Sooo.. any advice?

cinaed666

Hello, as I'm new to this forum, let me introduce myself first.

I'm Kenny, age 17, and I live in Belgium. I'm quite the geek and gamer,

and I've been aware of the pandora for quite some time now, but never ordered one.

I've noticed you can now order them, and get them in a couple of days, albeit at a higher price.

Is it still possible to order one with the batches at the old price? When do you recon I'd get it if I order now (or in a month or two)?

As far as I read, they are still sending out the 2008-2009 ones...

Can't wait to play some N64 and PSX on there! Also, are there any (indie) games made for the pandora that really showcase the graphical potential?

I've seen it run Final Fantasy 9 on the PSX emu, but I've yet to see any native, newer, games that have any impressive 3D.

It's quite odd that the best looking games I've seen so far on it are 10 year old ones, if you get my drift.

And as a last question, what's up with the transparant ones? Are they still available?

Regards;

Kenny

PS: some people will hate me for asking this, but is there an angry birds port? Since there is an Android version...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed you can now order them, and get them in a couple of days, albeit at a higher price.

Is it still possible to order one with the batches at the old price? When do you recon I'd get it if I order now (or in a month or two)?

As far as I read, they are still sending out the 2008-2009 ones...

And as a last question, what's up with the transparant ones? Are they still available?
Welcome!

All units are being sold at the $500 price. No $350 units available anymore, preorders are closed.

Transparent was a prototype. Would love that for Pandora 2!

Welcome! (and goedemorgen or bonjour, depending on your location ; )

No clue about the current prices, but you can pm me for other questions, i have one (well, 2 actually, with a short wait inbetween) for almost a year.

You can also look and ask around in relative topics to your questions ofcourse

Cheers!

Welcome! (and goedemorgen or bonjour, depending on your location ; )

No clue about the current prices, but pm me for other questions, had one (well, 2 actually, with a short wait inbetween) for almost a year

Cheers!

Thank you both for the swift replies! I think the $500 one is quite a step up from the pre-orders, but to be fair, I don't think I could wait for a pre-order one, and even if I had the choice, buy a premium one.

It's a shame they don't have the transparant one as an option, I'm quite fond of that look. (LED mods anyone?)

PS: I'm flemish, so it would be goedemorgen :D

8dxhO.jpg

There is no Angry Birds port. There will never be. As for limit-pushers? Well, emulating the N64 and PS1 is pretty limit-pushing. There are ports of the Quake trilogy which all run nicely.

^ In addition to the above, Pickle also ported Lugaru, recently, too, which is an independently-developed ninja-bunny-rabbit combat/action game which was recently open-sourced (more information on the game, along with some videos and screenshots, can be found on its developer's website, here). (Obviously, as with the Quakes and the Dooms, and so on, the original data files are required. :p )

anything with GemRB? although this is an emulator machine, so youre kind of holding back not using it as such

anything with GemRB? although this is an emulator machine, so youre kind of holding back not using it as such
No no no, actually I love emulators, I'm just looking for some nice looking games that are guaranteed to run as well, a lot of emulated games have issues, see? Actually I'm looking for some games to impress some friends with, as they are very graphically oriented people.

ok this isnt your android phone or psp, this is emulation done right, quake 3 seems to be the main way to impress though if thats what youre looking for, or maybe the controls, or pc like interface, or usb slot, or keyboard, perhaps the sound quality? internet browsing? multitasking?

Actually I'm looking for some games to impress some friends with, as they are very graphically oriented people.
Quake 3 can be graphically stupendous, sure to impress many, I'm sure.

edit: :ph34r:

ok this isnt your android phone or psp, this is emulation done right, quake 3 seems to be the main way to impress though if thats what youre looking for, or maybe the controls, or pc like interface, or usb slot, or keyboard, perhaps the sound quality? internet browsing? multitasking?
yeah I guess, I'll check out how good my favorite games run when I get a pandora this summer :)

Actually I'm looking for some games to impress some friends with, as they are very graphically oriented people.
Quake 3 can be graphically stupendous, sure to impress many, I'm sure.

edit: :ph34r:
I'm sure it looks pretty crisp on that smaller screen! :D

edit: merged my double post.

Back