What Do You Plan To Add/mod Onto Your Pandora (hardware)?

Youhei said:
A mini sd card slot :).
Joking, I wonder how I would be able to do that.
Super glue a mini SD card adapter into the regular SD card slot. Voila - mini SD card slot!

Last edited by a moderator:
WizardStan said:
Youhei said:
A mini sd card slot :).
Joking, I wonder how I would be able to do that.
Super glue a mini SD card adapter into the regular SD card slot. Voila - mini SD card slot!

Why mini? Why not micro?

If I remember the specs of the SOC, it includes 3 SD ports of which the Pandora is only using 2.

I'm going to mod in another 128MB of RAM. That way I'll have 256MB of RAM total. I know its impossible to do, but potentially destroying this fine piece of machinery is a risk I'm willing to take for 256MB of RAM.

Oh wait, did I miss something?

taltoris said:
I'm going to mod in another 128MB of RAM. That way I'll have 256MB of RAM total. I know its impossible to do, but potentially destroying this fine piece of machinery is a risk I'm willing to take for 256MB of RAM.

Miss something? Nope, nope... continue on as you were. :D

taltoris said:

That's it! I will try to pull some strings on that. Stay tuned :)

Antoligy said:
I'll...
Mod some kind of WiFi hack, that disrupts wireless communications.
That would rock, and be easy to use.
It would be even better when you disrupt a federal government signal and get arrested and go on trial for among other charges treason!

PoisonedV said:
Antoligy said:
I'll...
Mod some kind of WiFi hack, that disrupts wireless communications.
That would rock, and be easy to use.
It would be even better when you disrupt a federal government signal and get arrested and go on trial for among other charges treason!

Killjoy!

;)

I most likely won't do any thing, but a webcam would be nice, along with GPS and 3G. But I have little chance that I can do that, I'm not great with fiddly stuff, nor do I have a Soldering Iron.

Anyone here plan on removing the LCD lid and hijacking the DV out to hook up to a monitor? Kind of like the beagleboard but with the Pandora? That would be an interesting mod.

ish420 said:
Anyone here plan on removing the LCD lid and hijacking the DV out to hook up to a monitor? Kind of like the beagleboard but with the Pandora? That would be an interesting mod.
From looking at the PCB it seems, that the LCD controller is on board and the video out contains the raw pixel data fed directly to each pixel. A monitor wouldn't accept that signal. You would have to rip out its innards and connect to the panel directly, I suppose.

ish420 said:
Stupid question, but why not just buy a Beagle Board? Why buy something obviously inferior to your needs when something already exists that does what you want?

why take out the LCD?
just attach a plug and a USB hub to it and plug it into a screen if you plan on doing a docking device

Back