Sw33t System, But What Do I Do Now?

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
ok so I finally got notice my gp2x was in the local post office. So i took my bike out in 25 degree weather, and got that baby :D

its really awesome, but if any of you remember, I was quite retarded when I got my gp32. I need help with this now....

I have a 2gb sd, which I know is a problem, so i tried to put stuf on my NAND memory....cept my USP wont detect the system. I know people have had dodgy usb connections, but what am I supposed to do now?

I have some other questions, but let's start with that. Any help's appreciated greatly. feel free to direct me to the right thread if I missed my answer somewhere. there are a lot of thread on this new system, so its a bit confusing :(

- DCGM

if you don't mind spending a little more money, maybe you could invest in a small SD card to use until 2GB is supported.

I found it would not detect (using Win XP) without an sd inserted , and it had to be formatted to FAT32. I think I saw somewhere that the fact it does not show the NAND is an issue being addressed.

Do you have a card reader?

If you have a card reader, put the SD card in the card reader. Then (assuming you're using windows) open up "my computer". Locate the drive containing the SD card, right click on it and select "format". Switch the filesystem to FAT32, set anything else you want, and then click "start".

thanks deadlychicken :)

OK, so its formatted under fat32, but the 2x wont go past the greenish-yellow loading screen with it inserted. Im guessing thats the sign that it's not being detected. damn :(

So is there anything I can do about the usb connection?

thanks to everyone who's helped so far...

Its boots up without any card at all so it seems odd if it is the card - I have had one instance where it stuck on the loading screen (no clue why) - but it has started fine every other time.

Its boots up without any card at all so it seems odd if it is the card - I have had one instance where it stuck on the loading screen (no clue why) - but it has started fine every other time.
yea it boots up fine without the card inserted, but with the sd in it wont go past the green loading screen. This is weird

Last edited by a moderator:
yea it boots up fine without the card inserted, but with the sd in it wont go past the green loading screen. This is weird
you might want to e-mail craig (or whoever you got your gp2x from) and tell them about this. This might be more than just a simple fix....

Either that or we're missing something.....

Can you partition an SD ? If you could make it look like a 1G card by creating a 1G primary partition.....

Wasn't there a frimware issue that needed to be resolved re: starting the unit with the SD card inserted? I.e. it had a tendency to hang - the solution being insert the card after it's started to load?

um I have a really important question; is there supposed to be a sound coming from the system when switched on? Im not getting any noise which is leading me to believe my speakers are broken. shit I really hope not :(

which is a shame, that "welcome" from Incredimail on startup would be sweet,

did you know the "welcome" from incredimail is actually geri halliwell from a bside called brave new world? where at the begining of the song she says.. "welcome" the exact one.. dont know how incredimail get away with it.. maybe geri doesnt know yet?!?

Dude I was in exactly the same situation as you. Had my 2GB card all ready with movies and quake on it, and to my disappointment it wouldn't be recognised by the GP2x. I tried and tried to access the NAND, but found out its not possible, and good luck partitioning the card cause I fiddled around in Linux for ages trying and nothing would correctly detect the size of the card (ie fdisk, sdisk...)

Think about it, the only way you'll be able to get new firmware on is a smaller temporary card... that is REALLY crap, but I've learned to accept it. The 64 meg card I borrowed from my friend kept crashing the GP2x so I had to buy my own off ebay. 256 meg for £11, go for it! There's no other way :(

I have a 2gb sd, which I know is a problem, so i tried to put stuf on my NAND memory....cept my USP wont detect the system. I know people have had dodgy usb connections, but what am I supposed to do now?

I have some other questions, but let's start with that. Any help's appreciated greatly. feel free to direct me to the right thread if I missed my answer somewhere. there are a lot of thread on this new system, so its a bit confusing :(

- DCGM

Back