What would you like to see?

Steam is mostly a software acquisition and download tool.  If you're not actively installing/downloading something, there isn't much for it to do.  I.e. I would be a bit surprised if Steam itself actually requires much more for overhead than an inactive web browser with 1-2 tabs open would.
you would think, but it's still running via an x86 emulation running an x86 Debian Wheezy chroot then on top running steam. It's not as efficient as a browser with 2 tabs open.
That just gave me a thought...  In that scenario would a game launched from steam spawn a new x86 chroot or call the one that steam was originally running in? 
I would like to believe the latter, but I do see a lot of instances of exagear in the process list... 
Do you have any Steam games that you can launch without Steam running?  I.e. offline-mode?  I'm wondering if the performance differs vs with Steam running.

I may have a few I could try.

OMG you played Neverwinter Night, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Unreal Tournament!!! It run really well for 3D games without hardware acceleration! I'm so eager to have the Pyra! :lol:

Many thanks Trashy!

I've other games to try if you want to, I can give you a list. It's mainly games that running on Windows. Well, I don't think you bought all of them.

Fighting: Little Fighter 2 (Freeware on http://www.littlefighter.com/download_links_en.html) really fun and multiplayer.

RPG/ Hack&Slash: Dungeon Siege 1, great with 3D world, there isn't any other game like this one.

RPG/Adventure: Might And Magic VII, Outcast, Morrowind

Platform: Hunter Hunted

RPG: Lionheart, Arcanum, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, 

Space Opera:  Freelancer,

RTS: Warlord Battlecry, Warwind, Red Alert 2, Black&White, Populous 3, Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40.000

FPS: Soldier Of Fortune, Serious Sam: the First Encounter

Racing: Re-volt

I have Dungeon Siege, Morrowind, Fallout 1,2 and Tactics, Black&White, Soldier of Fortune, Serious Sam and Revolt... 

Black and White I had trouble with a few months ago, but I'm on a new install of Exagear Desktop. Fallout Series I believe works well so I may make that part of a new video. The rest I'll try when my new HDMI recording device comes in. 
I'm looking forward to this! Specially Dungeon Siege 1!

Specific tests of web browsing.  In Chromium, bring up the task manager and check out a few of these:
http://lecremedelacrumb.com/2015/09/boston-cream-pie-bars.html on my desktop shows 250MB while it's loaded but drops to 176MB after I switch tabs
https://www.humblebundle.com/ is 200MB at first and then 140MB if I change tabs.
http://openpandora.org/ starts at 190MB and then drops to 130MB.
https://mail.google.com is probably more difficult to compare since it'll depend on theme and messages but as a ballpark it takes 400MB when first loaded and then about 290MB after changing tabs.
Hopefully these aren't comparable in any way and will actually be significantly less on the dev board.
Thanks.

Whe have Revolt Allready for the PSX Emulator, (realy cool RC Racer)
but i would like to see Rigs of Rods, the Free Opensource Car and Trucksimulator whit a realy interessting physiks engine,
http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/
If Pyra can handle this, i think it would be the killer app for lots of us...
But the Problem is, whe dosnt have 3D Drivers yet...

but i would like to see Rigs of Rods, the Free Opensource Car and Trucksimulator whit a realy interessting physiks engine,

You mean the cheap and ugly PSX version? The windows version is more demanding so it's still pertinent to see it.

Whe have Revolt Allready for the PSX Emulator, (realy cool RC Racer)but i would like to see Rigs of Rods, the Free Opensource Car and Trucksimulator whit a realy interessting physiks engine,http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/If Pyra can handle this, i think it would be the killer app for lots of us...But the Problem is, whe dosnt have 3D Drivers yet...

You mean the cheap and ugly PSX version? The windows version is more demanding so it's still pertinent to see it.
I fired it up, without 3D acceleration it's pretty slow... have it almost playable setting all the graphic features to low and setting a resolution to 400x240 or so....Which I guess still makes it a little better than the PSX version... :D

Once I work out my HDMI recorder issues I'll make it one of the first videos.

Ok, then how about Ulitmate Stunt ??
and how is the Dreamcast Version??
At least, i found the Dreamcast Version of 4 x 4 Evo 2 which is a cool Offroad Game.

Well it looks like RoR will be released for android one day, increasing the likelihood that it will be available for pyra.

I fired it up, without 3D acceleration it's pretty slow... have it almost playable setting all the graphic features to low and setting a resolution to 400x240 or so....Which I guess still makes it a little better than the PSX version... :D

Once I work out my HDMI recorder issues I'll make it one of the first videos.
Thanks for testing it! I'm really curious about how Dungeon Siege 1 would run.

