Recommend Some Games For The Ds

If you don’t mind imports, I would strongly recommend checking out Chou Soujuu Mecha MG. I am not normally a big import gamer myself aside from fighters and shmups but this one is worth the effort. I can’t say very many games beside this one really use the touch screen AND the duel screen aspect of the system in a way that seems so inextricable to the game play and overall experience as a whole as this one does. It’s got a ton of content and some pretty impressive graphics for the system, but the real treat is how it makes you feel like you are piloting a badass mech. Transformers wishes it was this game.

Aside from that the games I personally enjoy on the system (and some of these may not appeal to everyone) are:

Both Castlevania games (I prefer Portrait of Ruin slightly)
Clubhouse Games
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Izuna The Legend of the Unemployed Ninja
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales
Dragon Quest Heroes Rocket Slime
Bomberman Land Touch!
Etrian Odyssey 1&2
Mysterious Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Ganabre Geomon (Mystical Ninja)
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Glory Days 2
Contra 4
Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol
Rune Factory
Lunar Knights (though it’s sort of on the meh side compared to the Boktai games but without that crap sun sensor)
Rondo of Swords (love this game, but some people seem to hate it)

The Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney games seem to have a cult following, but I was always sort of 50/50 on them. They are entertaining enough though I suppose. Trauma Center, Jump Ultimate Stars, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan/ Eliet Beat Agents are all ones I am sort of on the fence about but seems to have a good fanbase if you want to consider them.
And if you do decide to get a flash cart of some kind (worth it at this point just for homebrew and emulation IMO) Soma Bringer has an English patch being worked on and is an absolutely fantastic game.

That’s all I can think of ATM, but really, I can’t say enough good things about Chou Soujuu Mecha MG.

You wouldn't believe how hard it would be to find a copy of any of the following in any of the game stores in my town and in the neighbouring towns: The World Ends With You, Any of the Phoenix Wright games and the Castlevania games. Searched for ages in both the new and preowned games and found none of them so I decided to plonk for Guitar Hero On Tour, which is actually quite good. The Guitar grip is comfortable for the most part (if you have small hands). I have big hands and it can be uncomfortable. There may only be four buttons but if you have big hands it can be a right pain in the backside trying to get the right combo of buttons hit because the buttons are so small and close together. It does take some getting used to and ok, it doesn't have a huge tracklist but it's still fun and looks and plays great.

Ganepark32 said:
You wouldn't believe how hard it would be to find a copy of any of the following in any of the game stores in my town and in the neighbouring towns: The World Ends With You, Any of the Phoenix Wright games and the Castlevania games. Searched for ages in both the new and preowned games and found none of them so I decided to plonk for Guitar Hero On Tour, which is actually quite good. The Guitar grip is comfortable for the most part (if you have small hands). I have big hands and it can be uncomfortable. There may only be four buttons but if you have big hands it can be a right pain in the backside trying to get the right combo of buttons hit because the buttons are so small and close together. It does take some getting used to and ok, it doesn't have a huge tracklist but it's still fun and looks and plays great.

and that is why you should get a flashcard (i recommend the acekard 2, really nice menu and its cheap and spring loaded.)
after i got my flashcard i played tons of games i normally wouldn't have, such as the world ends with you, import games, cheesier games, and the pheonix wright series.
as far as elite beat agents goes, i personally prefer it to quedan, mainly for the awesomeness of jumping jack flash.
still havent beaten it on cheiftan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word to the wise. If anyone is contemplating getting Guitar Hero on DS don't bother. While the game has a health information bit when you boot up about taking breaks, it's completely screwed up my left wrist with cramp and just generally hurting. I can't even hold my DS anymore in that hand. It's really uncomfortable. And I only played it for about 15 to 30 mins at any given time with there being hours in between me playing it. I'm taking it back to get my money back but I'm also emailing Activision on the subject. No game should screw up one's wrist by playing it for such short peroids of time like that. Think I played it 4 times before I had to stop playing because of my wrist.

i have to say, best DS game ive played in ages is rythm tengoku gold, if you played the gba version its just like that but better, its a kind of warioware/bemani hybrid.

Yeh I've heard some good things about that game. It's supposed to be coming out soon in the UK so I think I'll pick it up. No chance of getting the GBA version but I'm sure I can find it on import pretty cheaply.

