Where to buy plants vs zombies apk?

rohezal

Advanced Member
I tried to buy the apk for plants vs zombies 1.2 android version for apkenv. But how can I get it? The download from the official site links redirects to amazon where you have to install the amazon appstore.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052UZIFA

Can I just install the appstore and use the apk? Or do I have to get the humble bundle version? Did someone used an other version then the humble bundle version?

Is it legal if I would buy the app at amazon, make a screenshot and someone in this board would send me the humble bundle version? It is the same app, just a different version.

I was going to write something here when I suddenly remember that we do not link to or hint about piracy sites here. So I didn't.

no haters please.

Last edited:
it is 99 cents on amazon, i would love to see it on our repo. would get lots of sales if it would go super hexagon style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about from Amazon, but there are apps that will let you save the APK from google play store installs. Install Android on the Pandora, get the Play Store setup, buy the game and follow these instructions to save the APK. It should work in apkenv then, I think, maybe. No promises.

I highly doubt that popcap has any interest in the legal paperwork that would be required allowing such a small third party distributor as EvilDragon and the OPT, but it's difficult to say unless someone formally asks them.

Don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I throw it in anyways:

Amazon sells Android apps with built in DRM, so If you buy it from Amazon you will need the appstore, even after you have bought it.

Well, IANAL but really, if you buy a version and then download some older version elsewhere i think it's still ok. Sure, it's not 100% secure, but still a way to go which is better than just pirating it.

I also dont think it's worth contacting them, they'll just smile and say no. If we can't offer million sales, we're just not worth the effort. Really, Super Hexagon full was downloaded(sold?) 59 times. And they've just reached 25 million downloads of PvsZ 2 ...

yes i think 100$ wont be enough to get their permisson. tried to buy it via amazon. i would need to get an android device to download their appstore to install it. even if just want to pay it, not to download it.

I also dont think it's worth contacting them, they'll just smile and say no. If we can't offer million sales, we're just not worth the effort. Really, Super Hexagon full was downloaded(sold?) 59 times. And they've just reached 25 million downloads of PvsZ 2 ...
They may very well say no... but if pitched correctly they may say yes. Pointing out that there is NO effort needed from their side simply a paypal account to receive any profits from sales...

And that the game is already working and it's simply required their permission.

Also pointing out that them denying permission is equal to lost sales, however few that may be. And that people will probably look in dubious places if no legal/straightforward alternative is provided.

So they'll probably say no - but if someone has time to fire off an email to the correct person - there's nothing to lose. *shrugs*

Well, IANAL but really, if you buy a version and then download some older version elsewhere i think it's still ok.
It is not legal in North America (Canada and USA). Format shifting is only allowed if you're actually doing the shifting yourself. If you download a version from an unofficial source, even if it is bitwise identical to the version you own, that is copyright infringement and illegal. If you make a copy of your owned data for use in a different system that is format shifting and is legal (even if Nintendo tries to tell you it isn't).I can't speak for the rest of the world.

Pointing out that there is NO effort needed from their side
They need to pay lawyers to make sure all the paperwork is properly filed. That probably isn't going to be covered by the number of sales. They might license it for an upfront cost of several hundred dollars plus some percentage (which may be 100) of sales though, but who would take such an obvious loss?
i would need to get an android device to download their appstore to install it.
The Pandora is an Android device. Don't install the Amazon appstore, install the Google Play Store (follow instructions to install the market and it will automatically update itself).

The Pandora is an Android device. Don't install the Amazon appstore, install the Google Play Store (follow instructions to install the market and it will automatically update itself).
I don't want to install android on my pandora. I just want to pay 99 cents, download the apk and play it in angstrom. Looks like it will not work. I asked on their website for a way to just send them money without a download. Probably I won't get an answer.

I don't want to install android on my pandora. I just want to pay 99 cents, download the apk and play it in angstrom. Looks like it will not work. I asked on their website for a way to just send them money without a download. Probably I won't get an answer.
This is the problem with Android and iOS devices: they're primary installer takes care of so much stuff there's not really any room for a user to intervene in the process. This is both curse and blessing.Unless Popcap agrees to sublicense without huge cost, your best bet will always be to install Android, pay the 99 cents, extract the APK, and then close Android to run it natively. A hassle but I can't see any other way of doing it legally.

I decided I will wait for the email with the paypal informations (or hoping that Popcap will publish payment informations on their homepage). And of course I won't just throw 1€ into the hat of homeless human and download the apk and play the game.

In short: you can't just buy the apk, you have to install it via android and somehow extract it. The only other way to get it is piracy. They won't even let you pay it without installing their Amazon Android Store. Even if you would have pirated it, and want just to pay for it, you are not allowed to pay for it, without installing the app store on an android device and download it from them. They just won't take the money...

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

In short: you can't just buy the apk, you have to install it via android and somehow extract it. The only other way to get it is piracy.
Or wait for it to appear in another Humble Bundle... Introversion keep popping up, so you might get lucky

I found a homeless guy who looked like he could need 1€. And he took it and he did not force me to install his appstore on an android device. Problem solved^^.

Back