What app / game do you want to see? :)

Yes ED. Love your videos. I'd like to see GINGE being used in some form. Of course pcsx4all (is that its name) would be great. GemRB would also be really cool. VNC software would be pretty good to show, as well. Using an external bluetooth controller, like the Wii Remote or the PS3 Sixaxis controller.

+1 for Neuvoo

I love Gentoo, was the distro that helped me dump windows 100%, a year after using Gentoo I have never had anything Microsoft installed on any of my hardware. Now I'm lazy and a default Ubuntu install works good enough for me. Gentoo, err Neuvoo, would be very nostalgic for me, haven't used it in a while.
I can make a video demo of Gentoo running on my Pandora. But I don't have a super-duper video recording equipment (just an ordinary photo camera with video recording capabilities), so my video will looks like a crap in comparison with the ED's pro videos.

I can make a video demo of Gentoo running on my Pandora. But I don't have a super-duper video recording equipment (just an ordinary photo camera with video recording capabilities), so my video will looks like a crap in comparison with the ED's pro videos.
That would be awesome, it would be cool if you showed us the use flags and such, perhaps emerged something, a basic intro to Gentoo for those who have never used it. Just thinking of Gentoo again gets me excited to try it out on the Pandora.

Are you one of the devs for Neuvoo or a Gentoo user?

That would be fine with me. I just want a quick video overview, I guess. Actually, viridior's video was good enough for me. I would just like to see it running on Pandora. But not if it's too inconvenient. I installed Gentoo twice. I wouldn't ask someone to install it just to make a quick video.

Edit: I was planning on just using the standard distribution, but I'm starting to get excited about trying Neuvoo. On a side note, I also want to try Sabayon when I find time. It looks like the "sexy" version of Gentoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thanks to all the team behind Pandora.

It has been written few days ago but i think we still have to continue to say it:

Thanks a lot to YOU,the Pandora team,that is making us dreaming-and the dream came true for some people already :p about a device we have been waiting for so long...(with all the works and problem you are facing too...for our future happiness :) )

About what I would like to see

I agree with:

How about a video of...

Start a stopwatch.

Start with a unit in the same state/condition ours will be in when we open the box.

Go through whatever initial configuration steps are required.

Put in an SD card.

Connect up to WiFi with it and do whatever is needed to load a Pandora PND game/file from the online repository to the SD card.

Start playing.

Stop the stopwatch and zoom in on it.

and I would love to see

on psx

Exhumed (or powerslave)

on Amiga(so many good games...)

First and Second samurai

Arabian night

Arcade pool(on my old broken dingoo with uae4all impossible to see bottom of the screen-it happens in some fullscreen games,gemX too make the game impossible to play even its working !)

Shadow of the beast 3

on nes

Punch out with non corrupted sprites(corrupted sprites on pocketnes gba came on third boxer...)

a future owner of a Pandora as soon as i save enough money...hoping we will be able like the Nintendo ds to have lemmings playable with the touch screen !!(and so many good homebrews ported to pandora....)

Pandora-UQM is a must.

If you can get your hands on the DOS version of Bullfrog's Syndicate that would be just be insane. It runs like crap with DOSBox's default settings, but this site has conf files that work great on PC - hopefully Pandora too!

I would love to see how my fractal generator runs on the Pandora... ;)

While I'm sure it may not be interesting for most, could you make me a short clip so that I can see just how fast/slow it is? even if you don't publish it and just put it on a file sharing site and PM me a link that would be amazing...

link to the appstore

Thanks.

How about a video of...

Start a stopwatch.

Start with a unit in the same state/condition ours will be in when we open the box.

Put in an SD card.

Connect up to WiFi with it and do whatever is needed to load a Pandora PND game/file from the online repository to the SD card.

Start playing.

Hmm, I feel that would turn new customers away - truth is that's probably slow. It would be with every computer/laptop really. But I guess if you aren't patient, the Pandora isn't for you anyway ;) .

I'd like to see Second Reality running in QEMU or DosBox - heh I doubt that'll be fast tho. Maybe just some random (Pandora-native) plasma effect?

I'd like to see someone raping the Bash shell on a Pandora

I'd like to see someone working on a game (i.e. dev)

I'd like to see someone running the aforementioned game, and it being awesome.

I'd like to see another video from ED - they're all awesome.

EDIT: Oooh fractals...mmm...hey, i'd like to see XaoS running too, that's a very nice fractal zoomer if you haven't seen it before.

I started another thread about this and for some reason never thought of starting it here, but this:

Using one nub for mouse, one nub for scroll, left shoulder button as left click, and right shoulder button for right click. I haven't held a Pandora yet so maybe the screen is just too small to make this worth while or maybe it is not even possible to set up.

Anyway, I'm posting way too much in this thread, I'll try to shut up now.

The latest Fennec builds run pretty decent on the N900 - just within the last month they've shrunk the install footprint from 43mb in 17mb just going from 4.0 Beta 1 to 4.0 Beta 2, and apparently sped up javascript by 40%. It went from nearly unusable in performance to pretty decent.

It'd be nice to see this tested on the Pandora using the Nubs for scrolling and mouse movement, or just in general for a part of a video with touchscreen control. It seems to be a viable browser for the Pandora now and with some work may become the best, I consider it the second best browser for N900 (best being the stock Maemo MicroB for now).

it'd be nice to see a stock pandora download an emu from the store then download a file, fire it up and play. this would show how easy it is to get the emus going and would work great with the amiga, speccy, c64, cpc etc.

The same could obviously be done with Panjoust, Pandora Panic etc etc.

one of the things i've been previously told about the gp32.2x etc was that some of my mates were put off by how complicated it could seem to download and load stuff onto these types of machines.

I really would like to see StarFox on SNES and the quality of emulation. I love this game and it was one of the reasons I pre-ordered since on the Dingoo it was just barely playable.

umm, for me as always, some kof 98 combos, to see how adequate is the d-pad.. :)

if i can see the future crew demo "second reality" in dosbox that would be awesome too.

pfff.. i wish i'll get it fast now.. need some portable 2d fighting love to finish this year ;) ...

anyway

Big kisses

Mac

I wanna like to see Dungeon Keeper, but i don't know if its run :D

How about a video of...

Start a stopwatch.

Put in an SD card.

Start playing.

Why would you want to see that? You'll only do that once. (not to mention is has been shown quite a few times already)

Startup with timer displayed is nice to show though, although I think people will complain easily about these type of thing. They will probably say stuff like "gah 1:30 min startup of my 17 year old desktop is faster than that it starts dos in 1:25"

Why would you want to see that? You'll only do that once. (not to mention is has been shown quite a few times already)

Startup with timer displayed is nice to show though, although I think people will complain easily about these type of thing. They will probably say stuff like "gah 1:30 min startup of my 17 year old desktop is faster than that it starts dos in 1:25"
ITS A TRAP!

Back