What Will You Do When Ds/psp Comes Out?

What will you most likely do when DS/PSP comes out?

• Buy the DS and keep my GP32

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buy the PSP and keep my GP32

• Buy both the DS and PSP and keep my GP32

• Buy none of those and keep my GP32

• Buy the DS and sell my GP32

• Buy the PSP and sell my GP32

• Buy both the DS and PSP and sell my GP32

• Total voters

erm.. whoops, let me try again

buy the ds, keep the GP32 and *think very hard* about the PSP :p

some one needs to prove that the PSP is more then a portable Ps1/Ps2 before I would consider it...

Still worried about the battery life (isnt everyone)

erm.. whoops, let me try again
Still worried about the battery life (isnt everyone)

Nope. I never actually play my portables far from a plug socket so I couldn't give a toss. It defeats the object of a handheld I know but I rarely travel any distances and mostly end up playing them whilst tucked up in bed. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it is like this:

GBA - 2.8"

DS - 3"

GP32 - 3.5"

PSP - 4"

In comparison to the other screens? yeah it is. It's just a little bit under four fingers stacked together and, that and I double checked the dimensions in pixels, 480x272, with an 16:9 aspect ratio it keeps coming out to this size.

I wish they;d just give a REAL size discription of the screen rather than this 4.5inch diagonal measurment. because when I try to use that to get the size in illustrator it doesn;t match up the screen was ridiculously larger than that when I tried it at E3

hmm... just did a bit of googling, and it seems the psp is a bit bigger than I thought...

Image4092.gif

In comparison to the other screens? yeah it is. It's just a little bit under four fingers stacked together and, that and I double checked the dimensions in pixels, 480x272, with an 16:9 aspect ratio it keeps coming out to this size.

I wish they;d just give a REAL size discription of the screen rather than this 4.5inch diagonal measurment. because when I try to use that to get the size in illustrator it doesn;t match up the screen was ridiculously larger than that when I tried it at E3

That is because you are assuming that the pixels are all the same size. ;) That is the problem. The individual pixels themselves are smaller on the PSP. So if you just do it by number of pixels, which are all the same relative size on the illustrator image, you will get dodgy results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back