Own A Ds? Do You Like?

Hungry4War

Still Fresh
:D I just got my DS this morning from Canada and I think it's good, played Metroid demo which is very good. Can't really do much with Pictochat at the moment because not many in my area probably own a DS yet. Maybe when it arrives in the UK i'll able multiplay or send messages on the bus, etc....
Do you own a DS yet?
What do you think?

I've had one since the 19th and I still can't see the advantage of 2 screens, seems like a gimmick which isn't going to work on many games.

Feel the magic is probably the best game but it isn't *great* its just ok.

I'm thinking the PSP will be more of a gamers system.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

When the PSP price goes down to £150, i'll buy one, which knowing Sony that will be about 5 years time.

Keep walking around Wiltshire until it makes a funny sound, or fly to the US, it's bound to do it there.

Im not buying a system just for zelda.....
PSP will be the gamers handheld, the 2 screens are not working
Im going to buy a system with a big screen that will be good for emulation and I will be able to have a 16 person First person shooter LAN party with headsets and all without taking my computer anywhere
OO, thats the PSP, thats what Im gettin then

~Octavious

The bottom screen apart from displaying a map can be used like a mouse, excellent for First Person Shooters.

In a way Nintendo have moved forward with technology, but then a again, didn't Game & Watch have a clock?

I wish the DS had a bigger top screen too but it's really not that bad, and compared to the SP, it's slightly bigger, and ALOT more visable. Now other family members can see the screen and it's clearly a big improvent. Ok, now go on and say how the PSP will be loads better Octavious. :rolleyes:

I will be extremely interested if http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ will be able support the PSP as well, its already good that I might be able to play my DS multiplayer anywhere in my house :)

PS wilth luck I be able to get my DS tomorrow ;) (Dammit, so many games to play so little time)

I have had mine a few days and it is OK. Just OK, I am not blown away by it exactly. The thing that I have found is that it is real clumsy and uncomfortable for me to play with the stylus and pad at the same time. I found that while playing you really only look at one screen at a time anyway so in my opinion they would have been much better off with one large touch screen rather than two small ones. I really haven't found that the two screens really add anything to the game experience yet. It just seems gimmicky to me right now. The best part is that is plays GBA stuff backlit, but the catch here is GBA games play with a border because of the resolution difference making the game screen even SMALLER than a real GBA. The 3D and sound is very good quality, much better than on any current handheld. It always seems to come back to the fact that the screen seems too damn small for me. I honestly think the PSP will kill it when it comes out. The DS has the advantage of being first, and making the holiday sales rush but that is about it.

The two screens could be due to the 'clam shell' design that they wanted to keep and fitting a massive single screen wouldnt really work without making the DS even bigger then it is.

Back