What app / game do you want to see? :)

I'd like to see some Mame the screen on the gp2x was always too small.

Buggy boy on the ST will be something else I'll play.

Homebrew - show us what we've got.

Does Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory work? :p

That’d be awesome.

The original minimum requirements were CPU: 600 MHz, 128 MB Ram, 32 MB GPU. So the Pandora should be able to handle that?

(Free Download)

I forgot who, it may be Pickle... But someone is working on it. Last I heard it still had some issues running.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good titles already mentioned here. Let's see...how about Metal Gear 1 & 2 for the MSX.

singleplayer 3D shooters:

Quake 2 (especially this)

Duke 3D

Doom 1 & 2

EDIT: with mods, community levels where available

did anyone port openarena? (indeed thats not singleplayer)

Am I the only one that wants to see if System Shock will run at full speed in DOSBox?
It doesn't. I'm pretty sure Krondor is outside the realm of playable in DOSBox as well, however there is xBaK, a reimplementation of Krondor which may work, assuming someone does the work to port it.

I'd like to see some oldscool rpgs on dosbox, like might and magic II or III.
I love the original Might and Magic series (I've heavily rewritten the Xeen engine which I hope to one day complete and port to Pandora). I'd make such a video myself, but the colours on my Pandora keep getting worse and worse. I can't bear to be away from it to send it in for repairs so I must suffer. :(

I love the original Might and Magic series (I've heavily rewritten the Xeen engine which I hope to one day complete and port to Pandora).
This sounds great! Keep this work going so that i hopefully can test it on my Pandora one day! :)

I'd make such a video myself, but the colours on my Pandora keep getting worse and worse. I can't bear to be away from it to send it in for repairs so I must suffer.
Uh damn.. Grab a good book and send the Pandora in... The sooner you do this the sooner you have a repaired Pandora.

singleplayer 3D shooters:

Quake 2 (especially this)

Duke 3D

Doom 1 & 2

EDIT: with mods, community levels where available

did anyone port openarena? (indeed thats not singleplayer)
Yannick, I thought you had a Pandora. In which case, stop suggesting and start playing. :p

It doesn't. I'm pretty sure Krondor is outside the realm of playable in DOSBox as well, however there is xBaK, a reimplementation of Krondor which may work, assuming someone does the work to port it.

Ive built xBak, its not really a playable game still. And Dos BAK is too slow for pandora dosbox.

Sooo

I read that the Pandora is powerful enough to play Quake 3 Arena, but i don´t know yet how well that is already working. Sooo...

What about Unreal? It looked a bit better than Quake 2 (as long as your pc had sufficient power) officially supported opengl (as far as i can remember) and is my favorite shooter of all time.

I also think it has been ported to Linux by the people of the icculus website.

And apart from Unreal...

What about Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale?

Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario 64?

Conkers Bad Fur Day?

Perfect Dark?

Jedi Knight?

Wing Commander 3?

so many memories... :)

I read that the Pandora is powerful enough to play Quake 3 Arena, but i don´t know yet how well that is already working.
It runs, but people have been having trouble with the controls. Too sensitive, not sensitive enough, whatever. Tweaks are required, they'll get there.

What about Unreal? It looked a bit better than Quake 2 (as long as your pc had sufficient power) officially supported opengl (as far as i can remember) and is my favorite shooter of all time.
Quake 2 and 3 are open source. It was possible to recompile their engines specifically for the Pandora. Unreal isn't open source, it cannot be recompiled and therefore cannot run on the Pandora.

I also think it has been ported to Linux by the people of the icculus website.
Linux for x86 computers. The Pandora has an ARM processor. If we had the source, the fact that it was already built for Linux once means it would be easier than porting a Windows program, but it would still need to be recompiled for the Pandora.

What about Baldurs Gate / Icewind Dale?
GemRB is a rewrite of the original programs to be able to run on Linux systems. It is good.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Mario 64?
No problem. A little slow, but frameskip seems to fix that.

Conkers Bad Fur Day?

Perfect Dark?
I think someone mentioned there's a bug and it crashes, but I may be misremembering. Otherwise it should be the same as Zelda and Mario: a little slow but still ok.

Jedi Knight?

Wing Commander 3?
No and no. Closed source and way too new to even think about emulating.

