Playstation emulator that can be played on the F200 at a playable speed(at least 25fps)? I've always wanted to play Gran Turismo, FFVII, Tekken and Crash Bandicoot on a handheld.

Should I wait a few months, and pay $150 more for the Pandora if I am only going to play Playstation games on it? Also, will the Pandora be sold in Australia?

Thanks in advance. :)

ive played final fantasy 7 on the f200 clocked at 266 and it seems quite fast without sound but then the sound is messed up anyway on the latest build....only problem ive had is it tends to freeze may be my dumps of the games as alot of people on here dont seem to have any issues

astro said:
If your after PSX then wait for the Pandora as this will have full speed Ps1 and GBA.
When someone gets round to writing them. Even though the Pandora is only a few months away (even this isn't confirmed), the emulators you want may be a few more months away.

If you want a handheld just to emulate the consoles you have mentioned, then I suggest looking at getting a PSP which plays PSX pretty near perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
yaustar said:
When someone gets round to writing them. Even though the Pandora is only a few months away (even this isn't confirmed), the emulators you want may be a few more months away.

If you want a handheld just to emulate the consoles you have mentioned, then I suggest looking at getting a PSP which plays PSX pretty near perfectly.
Seconded.

Trooper

agreed with the other posters. ffvii is roughly playable with my gp2x clocked at 260+ but there are problems with the sound and the odd bit of freezing. it's still awesome work that it can emulate the psx hardware to even that extent. though it's 16bit hardware emulation is spot on pretty much across the board. if you just want psx you're going to have to wait a few months for pandora and then possibly a few more months for a stable release of the emu. if it's just that hardware your trying to recreate a psp is probably your best shot.

Yes it does, it kinda stretches on that screen but the PSP Slim has a better screen so there shouldn't be as much ghosting as the original one.

You will definitely need a pandora battery (ironic) and a magic memory card to downgrade it or use custom firmware, which isn't so hard to make both using a spare psp battery.

GBA games play well on it too. So go for that until we get towards that step on emulating consoles for the Pandora. Save some additional money though, I think you will love the Pandora ;).

jbrodack said:
psx emulation on gp2x is still far off but gba emulation is quite good except for a couple games that either don't load or run slow, but the majority of games run pretty much perfect clocked at 240.

GBA is far from perfect though. I find the sound very scratchy. And yes i have the best bios available. <_<

LittleTodds said:
How well does Super Mario Kart, and other games that use Mode 7 graphics emulate on the PSP/GP2X?
On GP2X: playable, but far from fullspeed. Same thing for F-Zero.

Back