• DaveC's Dpad

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I made my own.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abertalia

Website
Visit site
So yeah, I am very sorry if someone made a thread simialar to this one but I just wanted to know what you all were using at the moment. If you choose the "I made my own" Could yu please supply us a photo? I would really like to see. :)

PokeParadox posted on Mar 20 2007 at 12:01 AM said:
I'm using Dave C's Dpad mod, purchased from and installed by the mighty Dragon that is Evil ;)
Pure bliss :)
So how did you get them to install it? Do you just like send in your 2X or what?

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted "I made my own."

I'm too lazy to order a new cap or make one to replace my lost (original GPH Mark I) cap, so I'm playing it without the cap. It's actually easier to play Super Metroid without the cap than with it, and I've built up quite a callous. :p

I use the old MK2 cap. Theres a newer MK2 cap that looks interesting, it has some bumps on it.

I like it, it reminds me of the GP32 (whose stick DaveC also hated).

Theres only one game that I can't play because of the joystick, and that's the "Bouncy" minigame on Wario Ware Twisted. SRAM copied from PC emulator did the trick. Savestates FTW!

atomicthumbs posted on Mar 20 2007 at 12:23 AM said:
I voted "I made my own."

I'm too lazy to order a new cap or make one to replace my lost (original GPH Mark I) cap, so I'm playing it without the cap. It's actually easier to play Super Metroid without the cap than with it, and I've built up quite a callous. :p
lol Are you really goin No-Cap? I was trying that and it started to hurt my thumb.

Shifty posted on Mar 20 2007 at 12:17 AM said:
PokeParadox posted on Mar 20 2007 at 12:01 AM said:
I'm using Dave C's Dpad mod, purchased from and installed by the mighty Dragon that is Evil ;)
Pure bliss :)
So how did you get them to install it? Do you just like send in your 2X or what?
Sexual favours of course! :lol:
Nah, it was part of the package. Had to send my 2X from UK to Germany.

My joystick cap history

• Suffered for a week or so with the FE 'mushroom' cap.
• Made one of the first 'retrocon' mods.
• Ordered the DaveC cap, version 2 (with the concentric ridged ring design).
• Ordered another one for Wifey's '2X, but this one was a bit smaller in circumference.
• Ordered the GPH Mark II cap.
• Ordered Vektar and got a Craigix cap for free.

... and after trying out all these various versions, I liked my Wife's DaveC cap (mark .. um, 3 ?) the best. :D

Blah posted on Mar 19 2007 at 11:06 PM said:
GP2Xs should come pre-equipped with the Pimp Knob. They would become the new statement of bling.

* dies from ghetto-speak shock *

Say, DaveC ... does your d-pad mod work on Mk1 models (not the first edition ones, the next batch)?

... I wonder if ED could make a Frankenstein version, with the good (45-degree-rotated stick assembly) joystick, and better viewing angle LCD from the MK1 ... hmmm.

I don't particulally like ghetto speak either, its just the only way to describe something that shiny and (supposedly) ergonomic. :)

Blah posted on Mar 19 2007 at 11:36 PM said:
I don't particulally like ghetto speak either, its just the only way to describe something that shiny and (supposedly) ergonomic. :)

... what's wrong with "It's shiny and ergonomic, yo!"

(noticed the bolded "yo", assuring street cred for the speaker)

TelcoLou posted on Mar 20 2007 at 03:33 AM said:
Say, DaveC ... does your d-pad mod work on Mk1 models (not the first edition ones, the next batch)?

... I wonder if ED could make a Frankenstein version, with the good (45-degree-rotated stick assembly) joystick, and better viewing angle LCD from the MK1 ... hmmm.

Yeah there is a version for each model. ED will be getting them next week as just I sent some to him.

DaveC posted on Mar 19 2007 at 11:42 PM said:
TelcoLou posted on Mar 20 2007 at 03:33 AM said:

Yeah there is a version for each model. ED will be getting them next week as just I sent some to him.

Yay!!

TelcoLou posted on Mar 19 2007 at 08:40 PM said:
Blah posted on Mar 19 2007 at 11:36 PM said:

... what's wrong with "It's shiny and ergonomic, yo!"

(noticed the bolded "yo", assuring street cred for the speaker)

Nothing wrong with that...I just didn't think of it.

I am currently capless. Have been for a while now. I've gotten used to it and I don't think I'm going to bother buying another one.

Back