MrSeguin asked for Exhumed on PSX. This wasnt on the comaptibility list so I sought a copy to go with my disc and am pleased to say it works very nicely indeed. At 500mhz it crashed loading the first level but at 1ghz its smooth as silk and suits the controls well even for a 1 nubber.

I will up a video shortly, so ED can strike that one off the list.

Great video btw ED!

Hello fellow Pandora fanatics, allow me to finally introduce myself after 2 years or so of ghosting on this forum.

My name is Lance, and I have been following the Pandora craze from just about the beginning ~3 years ago, was one of the first to pre-order (however canceled by Paypal due to policy issue, and now I'm waiting for 2nd Batch) and I have been waiting for a thread just like this.

There are several things about that Pandora that makes it an easy sell, especially at the awesome price it is. But what drew me towards the beautiful black monolith that is the Pandora, much like most of you I am sure, is the possibility of having every game that you have ever played from your childhood, in your hands, anywhere you go. Along with a full OS, browser support, direct coding, TV out, USB, SD card slots, and a touchscreen, amongst other wonderful features.

There are several games that I have seen mentioned here so far that I would love to see, let me reiterate them, as I too would LOVE to see the Pandora running these games, as I will once I manage to get one. :D

SNES

Super Nintendo was already done unfortunately, but one game I usually make my decision based upon when it comes to how good an emulator is, is Super Mario RPG. Seriously, one of the best games ever, and can strain most emulators on handheld devices. Maybe a future re-visit?

NES

There obviously have been enough NES games shown, and I expect from the hardware specs alone of the Pandora, that everything will run just fine, filters and all. However, it would still be cool to see EvilDragon play some Faxanadu, or Abadox.

Now those are really just passive requests, what I would REALLY like to see, would be more of the following:

SCUMMVM

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream

Full Throttle

Beneath A Steel Sky

+ King's Quest, Manic Mansion, Curse of Monkey Island, etc...

What I am mostly interested here is what gameplay with those first 4 classics I named would be like with a stylus and touchscreen. 'Indiana Jones' and 'Full Throttle' both play like a DOS cinematic experience, and 'I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream' along with 'Beneath A Steel Sky' provide a great overall nostalgic experience for me. Same goes for the 'King's Quest' series, and the obvious others.

I have seen specific issues with 'IHNMAIMS' on the iPod Touch and PSP, so I am curious so see if the Pandora's build of SCUMMVM will be able to run it with no errors, other than that I really would just love to see how fun it looks to play with a touchscreen, and be incredible jealous the whole time I can be doing the same. <_<

DOSBox

Menzoberranzan

Mechwarrior

Duke Nukem 3D

Doom

Simcity 2000

Alone in the Dark

Amazon/Oregon Trail

Civilization

Leisure Suit Larry

I'm sure I played more DOS games growing up rather than console games, so I have quite a few requests here. 'Menzoberranzan' probably won't work, but it would be AMAZING if it did, and I would certainly be sold on the Pandora (even though I so totally am already). 'Mechwarrior', again would be nice to see run on the Pandora, but that's setting the bar a bit high I think. 'Duke Nukem 3D' is another standard test of emulator power on handhelds that I would love to play. 'Doom': mandatory. 'Simcity' would be great with a touchscreen interface, along with the 'Civilzation' games, I think it would really bring out the fun and get rid of the tedious aspect. 'Alone in the Dark' would be good to see a nice test of 3D capabilities with DOSBox on the Pandora, and 'The Oregon/Amazon Trail' games are really just because I haven't seen them run on anything handheld, ever. Would be neat!

Sega Saturn

Now I haven't read up on if Saturn will be supported, or if it would be possible, but I am a huge Hideo Kojima fan, and one of his greatest games is Snatcher. I would be so incredibly amazed if I could have 'Snatcher' on the go, ready to play whenever I please. I know there are MSX versions, but Saturn is the only english version, and has much better graphics. Any input on this?

MSX

As I just stated, I am a big Hideo Kojima fan, and as I noticed it was already mentioned, why not some Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake for the MSX? There are translation patches around that I assume would work just fine with the Pandora, and I think these are two games that should have been made handheld for years now.

