When Is The Real Release Date...

Status
Not open for further replies.
B-ZaR said:
RedBaron, were any of your projects cutting-edge mobile technology with a couple of people around the world without corporate funding/status and during an economical collapse?
Yes and no, I have designed communication equipment and there was only three of us one being the finance and acquisition manager, I would say it was cutting edge stuff, the Sweden the Germans could not get it to work after spending about $10 million dollars but we did and the 1" thick report from Germany had on the last page wounderbah I think that how it is spell (harsh environment computerized control equipment) it is still working today

Last edited by a moderator:
whoah this thread is party good.
Red Baron: moar lulzy troll comebacks
Mr blais: more grammar/spelling pick apart comebacks
Aesir: more post whoring with a net content substance of 0.
Everybody: More watching on with smug faces of condescension as you reach into your indubitably vast banks of self control, and refrain from entering this war-zone.
craigix: get the popcorn.

El Jefe said:
Vorporeal: more grammar/spelling pick apart comebacks
Everybody: More watching on with smug faces of condescension as you reach into your indubitably vast banks of self control, and refrain from entering this war-zone.

My self-control bank wasn't that vast ;)

RedBaron said:
Yes and no, I have designed communication equipment and there was only three of us one being the finance and acquisition manager, I would say it was cutting edge stuff, the Sweden the Germans could not get it to work after spending about $10 million dollars but we did and the 1" thick report from Germany had on the last page wounderbah I think that how it is spell (harsh environment computerized control equipment) it is still working today
So you installed a PLC in an IP68 enclosure?

El Jefe said:

what the heck is net content substance???

Net Content Substance 101:
1. Assign numerical value to the amount of meaningful stuff in each post.
2. Add up all the numbers. (protip: this should be fairly easy, 0*120 = 0)
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

RedBaron said:
*sigh* When talking about Europe, please do use terms people outside the United States can make sense of.

1" is equivalent to 2.5 centimeters.
$10 million is equivalent to 612.45 EUR.
The last word of the German report on your solution is correctly spelled "sonderbar".

El Jefe said:
Net Content Substance 101:
1. Assign numerical value to the amount of meaningful stuff in each post.
2. Add up all the numbers. (protip: this should be fairly easy, 0*120 = 0)
3. ?????
4. PROFIT!

oh i get it... eh, ive got about 6 or 7 meaningful ones... (most of it is questions and joking around)

aesir911 said:
El Jefe said:

what the heck is net content substance???

This may be a good quote sig for you El Jefe.. :)

Gruso said:
RedBaron said:
Ha-Ha NO we did not install any thing and it was not a PLC, they would not spend $10 mil on a PLC,
The space shuttle has controllers but they not PLC, it about the same level of complexity

j6cubic said:
RedBaron said:
*sigh* When talking about Europe, please do use terms people outside the United States can make sense of.

1" is equivalent to 2.5 centimeters.
$10 million is equivalent to 612.45 EUR.
The last word of the German report on your solution is correctly spelled "sonderbar".
check ur exchange rates dawg.

El Jefe said:
What, the dollar has fallen again? ;)

Also, I'm transplanting my last post's edit to here; I underestimated the speed at which this thread progresses.

(@RedBaron)
On a more serious note, if you have worked on electronics projects before, can you give me a back-of-the-hand estimate on what a custom ASIC with, say, 1M gates would cost me (and how many I'd need to order before they even consider making it)? Not that I actually want to produce anything but I did ponder a hardware-based implementation of hierarchical task networks once.

OTOH, for a domain as adaptive planning and reasoning, would you recommend that my hypothetical system would go with ASICs for speed or should I stick to FPGAs that can be programmed for each problem?

I'm sure your feedback will be enlightening.

j6cubic said:
El Jefe said:

Also, I'm transplanting my last post's edit to here; I underestimated the speed at which this thread progresses.

(@RedBaron)
On a more serious note, if you have worked on electronics projects before, can you give me a back-of-the-hand estimate on what a custom ASIC with, say, 1M gates would cost me (and how many I'd need to order before they even consider making it)? Not that I actually want to produce anything but I did ponder a hardware-based implementation of hierarchical task networks once.

OTOH, for a domain as adaptive planning and reasoning, would you recommend that my hypothetical system would go with ASICs for speed or should I stick to FPGAs that can be programmed for each problem?

LOL!

j6cubic just pwned this thread...

j6cubic said:
El Jefe said:

(@RedBaron)

Rule of thumb, if you can make do with of the shelf components that's the way to go but if you want an LSI to be made there are two ways you can do it
1 you do the design your self and they thay make it
2 you tell them what you want and they make it
Cost for small run is about same as 1000 - 5000 units
for a quote contact Philips they did small runs but I don't now, I have been disabled for 5years now flat on my back 24-7, I wish I could work or be dead

Wow!!! Wondered how this thread jumped up so many pages over night (here in UK)
It's already been mentioned that it never took long to get it up and running, but there's much more to it than that.
It has been amusing though.
Guess feeding the troll isn't always a bad thing as long as you keep them in a cage.

RedBaron said:
Actually you are wrong because I use to be a electronics design engineer and this project should have taken less than 4 months from conception to on the shelf, I have dun more complicated projects in 6 weeks
So why the delay
The font bigger because I am sick of wating
Actually, you are wrong, because I know how to search the internet.
Nintendo announced the DS November 13 of 2003. It was finally released November 21 of 2004. The DS, despite its two screens, is not a complicated device, certainly less complicated than the Pandora. We don't have exact dates, but the DSi was first conceived in early 2006. More complex than the original DS and DS lite (but still less complex than the Pandora, I would argue), it took about 2 years before it was finally released.
The PSP was announced at E3 2003, and finally released a year and some later in December of 2004, but who knows how long they were working on it before it was announced.
Now, if Nintendo and Sony can't do it in under a year, what hope could you or anyone without a dedicated R&D shop have of doing it in that time, or 4 months, or 6 weeks?

RedBaron said:
Gruso said:
RedBaron said:
Ha-Ha NO we did not install any thing and it was not a PLC, they would not spend $10 mil on a PLC,
The space shuttle has controllers but they not PLC, it about the same level of complexity
So your argument is that you designed something as cutting-edge as something designed over 30 years ago?

Edit: Not to mention, you compare your product to something that has a what, 20% chance of fatal explosion/disintegration per use (these days). You're not making your argument well.

RedBaron said:
B-ZaR said:
RedBaron, were any of your projects cutting-edge mobile technology with a couple of people around the world without corporate funding/status and during an economical collapse?

CansAndString2.jpg

???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back