What Shall I Buy?

dcware

Still Fresh
I have enough money for the Nintendo DS and have £25 to spare, so in oher words a game.

What game is worth getting and won't loose it's appeal until a months time. I like the look of Ridge Racer DS.

What other than play games can the DS do? I heard you can tunnel it.

I'm a noob to DS but have a large PC knowledge.

Many Thanks,
DCWare

I really like Mario 64 DS - although it is almost an exact replica of the N64 version, it has a ton of extra minigames and a multiplayer mode (i have nobody to play with :( )

overall it is a very good game.

Yes mario is good. Im getting wario ware even tho its jap coz it looks great :D. But ridge racer on ds looks pish especially since i just got my psp with ridge racer today :D

dcware posted on Dec 22 2004 at 12:10 AM said:
I have enough money for the Nintendo DS and have £25 to spare, so in oher words a game.

What game is worth getting and won't loose it's appeal until a months time. I like the look of Ridge Racer DS.

What other than play games can the DS do? I heard you can tunnel it.

I'm a noob to DS but have a large PC knowledge.

Many Thanks,
DCWare

You may want to wait for the PSP. It looks better, has a screen that is big enough to see, and is not a brick like the DS. Sony will also have better and more stuff for the PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a fucking fanboy.

Anyway, I'd go for Feel the Magic if you don't know anyone else with a DS, if you do get a multiplayer game like Mario.

In seriousness though, if you're willing to wait, the PSP is the way to go.

My mate has got Ridge Racer on the DS. It's a good game, but it really does suffer in comparison to the PSP.

Yes go for mario if you liked mario 64. Im waiting on wario touch to get here but its jap but looks easy enough to understand. But i still say that psp will end up killing the ds off. Im not some sony fanboy or anything i mean i have a ds too but really anyone that has seen the two together can clearly see the ds is pants compared to psp.

put the money u were gonna use on the DS and the extra £20 odd towards a PSP :)

CABBAGES posted on Dec 22 2004 at 05:14 PM said:
Im not some sony fanboy or anything i mean i have a ds too but really anyone that has seen the two together can clearly see the ds is pants compared to psp.
How's that? The PSP has a bit better graphics and... erm... no, that's pretty much it. You have the choice between playing fun games or crap games with a bit nicer graphics.

mr twit posted on Dec 22 2004 at 06:38 PM said:
Im not some sony fanboy or anything i mean i have a ds too but really anyone that has seen the two together can clearly see the ds is pants compared to psp.
How's that? The PSP has a bit better graphics and... erm... no, that's pretty much it. You have the choice between playing fun games or crap games with a bit nicer graphics.

1. The graphics are not 'a bit better' - they are a hell of a lot better. Judging by the same game I have seen running on both systems in real life.

2. Why are all DS game fun and all PSP games crap?

Xbox and Gamecube are superior techinically to PS2

but which one has sold 14 times as many as the others the PS2

whichever console brings out the good games early will win

I am thinking bout getting a PSP, but due to SONY habit of taking several builds before it'll work well, im gonna hang tight

Kop_007 posted on Dec 22 2004 at 06:57 PM said:

1. The graphics are not 'a bit better' - they are a hell of a lot better. Judging by the same game I have seen running on both systems in real life.

1. So? Is the game any funner?
2. Because PSP games are just watered down console games, which you can play on a nice big screen with better graphics at home for more than 3 hours at a time. DS games are original and new (alright, the initial line-up is a bit weak, but ports like Mario 64 are just to get people to buy it initially, then they'll bring out the big guns :D )

Edit: I know there's a bit of troll-on-troll action going on here, but it just pisses me off when someone calls the DS "pants" when it quite clearly insn't. It has worse graphics but is better in many other ways.

I think sony kinda messed the launch, I mean they should have had at least half a million, the DS has already sold over a million and it has only been out a month.

I like mario ds and that asphault assault is ok and im getting that wario game but still think that psp is goin to be much better. Ok maybe the ds isnt pants but it isnt as good as the psp.Mr twit do you have a psp or have you seen a psp yourself ? i guess not as this 3 hour battery is a load of pants. Maybe if you got he brightness to full but really it is bette with the brightness at the lowest or second lowest.

mr twit posted on Dec 22 2004 at 07:03 PM said:
Kop_007 posted on Dec 22 2004 at 06:57 PM said:

1. So? Is the game any funner?
2. Because PSP games are just watered down console games, which you can play on a nice big screen with better graphics at home for more than 3 hours at a time. DS games are original and new (alright, the initial line-up is a bit weak, but ports like Mario 64 are just to get people to buy it initially, then they'll bring out the big guns :D )

Edit: I know there's a bit of troll-on-troll action going on here, but it just pisses me off when someone calls the DS "pants" when it quite clearly insn't. It has worse graphics but is better in many other ways.

1. Imagine two girls. Same personality, same habits - everyhting the same. Except one is a real looker and the other looks like a cow's backside. Now, you might have fun and enjoy the cow backside girl, but you'd much rather be with the stunner. You see.

2. The 3 hours thing is crap. You know it. 3:30 minutes on max settings for everything on a graphically intense game like RR. Much more with lower biightness and using headphones. 3:30 minutes minimum is enough for the average handheld gamer. Long plane rides, trips withthe family etc etc, then buy another battery (if you must play for 8 hours straight)

The DS games might have some originality to them but this isnt always a plus. Look at the 'original feature' in RR - it's crap, you cant use it. What are these big guns? More Mario, Zelda, Metroid? Now, I love all of these games but using a little stick in them isnt original - it's awkward (especially on the move).

I rate both systems. But having played them both, I cannot honestly see how the DS has any advantage over the PSP - except for Nintendo exclusive titles like Zelda and Mario.

I think if the PSP and DS would have came out at the same time (especially in the US), most people would have bought a PSP. The people who would not are the same people who swore they'd never buy an XBOX (because it crashes all the time etc - remember those myths?).

In the end, both systems are excellent, it's good we have the choice.

What are the other ways the DS is better by the way?

Edit: ...and SNES beats Mega-Drive any day. Ha Ha Ha.

Shut up Kop you ass, MD pwns SNES ;) .

Seriously though, competition is only a good thing, hopefully now we will get an original handheld Mario, or a port of Zelda: OoT!

I will get a PSP next christmas anyway, I just don't like to see people taking the piss out of the DS when it is obviously a VERY capable system.

Back