MAME

NARC

Gaplus

Metal Slug

Simpsons

Area 51

'NARC' on MAME is lightyears better than the NES version, and 'Gaplus' is a great follow-up of 'Galaga' that is usually unheard of. 'Metal Slug', also pretty mandatory when it comes to arcade, and 'Simpsons' definitely reiterates that nostalgia. Now 'Area 51', I listed this because I think if somehow, you were able to play that with the touchscreen as input for the light gun, that would be just TOO much for me. But, I'm sure that's just a bit far-fetched. :rolleyes:

Other than all this, I think that's about all I am really interested in possibly seeing in some of the upcoming videos. I'll definitely update if anymore come to mind. Well, gotta run now, looking forward to talking to everyone on the board!

Definitively :

H.E.R.O

Commando

Ghost'n Goblins

Uridium

Green Beret

Sanxion

Summer Games

Fort Apocalypse

Yie Yard Kun-Fu

Galaga 88

Gyruss

All on the Best of the Best, the C64 !

Does Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory work? :p
That’d be awesome.

The original minimum requirements were CPU: 600 MHz, 128 MB Ram, 32 MB GPU. So the Pandora should be able to handle that?

(Free Download)
As well as Quake III runs I think it should. RTCW, the single player game, would be cool also.

GemRB is higher on my list though, Baldur's Gate and friends would be cool to play on the Pandora.

I want to see QUOD INIT EXIT (2010) for C64!

(click2link)

If that's not enough, maybe with some other newer game for C64 that many ppl didn't see... like Joe Gunn (2007/2009)?

...and compared with some classic platformer like Impossible mission or Jumpman/Jumpman Junior:

JoeGunn_Animation1.gif
vs
Jumpman_Animation_Demo.GIF
?

aniimpmissrun4waybgrblue.gif
aniimpmissrun4waybgrblue.gif
(<- click on pics to play games online!)

(stolen from www.abc64.de - "c64animation.com")

...Or Jumpman@C64 compared to Jumpman@DOSBox (http://www.oldskool.org/pc/jumpman, downloadable source)?

...Or just to hear excellent audio classics like Killerwatt, Mr. Mephisto or Lazy Jones ...

Long Live Pandora & C64! And ED Atombender ;)

Welcome back El Lance-O,

I don't think Saturn will manage to be emulated but isnt needed for Snatcher as MegaCd was the English version and it runs perfectly via Picodrive. I would imagine English patched Policenauts should also be possible on the PSX version aswell perhaps. Have you checked out the Snatcher SD (superdeformed) on MSX aswell? Something I intend to get working.

MarioRPG seems to play pretty well but does slow down with the filters on unless OC'd.

What I really would like to see Is how Pandora Runs Blender (www.blender.org)

Once I get my Pandora I would like to make games for the Pandora on the Pandora using blender and Python 2.6

Is the Pandora Powerful enough to run a .blend Like this one:

http://www.oldjim.ch/cgi-bin/multistat/stat2/file.php?file=oldjim.ch/OJW-HP/dateien/SOL-%28WSAG%29-V0.66.blend

For the People that don't know me yet:

My real Name is James Michael Coulter

Im From Switzerland

I have been dreaming of a Micro Compute like the Pandora is, since I was a little boy

Im on of the Admins at www.gameblender.org where I help others to make games with blender and present my own ones especialy my WSAG project.

Im hoping to make games for the Pandora soon using Blender

You can find out more about me if you go to www.oldjim.ch

Welcome back El Lance-O,

I don't think Saturn will manage to be emulated but isnt needed for Snatcher as MegaCd was the English version and it runs perfectly via Picodrive. I would imagine English patched Policenauts should also be possible on the PSX version aswell perhaps. Have you checked out the Snatcher SD (superdeformed) on MSX aswell? Something I intend to get working.

MarioRPG seems to play pretty well but does slow down with the filters on unless OC'd.

Sorry I got mixed up, totally right the english version is MegaCD. AWESOME! I'm super excited to see it on Picodrive! I still haven't played all the way though Policenauts because I haven't managed to find the time, so this would definitely be a great way to get it done, portable style!

I haven't checked out Snatcher SD just because of disinterest, just not really my style and the gameplay seemed sub-standard to the actual game. Am I wrong in thinking this?

Definitely looking forward to some portable Mario RPG action as well, filters aren't that big of a deal to me, but neither is OCing so I am definitely excited about that. :D

Back