Whe have Revolt Allready for the PSX Emulator, (realy cool RC Racer)but i would like to see Rigs of Rods, the Free Opensource Car and Trucksimulator whit a realy interessting physiks engine,http://www.rigsofrods.com/content/If Pyra can handle this, i think it would be the killer app for lots of us...But the Problem is, whe dosnt have 3D Drivers yet...

I fired it up, without 3D acceleration it's pretty slow... have it almost playable setting all the graphic features to low and setting a resolution to 400x240 or so....Which I guess still makes it a little better than the PSX version... :D Once I work out my HDMI recorder issues I'll make it one of the first videos.
Thanks for testing it! I'm really curious about how Dungeon Siege 1 would run.
Right now, with the testing TrashyMG is doing, the more important metric is whether or not something will run at all.  Without 3d drivers and having no optimization, the mere fact that many of these games and applications start at all is fantastic.

Bringing running X86 Linux compiled games back to top.  There is another thread about new optimizations in running DosBox on an updated Exagear.  What about improvements to X86 Linux on Exagear/ARM?  Did those come along for the ride in this improvement cycle?

DOSbox plays principally DOS games (rather than Linux/x86 games) - the clue is in the name ;)

Exagear I've not heard about, and would also be interested to hear if there have been any beneficial updates to that too.

DOSbox plays principally DOS games (rather than Linux/x86 games) - the clue is in the name ;)

Exagear I've not heard about, and would also be interested to hear if there have been any beneficial updates to that too.

I suspect that you may be confused about the question.

The recent developments in DosBox using Exagear are being discussed in another thread.  THIS thread has tended more towards taking X86 Linux compiled (NOT DOS, NOT Windows) programs and running them on ARM Linux while utilizing the Exagear extensions to add efficiency.

Why is this relevant?

If the Pyra can natively run X86 compiled software - i.e. for example portions of the SteamBox and Steam for Linux catalog.  It potentially opens up a broad swath of more modern software - much of which is otherwise only available for Windows.

There are also a few closed source non-steam X86 Linux games of interest.  Neverwinter Nights for example.

So - back to the question...

We know that the latest Exagear combined with some DosBox tweaks gives improved DosBox game performance.  Does the latest Exagear also improve X86 Linux game performance as well?

We know that the latest Exagear combined with some DosBox tweaks gives improved DosBox game performance.  Does the latest Exagear also improve X86 Linux game performance as well?

I haven't noticed too much difference, but I really haven't  given it a real go yet... maybe I'll try that Linux version of NWN vs the windows one I tried earlier and such. 

I haven't noticed too much difference, but I really haven't  given it a real go yet... maybe I'll try that Linux version of NWN vs the windows one I tried earlier and such. 

Frankly, getting the X86 Linux NWN working the first time is not for the feint of heart.  The best methodology I've found involves doing a Windows install, then running some scripts to 'fix' the install for Linux, then downloading and running the Linux binary.  The CEP packages work with the Linux version too - which is nice.

I wouldn't expect too much out of it before the 3D drivers are working though.  If  you try it, be sure to go into the graphics settings and turn everything to off/minimum/etc...   That game can actually still tax even the most robust video cards on it's highest settings.

Bringing running X86 Linux compiled games back to top.  There is another thread about new optimizations in running DosBox on an updated Exagear.  What about improvements to X86 Linux on Exagear/ARM?  Did those come along for the ride in this improvement cycle?

Dosbox is not running in exagear.. It's running natively.

From what they've written and what I've seen there might be improvements in loading times, but not necessarily in-game. But I haven't done extensive tests. I'm still hoping we'll get hardware accelerated 3D on the Pandora (I know lunixbochs has a test version that you can compile, but I don't have the time to setup a compilation environment on a PC :( )

Dosbox is not running in exagear.. It's running natively.

Ahh - my misinterpretation then.  I had been under the impression that the DosBox improvements had come from leveraging the Exagear X86 on ARM optimizations.  I.e. some sort of hybrid beast.

Kudos on the improvements!

I've compiled the version of wine as per Notaz's advice to TrashyMG and have found a lot more games work with this option (obviously as we don't have a working 3D driver yet)

Games demonstrated are in order:

Nox

MozPong

Age of Empires 2

Spooky Castle - Kid Mystic

Dungeon Keeper FX

Pizza Frenzy (I checked the CPU Frequency in this game. It's using 1.50GHZ.

Insaniquarium Deluxe

Gruntz

Age of Empires 2.

Only played AoE 3 but that's finally a Game I'm interested in :)

Thanks for that one.

Back