Emulation - NES

Wow, so I'm not the only one who really wants decent NES emulation? Hahaha ^_^

I'm sorry for going on about it when I can't write one myself. Maybe one day I'll be good enough at programming to get an emulator out there, but not yet :mellow:

Just randomly checked the repo and there appears to be a native nes port by notaz. Didn't see another thread about it.

Working excellent, no problems and is fast

Thanks for another great piece of software

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

26849973.jpg

Anyway, back on topic.

I guess this makes my gpfce-gp2x fullscreen mod useless now. Oh well, its always better to have a native version :p .

Well it took quite a bit more than 2h to do, but I've finally consolidated the UI into a lib which will help one of the future projects too.

Great work Notaz, I tried out all my favorites and they run flawlessly.

Plays very smoothly and has a more native feel to it. The scalers are great, too. Don't seem to take as much power as the original ones and look great.

Only thing was, that i had my pandora clocked to 900mhz and it froze as soon as i changed to a neonfilter, but that is of course my fault, should have known better ;)

Thanks a lot again! Now back to Megaman...

7z is a bit messy to support properly, it can use multiple compression methods and I guess you'll want to choose individual files from a compressed archive, I don't have any infrastructure for that right now.

Well actually the ability to choose which rom in the archive would be very helpful :) if u have time that is.

Well it took quite a bit more than 2h to do, but I've finally consolidated the UI into a lib which will help one of the future projects too.
Finally a decent NES Emulator for the Pandora !!! Thanks a lot for this

Excellent work! Have only tried a little - Some SMB3, some FF1 - but it looks and runs beautifully. Notaz spoils us again.

Whenever there is time, I'd love to see a little write-up on what the different filter and scaling options does. I can change them around and see that stuff changes, of course, but I'm curious as to what actually happens?

I tried the infamous 'Action 52' and like the GINGE wrapped version... it will crash the emulator all the time... altough the 'game'(if you can call it that) is hacky/not technically well made at all and would often crash a real NES from time to time..

Only tried to play it to show a friend how bad it was.. sadly couldn't.

But I doubt 'Action 52' is high on the must get working list. :p

There seems to be a little bug with savestates:

Saving and Loading during a gameing sessions works flawless. But leaving the emulator, starting it again (later) and trying to load a state saved in the previous session leads to a "garbled" game which cannot be played (tried it with at least six different games, several times).

There seems to be a little bug with savestates:

Saving and Loading during a gameing sessions works flawless. But leaving the emulator, starting it again (later) and trying to load a state saved in the previous session leads to a "garbled" game which cannot be played (tried it with at least six different games, several times).

EDIT: confirmed / +1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back