What's The First Film You Will Watch On The Pandora

Meet the Feebles

Edit: On second thought, if concert dvds count, I'll probably be carrying around Bela Fleck and the Flecktones: Live at the Quick, or The Talking Heads' Stop Making Sense at some point.

darien said:
Lord of The Rings Extended Trilogy all on one battery charge.
You'll go blind. (should save this quote for later in the thread when Wizard Stan posts).
Good choice.

Lunatic said:
Meet the Feebles
WTF - off to check this gem out on IMDB.

borgqueenx said:
Or 2012, or pitch black. I guess pitch black since i can only make a choice between movies i own, only one. But i watched pitch black for like 15 times now in 3 years.
I alone in my family this that this is a great film, but you should really get out more.

Last edited by a moderator:
may88 said:
You'll go blind. (should save this quote for later in the thread when Wizard Stan posts).
Good choice.

I've spent years developing immunity from eyestrain on small devices. With the pixel density, I'm hoping it won't be so bad. 11 hours is a huge bet to make, but I doubt I'll really be watching, more just listening to it as background noise.

First, it's not good to convert videos to 800x480. Leave them in their original resolution and aspect ratios.

Second, mine will be Tarkovsky's Stalker. Have to test color contrast (in the Zone), the subtitles options, noise on headphones (the subtlest sounds), comfort with long periods of usage both on hands and eye strain, to see how well it can handle VOBs (copied straight from the DVD), how much battery that takes, and more. Also, it's just a brilliant film.

I hadn't thought about this before, but considering my relatively small DVD collection the decision is easy - For a Few Dollars More. Greatest movie score, ever.

darien said:
That's optimistic. The extended trilogy is 11.5 hours. Not to mention that video playback is pretty demanding. I wouldn't expect to get a full 10 hours on a charge playing video.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0043899/

If the delay takes long enough, it might be boondock saints 2. Hope that movie will make it to german cinemas or at least dvd/blueray.

It'll probably be The Castle of Cagliostro, for me. I love that movie.

conso said:

If the delay takes long enough, it might be bomdock saints 2. Hope that movie will make it to german cinemas or at least dvd/blueray.
And you own the title you linked to?

may88 said:
conso said:

If the delay takes long enough, it might be bomdock saints 2. Hope that movie will make it to german cinemas or at least dvd/blueray.
And you own the title you linked to?
pandora and the flying dutchman? no, that was a joke ^^

Chip said:
darien said:
That's optimistic. The extended trilogy is 11.5 hours. Not to mention that video playback is pretty demanding. I wouldn't expect to get a full 10 hours on a charge playing video.

Haha, I know it'll be my ultimate battery test. If it fails, I'll try watching 26 episodes of Samurai Champloo in two charges.

darien said:

That's exactly what I was going to say =X

Still, I have to convert it to 800x480... Can anyone suggest a good app to do this? Perhaps the good old Super?

Back