When Do We See A Finished Pandora?

spikeyxx said:
personally I'd enjoy just seeing a dev photo of a prototype, not really fussed with it works or not, or is even complete, just wouldn't mind seeing the work in progress
AFAIK they shipped the prototype case last week so maybe it already arrived last week or it will arrive in the next days. Afterwards they'll probably just assemble it.

Last edited by a moderator:
MONVMENTVM said:
Bosbeetle said:
I beleive I can fly, I beleive I can touch the sky.

etc.
edit: well I actually I beleived I could eat clouds with a spoon, my television set breathed and headphone wires could move like snakes. That was a good portion of mushrooms :)

And this, my dear friends, is how drugs can destroy the lifes of stupid little kids with to big allowences...

Sry for OT.

Oh and btw. that's no personal offence, but that just had to be said.

Just as a sidenote I almost finished my phd never had too much allowance (happen to live in the netherlands where shrooms cost €10 a portion) and am doing fine. And never would have wanted to miss that experience.

OT I think that the dev have been busy and showing have been showing it. If we would just stop bitching for a bit and let them do their work, i think the pandora isnt going to be there any sooner if we all act like a couple of whining children. Therefor I act offtopic a lot its just to releive some of the whining (I dont think it works for others but it does for me)

MONVMENTVM said:
And this, my dear friends, is how drugs can destroy the lifes of stupid little kids with to big allowences...

Sry for OT.

Learn to spell. (Sorry, it just had to be said.)

Nova said:
Think of it like this:

If you and some friends set out to construct and sell the ultimate handheld gaming console. Could YOU have done as well as Craig and the team thus far?

I didn't think so.
Hey why be so negative? You're supposed to tell kids they can achieve anything they put their mind to!

MWeston said:
I just have the new lid section so far. I'm evaluating the hinge and LCD cable transfer to the base with this piece. Also, you can see the antenna and speaker placement. I will update with more when I can but I'm a little swamped with work these days. :)

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...new_FDM_lid.jpg

slacker! back to the basement, chop chop chop! if i see you one more time wasting time on these good-for-nothing boards there will be consequences!..

..ah, it's all good - that logo on the lid just melted my heart ; )

yup, all good.

from the pic it looks like another 2 months 'til the finished prototype, then another 3 months 'til they are ready!

yay!

I don't know why, but I really like the FDM case, and the one they did before. Part of me wants a completed one of those not the real one... [this can't be right - must be beer deprivation, I can't see or think straight]

Anyways, thanks for the post Michael. :)

MWeston said:
I just have the new lid section so far. I'm evaluating the hinge and LCD cable transfer to the base with this piece. Also, you can see the antenna and speaker placement. I will update with more when I can but I'm a little swamped with work these days. :)

http://s198.photobucket.com/albums/aa99/MW...new_FDM_lid.jpg

Antenna? Where? ^_^ This little piece-of-nothing top left? Is the antenna only a small wire or a big complex and long thing over the whole Lid internal Surface? I'm just asking because I had made bad experiences with the Fritz!Wlan USB Stick. Small thingy with a very short range, you nearly have to be in good visible range to the router to have a good Wlan Connection.

Oh, will we see some pics how you guide the LCD cable from the Case through the Hinge to the Lid? :)

EDIT: Are the Pandora Speakers better than the GP2X ones?

Yigguth said:
MONVMENTVM said:

Sry for OT.

Learn to spell. (Sorry, it just had to be said.)

:huh: that was a crappy answer to a crappy post.

Hmm... but what's wrong about "offence" - apart from the fact that you can also write "offense"? I'm no native speaker btw., that's why I still have troubles with the tenses... but "had" just sounds if it would fit there :rolleyes:.

Umm... again OT :unsure:

Hmm... but what's wrong about "offence"

Nothing, that's English.

apart from the fact that you can also write "offense"?

That's American-English.

MWeston said:
I'm a little swamped with work these days.
Great to see it's coming together. Not long 'til we see the beast unleashed.

MDave said:
It's going to need SOME form of identity :blink: no logo or text to tell what it is or who even made it comes across as pretty erm, shoddy :p

Haha, corporate branding has become such a part of our society that people complain when it isn't there. :rolleyes:

MWeston said:
Yay! Woo. Thanks!
TaG said:
I don't know why, but I really like the FDM case, and the one they did before. Part of me wants a completed one of those not the real one..
The texture is cool, but you wouldn't want that texture on the parts of the device that are supposed to slide against one another.

kukacster said:
MWeston said:
I just have the new lid section so far. I'm evaluating the hinge and LCD cable transfer to the base ...
I hope this one won't suffer from the general psion cable problem as explained here: http://www.psionflexi.co.uk/the_problem.htm

The pandora won't suffer the same design faulty of the Psions, as production and design ethics have come along way since the early 1990s - the heyday of the Psions (speaking as an ex series 5 and 7 owner)

The Psion ribbon cable issue has been well documented across the web.

If shit does happen, no doubt they will offer to replace all the dodgy Pandoras as soon as possible within the warranty period

So chill, relax and await the Pandora, by the way I think only the first picture in MWestons post is up to date the others were all older ones.

PostScript said:
It seems to me there are some serious communication issues going on here. I really want to believe in this project but before I send another dime I want to see at least a prototype of what I will eventually be getting. I feel like they are afraid to post "bad" news (e.g. we are a little behind schedule), due to fear that people will bail. Frankly, not posting anything is what is most likely going to push me to jumping ship. I would rather know what is happening (good, bad and in between) and at least be aware, than to know nothing at all. Lack of official information is just breeding rumor and discontent, come on guys just give us weekly updates on the blog (yes the blog! I know that is reserved for only momentous occasions like batteries arriving but lets put it to weekly use), even if they are -- "no progress this week had a family crisis and some parts were delayed" -- just give us something!

I whole heartedly agree, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Back