Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DaveC's Cap

• DaveC's Dpad

• I made my own.

• Total voters

You'r right! Product not found :( Oh well I think sometime I'll order like 5 of these
craigcap.jpg
for spares. I love these!!

TelcoLou posted on Mar 19 2007 at 08:40 PM said:
Blah posted on Mar 19 2007 at 11:36 PM said:
I don't particulally like ghetto speak either, its just the only way to describe something that shiny and (supposedly) ergonomic. :)

... what's wrong with "It's shiny and ergonomic, yo!"

(noticed the bolded "yo", assuring street cred for the speaker)
ROFL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , notice bolded "yo" :lol: :lol: :lol:

lubidog posted on Mar 20 2007 at 12:33 AM said:
On my MK1 I have Dave's D-Pad Mod. I just couldn't be without it-so much improved!

How can you still enjoy your GP2Xs without it?
Not very well :(

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still using the stock FE stick... except for it popping off if bumped, I have no beefs with it. I like the D-pad mod but A)don't want to jack up my 2X with my poor dremel-skills and B)like the stick-click. If I can figure out a way to make a stick within a pad then I'll consider doing a mod.

I made my own tin-cap
The problem?, if i want to remove it i have to use a soldering iron :p

Hey, how are the DaveC caps? I'm thinking about getting one but I have tried looking at all the main online stores that sell gp2xs but can't find any of those caps. Anyone know where to get them?

Shifty said:
Hey, how are the DaveC caps? I'm thinking about getting one but I have tried looking at all the main online stores that sell gp2xs but can't find any of those caps. Anyone know where to get them?
gp2xsticklg.jpg

DaveC doesn't make them anymore, sadly.

I would buy one of these if they were still available.

I believe he used to sell them himself, not an online store.

I've used the mk1 standard, the Dave C, the gp2x.co.uk one and even the Mk 2 cap. None rocked my boat.

But now I have the Dave C d-pad mod installed by Evil Dragon. Pure bliss. Big thanks to you both!!

i guess i'm the only person who made their own cap out of wood :)

it was a really bad idea since the hole in the bottom got too wide within a day or two and it just spun around like crazy, fell off etc...but it looked cool.

i was thinking of making an ad for it that parodied dave's old "get a grip" sig and said "so retro it's wood"

When I got mine, it was the one with the pointy bit in the middle. Now however, it's come loose, and any game that involves turning, like doom or vektar, the stick revolves with it...

Without having to read the whole thread (3 Pages, OH NOEZ), which is the best replacement for the MK 2?

Nova said:
When I got mine, it was the one with the pointy bit in the middle. Now however, it's come loose, and any game that involves turning, like doom or vektar, the stick revolves with it...
Without having to read the whole thread (3 Pages, OH NOEZ), which is the best replacement for the MK 2?

For one dollar USD, get a few of them.

TelcoLou said:
Nova said:

I'm not too keen on it to be honest, the pointy bit is a bit sharp. Also If you look at the stalk, the hole is circular, unlike most other caps, where the hole is semi-circular...

Nova said:
TelcoLou said:
Nova said:

I'm not too keen on it to be honest, the pointy bit is a bit sharp. Also If you look at the stalk, the hole is circular, unlike most other caps, where the hole is semi-circular...

I bought 2 of them. They're very comfortable, and that pointy bit isn't THAT pointy; it's kinda round at the very tip ...

"The other cap" sucks. I got one free with Vektar .. it's too big, and those raised letters annoy me, as though there's crap stuck on the cap that I can't get off. The semi-circular hole in this crap-cap just assures that the gawdy raised letters don't accidentally rotate, making them more readable. :p

... unless DaveC starts making his caps again, the MKII cap is the next best one, IMHO.

TelcoLou said:
Nova said:
TelcoLou said:
Nova said:

I bought 2 of them. They're very comfortable, and that pointy bit isn't THAT pointy; it's kinda round at the very tip ...

"The other cap" sucks. I got one free with Vektar .. it's too big, and those raised letters annoy me, as though there's crap stuck on the cap that I can't get off. The semi-circular hole in this crap-cap just assures that the gawdy raised letters don't accidentally rotate, making them more readable. :p

... unless DaveC starts making his caps again, the MKII cap is the next best one, IMHO.

I'll have a look, but like I said, my MK2 cap rotates when I push it in a direction...

that dpad looks cool. What's the mod cost? The joystick on the gp2x just seems really weak. I'm getting my new, new, new gp2x tomorrow, I hope 3rd time is a charm. The last two were both defective. grrr. The last one had a broken joystick. (broken in shipping?)

Back