What would you like to see?

Maybe Android running with Games like Minecraft PE, Modern Combat 4 or Angry Birds would be cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
How about games whe allready know from Pandora, as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem 3D, or the Jedi Knights Games?? 
something like Openmorrowind would be also great
and our fafered Emulators (N64, DS, PSX, NES SNES, GB GBC GBA, Master System Gamegear, Genesis(Megadrive) Dreamcast, Atari, Amiga C64 , Neo GEO, PSP, and so one..

i wants the Pyra to run all my things i know and like from Pandora, but better ...

How about games whe allready know from Pandora, as Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Duke Nukem 3D, or the Jedi Knights Games?? 
something like Openmorrowind would be also great
and our fafered Emulators (N64, DS, PSX, NES SNES, GB GBC GBA, Master System Gamegear, Genesis(Megadrive) Dreamcast, Atari, Amiga C64 , Neo GEO, PSP, and so one..

i wants the Pyra to run all my things i know and like from Pandora, but better ...

Better wait for some 3D driver for those (execpt for most emu, only N64, Dreamcast and PSP needs 3D drivers in your list).

I know the guy who makes the 3D Driver needs a real pyra to develop it, 
at the moment, i mostly play Gameboy Series (GBGBCGBA) and DS Games on Pandora, but i have prepared some Dreamcast Games i hope to Play somethimes on my Shiny New Pyra :)
and more frome these PC Ports i ditnt try on Pandora...

If you allow me to make a request I would like to see how runs commandos on the devboard, seems that there is a demo available.
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-Demo/Commandos--Behind-Enemy-Lines.shtml

It isn't more complex than diablo 2, I expect it to run pretty well.

Indeed exagear is very promising, if it can only run 2D games/applications it will be a nice addition, but if at some point (3D driver provided and everything) it's able to run more complex games, it can be the killer program of Pyra.

If you allow me to make a request I would like to see how runs commandos on the devboard, seems that there is a demo available.
http://games.softpedia.com/get/Games-Demo/Commandos--Behind-Enemy-Lines.shtml

It isn't more complex than diablo 2, I expect it to run pretty well.

Indeed exagear is very promising, if it can only run 2D games/applications it will be a nice addition, but if at some point (3D driver provided and everything) it's able to run more complex games, it can be the killer program of Pyra.

Lunixbochs has already made his glshim working with Exagear, we just need a working 3D driver to take advantage it.

Since i dont believe in the whole convergence hype, where one device takes over for all else, i wondered how the pyra could fit into an already existing ecosystem of hardware.

Being foss, that is naturally occuring, but what it features in addition to what a laptop has to offer is good gaming controls, an added use for when you are stationary.

What would be interesting is to have the gaming-controls on an external pc, but reserve the internal keyboard and screen for chat.

Especially with laptops, there is often just the one screen, and games are best served fullscreen, non-windowed. Which makes a offline game a little too stagnant for the current generation.

Any luck with Steam yet?  I'd like to see Half-Life, possibly HL2 attempted as well.  If possible, also Xash3D so we can see some comparative performance of exagear.

Any luck with Steam yet?  I'd like to see Half-Life, possibly HL2 attempted as well.  If possible, also Xash3D so we can see some comparative performance of exagear.

Steam yeah a while ago I had a video posted, even tried streaming out... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-pPkpIDNnM 

Half-Life was a bit odd, looked like It may have played okay, but seemed glitchy. Half-Life 2 I haven't tried. Xash3D would be cool to try... I really wish 3D acceleration was working.

Oooh, does this mean I might to get to play TIS-100 on the Pyra?! Cool :)

Wait we might get steam on the Pyra?

Yeah, but don't expect too much out of it... it requires slow x86 emulation. older games may be playable when 3D acceleration is working. Hard to say where the threshold of playability will be once that is working. It may be better to for some of these games to not have the overhead of running steam in the background.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trashy, have you tried Starcraft over Exagear?
I wonder how well it compares against the static recompile.

No I haven't, but It's simple enough to try. My new HDMI recording device arrived, need something to try it out on.

Wait we might get steam on the Pyra?

Yeah, but don't expect too much out of it... it requires slow x86 emulation. older games may be playable when 3D acceleration is working. Hard to say where the threshold of playability will be once that is working. It may be better to for some of these games to not have the overhead of running steam in the background.
Steam is mostly a software acquisition and download tool.  If you're not actively installing/downloading something, there isn't much for it to do.  I.e. I would be a bit surprised if Steam itself actually requires much more for overhead than an inactive web browser with 1-2 tabs open would.

Steam is mostly a software acquisition and download tool.  If you're not actively installing/downloading something, there isn't much for it to do.  I.e. I would be a bit surprised if Steam itself actually requires much more for overhead than an inactive web browser with 1-2 tabs open would.
you would think, but it's still running via an x86 emulation running an x86 Debian Wheezy chroot then on top running steam. It's not as efficient as a browser with 2 tabs open.

you would think, but it's still running via an x86 emulation running an x86 Debian Wheezy chroot then on top running steam. It's not as efficient as a browser with 2 tabs open.
That just gave me a thought...  In that scenario would a game launched from steam spawn a new x86 chroot or call the one that steam was originally running in?

That just gave me a thought...  In that scenario would a game launched from steam spawn a new x86 chroot or call the one that steam was originally running in?

I would like to believe the latter, but I do see a lot of instances of exagear in the process list... 

I would like to believe the latter, but I do see a lot of instances of exagear in the process list... 
Do you have any Steam games that you can launch without Steam running?  I.e. offline-mode?  I'm wondering if the performance differs vs with Steam running.

Back