What Shall I Buy?

lots of people are missing the key selling point of any nintendo handheld

Pokémon

you got it people , the single biggest selling franchise of ALL time. once this baby his the shelves , every kid will want a DS , everyone thats been around since the very start of pokemon red and blue will want to continue the series . i know i do and im 17 ! my friends want the new pokemon game (and were all in college so dont give me any of the its for kids BS) . pokemon wil bring DS to just as many homes have GBA . and then some more !

its not DS vs PSP .. its Sony VS Pokemon.

can Sony bring something out of the bag to rival pokemon ?! ... i doubt it

EDIT :: redarding the size of the DS , your all blowing it way out of proportion , the DS is a nice fit in the palms of my hands, if it was any smaller id cramp my hands playing it XD

You realize the PSP is bigger than the DS, right? And practically the same weight?
And holding the DS with one hand is amazingly easy, the only time it becomes difficult is if you are using the D pad and stylus at the same time, which you never have to do in any game, and I wager never will. You use the thumb strap instead. And anyone who needs a screen that size has some seriously bad eyesight :blink:
[/quote]

now mr twit i have both the ds and the psp( actually 2 of each) The psp is smaller and lighter. I find it hard to use the l button on both but on the ds its the hardest. I dont know why.
[/quote]
ow, my envy is high.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want one i will sell you one ;). But i got 2 psp`s and 2 ridgeracers and 2 vampire chronicle for about £700 then i had to pay anothyer £135 when they got here :eek::O:O.

boblibob posted on Dec 23 2004 at 12:11 PM said:
lots of people are missing the key selling point of any nintendo handheld

Pokémon

hmm, i agree that nintendo may be able to shift some more consoles with that franchise. but think about it properly.

pokemon as a fad has all but died down now, the insanse clamour for everthing pokemon has subsided to be replaced by different crazes.

now, when sony get about to releasing a tekken, a gran turismo, a final fantasy and ultimately a GTA game, the kids will go nuts!

with the price of the handhelds being significantly higher than that of the gba/c the demographic for both machines will shift away from the younger age groups that were attracted to the gba and gb, it will be the 14+ ages who dictate whether these consoles flourish, the same age group that cannot get enough of GTA.

spray posted on Dec 23 2004 at 03:16 AM said:
man i hate indulging in petty things like this, but twit, you really seem to have zero back bone to your argument.

mr twit posted on Dec 23 2004 at 02:00 AM said:
You realize the PSP is bigger than the DS, right? And practically the same weight?

i believe the psp is marginally slimmer (eg from top of screen to bottom) and the same size across. however, open up the DS and its a different story, the thing doubles in size.

mr twit posted on Dec 23 2004 at 02:00 AM said:
And anyone who needs a screen that size has some seriously bad eyesight :blink:

anyone who wants a screen of that size and clarity clearly enjoys not having to compromise on viewing quality when watching films or playing games.
The psp is slightly slimmer, but is a lot wider.
PSP: 170mm x 74mm x 23mm with a weight of 260g
DS: 148mm x 84 x 28mm Weight: 275g
The DS when closed is about the same size and weight as a GP32.

If you need a screen that size, fine, but I can perfectly easily see two 3 inch screens.

mr twit posted on Dec 23 2004 at 02:11 PM said:
The psp is slightly slimmer, but is a lot wider.
PSP: 170mm x 74mm x 23mm with a weight of 260g
DS: 148mm x 84 x 28mm Weight: 275g
The DS when closed is about the same size and weight as a GP32.

If you need a screen that size, fine, but I can perfectly easily see two 3 inch screens.

so 2.2cm wider, and 1 cm slimmer, also has .5cm less depth, so has its dimensions spread out over a wider area, e.g. its less blocky.

whats this need rubbish all about? nobody needs a screen at all, however if you want to watch films and enjoy larger viewable areas then the psp is available.

I dont like to think that anyone thinks im sayin that ds is shite. i just find it strange howanyone can say that the ds is better than the psp. Oh and the thing about the screens anyone who says that the 2 ds is screens are better than the psp screen really have not seen the psp screen for real.

in the end it all comes down to playability. at the moment I don't know of any games I'm in to on the psp, but on the ds theres stuff like ff games and pokemon etc.

Goity posted on Dec 23 2004 at 04:27 PM said:
a final fantasy
are you kidding? most younger kids hate ff (obviously cos they've never played it, ff rulz!)!

read my post again

you will see that i state that these next gen handhelds are not as aimed at the younger demographic as the gba etc.

Final Fantasy games are great, although personally I prefer the Zelda franchise. I'm not going to join in with this bickering as I plan to get both systems when they're officially released. No way am I going to pay the insane import prices.

DS is dirt cheap on import, cheaper than retail price in the UK, I got mine for £100 including shipping. Even if customs catch you it will still be cheaper than UK retail.

when the whole thing about region stuff is cleared up, i plan on importing from the US about a week before the UK launch, i'll either get my games from the UK or the US depending on how much bending over i'll recieve.

Hehehe...
pspwned.jpg

Back