Some Emu Setup Questions

blakespot

Still Fresh
I am having some problem getting a few emulators running:

GP2X MESS:
- Interested in the apple 2 emulator. I have an Apple IIe BIOS ROM in the BIOS dir called apple2e.zip as per the instructions - this system ROM runs emulators on my Mac and PC fine - but when I run 'apple2e' under the mess dir, the app exits to main system menu... ?

GNGEO2X (NeoGeo):
I have edited the conf file to point to the ROM fine, yet when it launches I just get a file dialog that shows me the local dirs with no listed files. Period. ?

OutcaST:
I have a ROM file that works on other ST emus for Mac/PC in /roms/atari-st (as tos.rom) and when I go to load a disk and run it from within the emu - i just get a black screen. I can go to emu menu and exit etc - no boot.
??

Thanks!

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 22 2006 at 08:55 AM said:
GNGEO2X (NeoGeo):
I have edited the conf file to point to the ROM fine, yet when it launches I just get a file dialog that shows me the local dirs with no listed files. Period. ?

I don't think I could get the default launcher to work, so I used the Rage2X frontend.

Last edited by a moderator:
blakespot posted on Jul 22 2006 at 08:55 AM said:
GNGEO2X (NeoGeo):

All I did was make a file on my SD card marked "NeoGeo" and unzipped GnGeo2x into this file. I then went into this file and found four files including the GnGeo2x.exe. I placed my bios into the file marked "roms." I placed my roms also into this file marked "roms."
When starting my gp2x, I go to the file marked "NeoGeo" open it up, find the gngeo2x.exe and start by using the "B" button.
I now have on screen to my left a column like below,
<..>
<save>
<skin>
<roms>
<conf>
The top of the screen says "Selector GnGeo2x"
Using the directional Button, I highlite "roms" and hit my "B" button. I now have the list of roms that I placed into the "roms" file. (Making sure first that I use the "Y" button to turn on my sound, with the words appearing at the bottom of my screen) I now use the directional button to highlite the rom that I want to play and use the "B" button to start. If everything is good, I should now be playing my game. :)
When I decided to use the Rage2X front end. I unzipped it also into this file marked "NeoGeo."

Thanks - will take a look at my config for the NeoGeo emulator.

Sadly, it's the Atari ST emulator that I most wish would work... :-(

blakespot

blakespot posted on Jul 22 2006 at 03:55 PM said:
OutcaST:
I have a ROM file that works on other ST emus for Mac/PC in /roms/atari-st (as tos.rom) and when I go to load a disk and run it from within the emu - i just get a black screen. I can go to emu menu and exit etc - no boot.

I had this problem too. I suspect it was due to broken disk images. The disk images from LGD (http://www.atari.st) works best for me.

The rage front end is the way to go, just follow the readme with this program, also download the antidark previews for a nice little extra.

The ST, sounds like uts the wrong TOS, I got that with 1.6XX, I ended up using v1 with success. I found if it was the wrong game it just went to the GEM desktop.

E

What does your roms dir for the NeoGeo emu look like? I've got like 15 files in there as part of what I think are the right roms...

Tnx.

And for the ST emu:
The author suggested 1.02 TOS. I just got another copy - trying it. (Was using 1.02 before tho.)

blakespot

Back