What Do You Plan To Add/mod Onto Your Pandora (hardware)?

Babrios said:
secondary shoulder buttons, a must have for the best of the psx-games. too bad they did not make it into the design in the first place.
i do believe there are r2 and l2 contacts in the board.

i would do the l2 and r2 mod and cut the screen case so i can store 2-4 sd cards on the sides. this would give me all the storage i would ever need on a pandora. im fine with hot swaping them. and depending on the finish of the case i might do some sort of texture mod (i like it rough)

Last edited by a moderator:
thoughtcriminal said:

you wanna put up a tutorial for that :D! :D! :D! and also i heard from firefox that more ram can be soldered.

PoisonedV said:
polkunus said:
thoughtcriminal said:

you wanna put up a tutorial for that :D! :D! :D! and also i heard from firefox that more ram can be soldered.

No.

wut? No.? why not? I asked him a favor not you... thanks for your opinion? If he answers "No." thats fine, so how do you have a right of saying "No." and intercepting his answer? Or are you saying "No." to the soldered ram thing? come on seriously...

edit: grammar errors...

polkunus said:
PoisonedV said:
polkunus said:
thoughtcriminal said:

No.

wut? No.? why not? I asked him a favor not you... thanks for your opinion? If he answers "No." thats fine, so how do you have a right of saying "No." and intercepting his answer? Or are you saying "No." to the soldered ram thing? come on seriously...

you just answered your own question there, bud. and you have more pressing issues than grammar.

thoughtcriminal said:
Good luck opening up an IC. Hope you have an IC Fab Room.

If you're planning a mod, at least think it through. I could say I want to attach a Gen 5 Molten Salt Fast Reactor to mine, but the chances of me getting even depleted plutonium in the public is non-existent. And, even though I do have access to the proper equipment to mod a PoP, do I plan on frying at least 10 Pandora's just to mod a wafer into a sealed ceramic package that will require equal levels of sealing? No.

make sure h/w modders take loads of photos and document your coolmods for the less confident who want to do the same...

Looking forward to seeing the webcam one, someone will do it i'm sure.

I'm not going to mod this device like my eee... since there's only 3000 of these so far. I'm just planning on making a docking cradle, a car case, tv tuner (hopefully it works with my usb tuner) and an fm transmitter. I just plan on using the pandora to replace the programs used in my pocketpc phone and as a portable game centered device. Hopefully this thing can at least make boot disks and burn dvds through an external writer... you know for fun.

Megamixman said:
thoughtcriminal said:
Good luck opening up an IC. Hope you have an IC Fab Room.

If you're planning a mod, at least think it through. I could say I want to attach a Gen 5 Molten Salt Fast Reactor to mine, but the chances of me getting even depleted plutonium in the public is non-existent. And, even though I do have access to the proper equipment to mod a PoP, do I plan on frying at least 10 Pandora's just to mod a wafer into a sealed ceramic package that will require equal levels of sealing? No.

I don't plan on doing any modification to the stock memory IC. I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from attacking me without knowing the full details of my plans.

I will probably go about it by placing an a stripped down USB port or a microsd card reader inside the case. This is a infinitely superior method than what you are suggesting, as it will be cheaper, easier, and allow the drive to be removed/upgraded

I also do not intend to fry my pandora. I will be the first to admit I neither know how to, nor care to modify the memory POP

quite simple,

2 IRDA leds, for the wiimote
seriously couple of cents more and it woudlve already been included

btw i dont plan to mod anything eternally as im a complete noob to modding

definitely not until the warranty runs out

Megamixman said:
A perpetual motion generator. While I'm at it, I'll need a Flux Capacitor for those occasional space time jumps. When it's not charged, I'll just use public transportation.
LMFAO

craigix said:
The only thing I'm hoping to get going is one of those little broadband anywhere USB adaptors.
Nice.

As for me, LED lights.(like the guys over at acidmods)They are awesome. An FM reciever, some skins, screen protector, Nice looking case for it. Maybe repaint the case and button to make it look like a 360 controler with lcd. That would totally trip out my friends. If the wireless bluetooth dualshock3 gets support, I'll use that, the s-video out and do some retro gaming on my TV from my couch.

NICE!!!!

PoisonedV said:
polkunus said:
PoisonedV said:
polkunus said:
thoughtcriminal said:

No.

you just answered your own question there, bud. and you have more pressing issues than grammar.

No. You are wrong... I'm done. Please go search his posts. He DID say that because he responded to my question on the sticky on this general pandora forum. Forgot which one... So before you say "No." like some smartass, you could of asked "I don't think that can happen" or "no that is impossible, i don't think you are able to put an increased amount of ram on the system. Can you tell me where exactly you got his info.?".

Thoughtcriminal said:
Mods I want to do: Internal GPS, Machined aluminum case.
(odd, wrong article got quoted. I have edited it to correct it somewhat)

You might have a bit of trouble with your WiFi, bluetooth, & GPS with that aluminum case.

both the GPS and the case are only in theory. most likely neither will happen. I didn't even think about the case possibly blocking the signal. But I can dream, right? :D

craigix said:
The only thing I'm hoping to get going is one of those little broadband anywhere USB adaptors.
You took the words right out of my mouth. That was the first thing I thought of so I'm looking forward to hearing how you get on. Save me hunking a laptop everywhere :)

Back