Payback- Full Game

It just came to me, what's with the lack of motorcycles in this game? It has an icecream truck, a tank, a boat, and even a helicopter, so why not even a single bike? There's nothing like speeding through a road block of pixel people on a roaring chopper.

Also, are those red and white ships scattered across some of the maps usable at all? Can you unlock them somehow?

Also #2, in the winter maps there are some little black bumps that you can run over and they explode. What are those?

I just came back to this game today, and boy is it killer stuff. Apex Designs did a fantastic job with this one, here's to more releases from them for our little handheld!

I beat all the maps in Story mode, and some questions...

For the last map (Forgot the name, it's the map with the jail you escape from), does it not have a minimap?

List of weapons I've found so far:

Tank (Main gun)
RC Truck (remote controlled bombs you can control)
Fist
Pistol
Shotgun
Flamethrower
Bazooka
Remote Controlled bombs
Flamethrower
Minigun

Am I missing any?

I e-mailed the creator about the lack of maps in story-mode for Corona city, and he said that was a design choice to make the last level more challenging, by making you memorize the city top a certain extent.

I think the jail level not having a minimap makes sense though.

Alex. said:
Also, are those red and white ships scattered across some of the maps usable at all? Can you unlock them somehow?
I haven't seen those, there is a small white boat you can drive. Where are the red ones?

Alex. said:
Also #2, in the winter maps there are some little black bumps that you can run over and they explode. What are those?

Heh, those are snowmen!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol snowmen, my bad :D

The hover ships. There's one in the military base in Freedom City, and a couple in some of the custom maps like Isla Nublar. They are stationary, hover in mid-air, and spin around their center axis.

Alex. said:
Lol snowmen, my bad :D

The hover ships. There's one in the military base in Freedom City, and a couple in some of the custom maps like Isla Nublar. They are stationary, hover in mid-air, and spin around their center axis.

Strange, I haven't seen those...

Anyway, have you unlocked "The Dig Track" and "Real Park"?

I think I know what you're talking about.

The red and white rotating things aren't ships, they're large radar dishes :lol:

lobski said:
I think I know what you're talking about.

The red and white rotating things aren't ships, they're large radar dishes :lol:
Oh, makes sense. Goddamn :(

I also bought myself this game.

It is really sweet!
Love the retro concept of GTA 1.
No matter what GTA 1 allways will be the best :)

So for all people out there who don't know for sure if to buy this game... DO IT!

Ciao

RX Shorty said:
So for all people out there who don't know for sure if to buy this game... DO IT!
On archive.gp2x.de the demo listened in registred catecory "18+".
I don't think it is good for my little children. Police will catch me and jail me. So kids will have to grow without father :(

quasist said:
On archive.gp2x.de the demo listened in registred catecory "18+".
I don't think it is good for my little children. Police will catch me and jail me. So kids will have to grow without father :(
:eek: Sorry that is true.
Then again the graphics arn't that realistic ;)

What I wanted to say if you have :gp2x and you are old enough, buy it B)

download the demo and see if its is appropriate its not that bad but i have only seen videos and played the demo, is there any swearing in it?

The music has some swearing. But I think its only categorized in the registered section because it is hosted in Germany and Germany is fairly strict on that kind of stuff.

Well people bursting in a pool of splattering blood might as well be rated M :p

Back