What would you like to see?

Not as good news for MDK, mostly WINE issues from my guess... The DOS version may work fine, but need to find my original CD.

Also another Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Grench said:
Where are things at with getting the 3D drivers working on the Pyra?  The rest of the development appears to be going so well - but this one piece has me concerned.
I was scouring the boards last night for a possible update on this...
Well, the main guy who wants to work on the 3D driver is waiting for a prototype of the unit (which doesn't exist yet), so no one is working on the driver right now, nothing will change at the moment.

Additionally, an upgraded version which might work out of the box on our system might be released early 2016, so we also have to wait for that.

No need to search for news on that - until the prototypes are being done and sent to developers, probably nothing will happen here.

My browser is blocking the download from the "official site" saying it contails malware or a virus, this is iceweasel on the devboard... I found another site that looked a little more trustworthy... tried it, at first it seemed to be crashing on loading a large art file, why would a simple game require such large bitmaps were I have to set my direct3d video memory size to 512MB... WineHQ mostly gave this a Garbage status, I tried their suggestions to get it to work... Ironically the game froze several times loading a freeze.dat file... Still having directsound issues on my wine setup... most likely not the game.  But I did finally get it working...

I want to play some openXcom on the go. I'd also like to play xcom enemy within via remote when I can't be at my desktop.

I want to play some openXcom on the go. I'd also like to play xcom enemy within via remote when I can't be at my desktop.

Well openXcom could be done on the Pandora... http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openxcom
Enemy Within is a recent game with fairly impressive graphics, not sure how the devboard could handle it. If there was miraculously a native arm version of the game and didn't have the overhead of emulating an x86 system maybe...  

Well openXcom could be done on the Pandora... http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=openxcom
Enemy Within is a recent game with fairly impressive graphics, not sure how the devboard could handle it. If there was miraculously a native arm version of the game and didn't have the overhead of emulating an x86 system maybe...  
I don't expect the Pyra to be able to handle Enemy Within but am hoping it will be able to handle NVIDIA GameStream.

Well, the main guy who wants to work on the 3D driver is waiting for a prototype of the unit (which doesn't exist yet), so no one is working on the driver right now, nothing will change at the moment.

Additionally, an upgraded version which might work out of the box on our system might be released early 2016, so we also have to wait for that.

No need to search for news on that - until the prototypes are being done and sent to developers, probably nothing will happen here.

Thanks for the update ED! Good news that someone is ready for smashing a driver out.

My browser is blocking the download from the "official site" saying it contails malware or a virus, this is iceweasel on the devboard... I found another site that looked a little more trustworthy... tried it, at first it seemed to be crashing on loading a large art file, why would a simple game require such large bitmaps were I have to set my direct3d video memory size to 512MB... WineHQ mostly gave this a Garbage status, I tried their suggestions to get it to work... Ironically the game froze several times loading a freeze.dat file... Still having directsound issues on my wine setup... most likely not the game.  But I did finally get it working...

I'm really sorry for the trouble pal, it's such a great game in multiplayer, I wouldn't have asked you if I knew it. To do special moves you have to use the key to protect, choose a direction and hit the attack key, the power depends of the character. It's a really fun beat them all, and it would be so amazing on Pyra as you can setup the control.

There is even transformation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgYJqxtJgfM

Thanks again

Hey @TrashyMG, thank you so much for all the videos and test. You made my day! Hope Dos version works fine :D.

OMG you played Neverwinter Night, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Unreal Tournament!!! It run really well for 3D games without hardware acceleration! I'm so eager to have the Pyra! :lol:

Many thanks Trashy!

I've other games to try if you want to, I can give you a list. It's mainly games that running on Windows. Well, I don't think you bought all of them.

Fighting: Little Fighter 2 (Freeware on http://www.littlefighter.com/download_links_en.html) really fun and multiplayer.

RPG/ Hack&Slash: Dungeon Siege 1, great with 3D world, there isn't any other game like this one.

RPG/Adventure: Might And Magic VII, Outcast, Morrowind

Platform: Hunter Hunted

RPG: Lionheart, Arcanum, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, 

Space Opera:  Freelancer,

RTS: Warlord Battlecry, Warwind, Red Alert 2, Black&White, Populous 3, Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40.000

FPS: Soldier Of Fortune, Serious Sam: the First Encounter

Racing: Re-volt

Good to see I'm not the only person in the world who liked War Wind.
Has anyone said Quake yet?

OMG you played Neverwinter Night, Dungeon Keeper 2, and Unreal Tournament!!! It run really well for 3D games without hardware acceleration! I'm so eager to have the Pyra! :lol:

Many thanks Trashy!

I've other games to try if you want to, I can give you a list. It's mainly games that running on Windows. Well, I don't think you bought all of them.

Fighting: Little Fighter 2 (Freeware on http://www.littlefighter.com/download_links_en.html) really fun and multiplayer.

RPG/ Hack&Slash: Dungeon Siege 1, great with 3D world, there isn't any other game like this one.

RPG/Adventure: Might And Magic VII, Outcast, Morrowind

Platform: Hunter Hunted

RPG: Lionheart, Arcanum, Fallout, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, 

Space Opera:  Freelancer,

RTS: Warlord Battlecry, Warwind, Red Alert 2, Black&White, Populous 3, Final Liberation: Warhammer Epic 40.000

FPS: Soldier Of Fortune, Serious Sam: the First Encounter

Racing: Re-volt

I have Dungeon Siege, Morrowind, Fallout 1,2 and Tactics, Black&White, Soldier of Fortune, Serious Sam and Revolt... 

Black and White I had trouble with a few months ago, but I'm on a new install of Exagear Desktop. Fallout Series I believe works well so I may make that part of a new video. The rest I'll try when my new HDMI recording device comes in. 

Back