What's Up With All The Slashdot Hate?

Sarcasm is always easily detected thru text... Much easier, in fact, than it is detected thru actual verbal communication, as well all know... If that was supposed to be sarcastic, then why only that part? it seemed to me like he was trying to make some kind of a point... So if he's bitching about people being pirates, why the hell didn't he say that? That's the only thing that would make sense... what's wrong with wanting games for free anyway? I like free stuff, and I'm sure you do too. I don't care if I get a PS2 emulator or not, but if one came out I wouldn't be like "OMFG, LOOK AT THOSE ASSHOLES! HOW DARE THEY MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY A GAME WITHOUT OWNING THE SYSTEM!" Besides, that doesn't change the fact that calling them "halo boys" for wanting emulators of those systems is fuckin retarded.

If you think it's stupid of them for asking for emulators that can't be made due to limitations of the device they want the emulators for, well then it's more a matter of not knowing any better than being stupid, unless they actually know enough about the device to know that it's not possible and ask anyway... THEN it would be stupidity.

Some of these n00bs are actually better than some long time posters, or at least...errr...medium-time posters(?) :p

And then some of these noobs suck. I hate it when any person noob or veteran overreacts and starts swearing and insulting. It would be like if someone went crazy in the library. Sometimes I like my sparetime to be relatively peaceful... when I'm not virtually killing things that is... :D

Magus 86 posted on Oct 22 2005 at 05:25 AM said:
Sarcasm is always easily detected thru text... Much easier, in fact, than it is detected thru actual verbal communication, as well all know... If that was supposed to be sarcastic, then why only that part? it seemed to me like he was trying to make some kind of a point... So if he's bitching about people being pirates, why the hell didn't he say that? That's the only thing that would make sense... what's wrong with wanting games for free anyway? I like free stuff, and I'm sure you do too. I don't care if I get a PS2 emulator or not, but if one came out I wouldn't be like "OMFG, LOOK AT THOSE ASSHOLES! HOW DARE THEY MAKE IT POSSIBLE TO PLAY A GAME WITHOUT OWNING THE SYSTEM!" Besides, that doesn't change the fact that calling them "halo boys" for wanting emulators of those systems is fuckin retarded.

If you think it's stupid of them for asking for emulators that can't be made due to limitations of the device they want the emulators for, well then it's more a matter of not knowing any better than being stupid, unless they actually know enough about the device to know that it's not possible and ask anyway... THEN it would be stupidity.
It was only a stupid little joke, don't think about it so much. It's giving me a headache. <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Im neither of those 3. Sorry. Im not a slashdotorg'er, not a vet (Got my GP32 only about 3-4 weeks ago), and definately not a halo boy (Started playing games when I was 2 on my Vic-20, and Atari Pinball Games [8 in 1]). So... what am I?

Well this topic certainly set the cat amongs the pigeons. :p

I'm mostly (a) - but not 'in from the beginning'. Instead a retro 8bit fan who stumbled last year across Craig's advert in the excellent 'Retro Gamer' mag. RIP.

Perhaps type 'S' for Speccie fan. :D Really got into Mame a while ago, so since the brilliant release by Franxis, for me the GP32 is brilliant as it is, although I'm sure will be ordering a gp2x as a chrimbo present for myself.

Anyway, back on topic. If you ask me - its a bit like if you have a favourite 'underground' band. You love them and want them to do 'well' to prove that your judgement was good. But when they do start becoming successful, you resent the 'new comers' for 'jumping on the bandwagon. Somehow the fact that they didn't spot the genius earlier means they are 'less good'.

I'd imagine Chelsea fans feel the same way...

Thought for the day - everybody was a noob one day... but reading a bit before jumping in with both feet will never hurt.

OrR posted on Oct 21 2005 at 11:42 PM said:
Magus 86 posted on Oct 22 2005 at 05:25 AM said:

It was only a stupid little joke, don't think about it so much. It's giving me a headache. <_<

Yes, stupid joke indeed...

Um... because it doesn't make sense. Last time I checked, Halo is only on X-box, so how does wanting a PS2 or PSP emulator make you a "halo-boy"? That's just fuckin retarded, whether it's a joke or not.

this as a stupid thread people base there opinions on the facts given before them. I saw very little in the slashspotters post that was offensive. At best misinformed. Often people make opinions based on that tiny bit of text available to them, and draw whatever conclusions they can.

Most I thought were positive. I hope more news gets posted on slashdot, and if the device can stand on its own two legs. The posts will get more positive.

OrR posted on Oct 22 2005 at 03:16 AM said:
Iorgy77 posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:57 AM said:
Type Z - Are like the enemy who have finally come over to the winning side ;)

I have no problem with type C people being a type A myself.

The type B people are a little annoying.

I think the forums will eventually sort them selves out when people get their hands on the hardware, everybody who pre-ordered is on edge at the moment, well I know I am.
Z is for Zodiac! :ph34r:
There are a lot of Zodiac people around who want to move on to the next homebrew/emulation/indie device now that our baby has died.
Since we've got some experience with a mobile emulation device I hope most of us are not behaving too stupid... :rolleyes:

Since this has turned into a flame thread..

I just hope Gogeta doesn't show up here. He is a fanboi and troll. I hope he stays with his zodiac...

DaveC posted on Oct 22 2005 at 05:46 PM said:
Since this has turned into a flame thread..

I just hope Gogeta doesn't show up here. He is a fanboi and troll. I hope he stays with his zodiac...

Pot calling the kettle black...

You don't have a PSP btw lol

Gandysampras posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
Calm down, there is no need to nitpick and act like a complete asshole. Just accept it was a joke, and lets leave it at that.

I'm not nitpicking or acting like an asshole. The guy who started this thread was being blatently retarded, and I'm calling him on it. That's it. any time I fuck up something, people get on my ass about it, so I'm just returning the favor.

Though Halo 2 remains Xbox only.

Nonetheless, Halo 1 has awesome multiplayer options that weren't in the Xbox version.

Magus 86 posted on Oct 22 2005 at 06:30 PM said:
Gandysampras posted on Oct 22 2005 at 01:43 PM said:
Calm down, there is no need to nitpick and act like a complete asshole. Just accept it was a joke, and lets leave it at that.

I'm not nitpicking or acting like an asshole. The guy who started this thread was being blatently retarded, and I'm calling him on it. That's it. any time I fuck up something, people get on my ass about it, so I'm just returning the favor.

retarded? for a little joke? no one else here was offended let a lone wrote so much about the not so accurate comment! why don't you "get on the ass" of those that flame you and leave little things like this alone.

and yes, the comment about the Type B guys wanting to emulate their by gone systems IS funny

Back