When Do We See A Finished Pandora?

MaxSteiner

Well, from my understanding, the prototype completed Pandora was originally held up because of LCD's, then because of the number pad, now because of the battery.
Since all of these seem to have arrived....

Are we going to see a video of a completed Pandora, running software etc in within the next month?
Two months?
Sometime this year?

I know I seem to go on about this alot.
But its one of the larger commitments which has been dropped, and I think it would help everyone if we could just remind ourselves how far this project has come, and that the end is in sight.

Roadmap on startpage: openpandora.org

"So, here is a mini-roadmap:
* Case Design: January 15th
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later

2009 will surely be the year of the Pandora."

Hopefully some time next year if we're lucky.

It all depends on whether the banking mess is sorted out - then people will feel a bit more confident that the Pandora is actually coming.

mcobit said:
Roadmap on startpage: openpandora.org

"So, here is a mini-roadmap:
* Case Design: January 15th
* Case Prototyping: approx. 1-2 weeks later
* Final production and delivery: approx. 2 - 4 weeks later

2009 will surely be the year of the Pandora."
See, I'm sure the roadmap had some different dates attached this time last month :D
Looking forward to the flood of videos which must be right around the corner though, did we ever get a list of Devs who recieved their Mk2?

Last edited by a moderator:
mazza558 said:

It all depends on whether the banking mess is sorted out - then people will feel a bit more confident that the Pandora is actually coming.
Some time next year! Are you on acid?

joa said:
mazza558 said:

Some time next year! Are you on acid?

you think it sounds ridiculous now... just wait.
considering the situation, i think we'll be lucky to ever get them at all. craigix last 3 posts have been about changing his avatar or other stupid shit which bears no relevance to the project at all. it sounds like he's giving up.... they need money to finish the project, they cant get money because people arent willing to make bank transfers... without any proper update from craigix for a couple of weeks now i really think this project is dying. yesterday i said i'd give it 1 more week before i bail out and im sticking to it... i dont want to be left with no pandora and no £200.

Give the Devs a chance at least of meeting the target shipping date of Feb 2009

If you can prove what CraigX, ED, and the others have shown in the previous posts then that's a different matter.

I believe in the work that Craig and ED are doing - both have run their own on-line businesses successfully I might add.

I dont think there has been any suggestion of things being that bad, prove for BOTH otherwise please stay patiently quiet

RajTakhar said:
Give the Devs a chance at least of meeting the target shipping date of Feb 2009

If you can prove what CraigX, ED, and the others have shown in the previous posts then that's a different matter.

I believe in the work that Craig and ED are doing - both have run their own on-line businesses successfully I might add.

I dont think there has been any suggestion of things being that bad, prove for BOTH otherwise please stay patiently quiet
I believe we'll see a completed prototype very very soon.

I beleive I can fly, I beleive I can touch the sky.

etc.

edit: well I actually I beleived I could eat clouds with a spoon, my television set breathed and headphone wires could move like snakes. That was a good portion of mushrooms :)

I don't think i'll be able to handle seeing a real prototype. I've gotten so used to never seeing one now.

I really dont understand how you guys can think like that, these guys are not corporate fat-cats.

They have explicity said that it's coming, and it's coming soon. And they hit the 15th deadline. They've said they'll effectively give away a load of free pandoras to those who paid by amex and whose money is in limbo.

Just be cool.

But mazza was trying to say that if luck is on our side it'll be another 11 months.

madness :lol:

joa said:
I really dont understand how you guys can think like that, these guys are not corporate fat-cats.

They have explicity said that it's coming, and it's coming soon. And they hit the 15th deadline. They've said they'll effectively give away a load of free pandoras to those who paid by amex and whose money is in limbo.

Just be cool.

I'm cool I am patiently waiting, I just like checking the forums and see everybody go bezerk.

I can imagine that it would be very annoying to craigix en the other to see every question, message, probability taken out of context and into the extremes.

You the reason there taking a while is because they got in the mk3 board so there going start shipping all of them with that board.

It seems to me there are some serious communication issues going on here. I really want to believe in this project but before I send another dime I want to see at least a prototype of what I will eventually be getting. I feel like they are afraid to post "bad" news (e.g. we are a little behind schedule), due to fear that people will bail. Frankly, not posting anything is what is most likely going to push me to jumping ship. I would rather know what is happening (good, bad and in between) and at least be aware, than to know nothing at all. Lack of official information is just breeding rumor and discontent, come on guys just give us weekly updates on the blog (yes the blog! I know that is reserved for only momentous occasions like batteries arriving but lets put it to weekly use), even if they are -- "no progress this week had a family crisis and some parts were delayed" -- just give us something!

But mazza was trying to say that if luck is on our side it'll be another 11 months.

madness :lol:

Of course I was exaggerating, but considering the original release date, people would have been seen as mad back in early '08 to say the Pandora wouldn't come out until mid 2009. However, if you think about how much still remains to do, you should expect to see no Pandora until mid to late 2009.

Bosbeetle said:
I beleive I can fly, I beleive I can touch the sky.

etc.
edit: well I actually I beleived I could eat clouds with a spoon, my television set breathed and headphone wires could move like snakes. That was a good portion of mushrooms :)

And this, my dear friends, is how drugs can destroy the lifes of stupid little kids with to big allowences...

Sry for OT.

Oh and btw. that's no personal offence, but that just had to be said.

Think of it like this:

If you and some friends set out to construct and sell the ultimate handheld gaming console. Could YOU have done as well as Craig and the team thus far?

I didn't think so.

STOP BEEING PESSIMISTIC
or else they feel it's ok to delay it even further

They are doing the best they can, be sure the final product will be complete in a matter of days, and the shipping will start as soon as the bank problems are solved (producing the actual units shouldn't take much, as the network has already been prepared by craig) :)

personally I'd enjoy just seeing a dev photo of a prototype, not really fussed whether it works or not, or is even complete, just wouldn't mind seeing the work in progress

I read somewhere that the MDF final case was on its way to ED, and that the CNC version would follow that.

Back