Ganepark32 said:
Yeh I've heard some good things about that game. It's supposed to be coming out soon in the UK so I think I'll pick it up. No chance of getting the GBA version but I'm sure I can find it on import pretty cheaply.
pretty cheap here: www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-9g-49-en-70-2so1.html

not too much text either, everythin pretty easy to work out, the only problem is if your used to playing stuff like rock band on expert you not gonna find it much of a challenge, although the songs and mini games are loads of fun.

hmmm... And I have been playing Rock Band on expert recently. Only need to finish Green Grass and High Tides to finish it. Best I've done is 85%. My bro got 95% before cocking it up. Pain in the arse of a song for the game but its a great listen.

ive got to the last few songs on drums and guitar on expert and ive given up <_<, If you like stuff where you can create your own music KORG DS-10 synthersizer for the ds is brilliant, kind of like music for the ps1 but theres way more to it, takes a while to get into but its worth the time.

CUPC4KES said:
ive got to the last few songs on drums and guitar on expert and ive given up <_<, If you like stuff where you can create your own music KORG DS-10 synthersizer for the ds is brilliant, kind of like music for the ps1 but theres way more to it, takes a while to get into but its worth the time.
Is there a way to get the music you create on the DS onto a PC afterwards? Or is the only way to connect the headphone jack of the DS to your computer's line-in and use that?

Ravnos said:
CUPC4KES said:
Is there a way to get the music you create on the DS onto a PC afterwards? Or is the only way to connect the headphone jack of the DS to your computer's line-in and use that?

if it was on a flashcard, it would appear to be reasonably easy.
also, you should grab the korg 10 synthesizer for the ds, its completely in english. also space invaders extreme.
the korg card is 65 dollars before shipping from play asia and a acekard 2 w/ 2gb microsd and screen protector is 35, with free shipping.
just sayin.

@ CUPC4KES - finished Rock Band on Expert with the guitar now. My brother finished Green Grass and High Tides. I now need to find somewhere to get the drums cheap and I'll start playing through it on them. Oh and thnx for the add. I know it was awhile ago but hey ho, I haven't exactly been checking my messages on Xbox Live until recently. Anyone else get 500 free MS points? I got a message from Xbox Live saying that they were giving me 500 free MS points for the GTAIV promotion card I had but I already got the 500 MS points from it.

Looking to get The World Ends With You tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it. If not, I can always get my money back.

Ganepark32 said:
@ CUPC4KES - finished Rock Band on Expert with the guitar now. My brother finished Green Grass and High Tides. I now need to find somewhere to get the drums cheap and I'll start playing through it on them. Oh and thnx for the add. I know it was awhile ago but hey ho, I haven't exactly been checking my messages on Xbox Live until recently. Anyone else get 500 free MS points? I got a message from Xbox Live saying that they were giving me 500 free MS points for the GTAIV promotion card I had but I already got the 500 MS points from it.

Looking to get The World Ends With You tomorrow. Hopefully, I'll enjoy it. If not, I can always get my money back.
cool, next time your on and im playing rock band i'll give you a game, i dont talk though, i'm too shy :p
lots of people loved twewy, i hated it, dunno why i just did.

Got TWEWY today. Not bad so far. Kinda weird with the two different control types in battle but I'll keep plugging away at it. Gonna give up the hunter for Phoenix Wright and Castlevania. Not a single copy of any of them in any store.

Ganepark32 said:
Word to the wise. If anyone is contemplating getting Guitar Hero on DS don't bother. While the game has a health information bit when you boot up about taking breaks, it's completely screwed up my left wrist with cramp and just generally hurting. I can't even hold my DS anymore in that hand. It's really uncomfortable. And I only played it for about 15 to 30 mins at any given time with there being hours in between me playing it. I'm taking it back to get my money back but I'm also emailing Activision on the subject. No game should screw up one's wrist by playing it for such short peroids of time like that. Think I played it 4 times before I had to stop playing because of my wrist.
That's a shame, I also have the game and think it's pretty good!

^ It was a good game but I just couldn't play it. It was literally killing my wrist with cramp and strain from holding the thing. If they sort out the design of the guitar grip for the next one on DS I may look into getting it.

Back