What software do you use (almost) daily?

A2000

Inspired by Craig's question in the "new website" thread which software is best to be shown to new users I'd like to ask which software do you use the most on your Pandora? And why?

This should not be about rating sofware but to show examples what makes fun/makes sense/is useful to use for you.

For me it's

Super Geometry Dust - challenging game which supports the Pandora's game controls really well

Worker - which reminds me to DOpus

Builtin Movieplayer - because it starts if I click on one of movies and does what I want it to: play movies

Last edited by a moderator:
Snes9x4P - Because I can play the games that I missed out on the first time around.

gPSP - Same reason as above.

Super Geometry Dust - Because it's the perfect "just one more go" game + it keeps getting better with every release.

Chuckie Egg - Because I find it strangely addictive, it would be even better if it had a high score table though.

Minitube - Because it enables me to watch YouTube videos + make a copy of them before they get deleted.

Thunar (in root mode and text bar so it can go more than 2 directories deep and do what I tell it to)

Terminal

cp (and others)

ssh

sshfs

Audacious

Gimp

Vulture's Eye

FireFox

Remmina

FBreader to read books on the go... (really an excellent piece of software!)

Jumanji for browsing

Sylpheed for emails

Terminal

And emulators, but depends which one on the day.

Gimp

Vulture's Eye

FireFox

Remmina

That is interesting. You really use Gimp on your Pandora. Someone stated in another thread that it is useless on such a small screen.

What is Vulture's Eye?

Remmina is mentioned a second time. That was the aim of the thread: Making people curious and lead them to take a look at software they didn't know about.

Apps I use daily:

Chromium

Pidgin

Taskwarrior

Claws Mail

and apps I use frequently:

Thunar

Evince

Xournal

MyPaint

I've also used GIMP on the Pandora - good if you only need to do some small task and you're not near a big computer or don't want to move files around. I don't use it if I'm gonna use it for more than 5 minutes.

Other things I use frequently:

- mc (constantly)

- gcc

- mosh

- Firefox

- PNDManager

- PCSX ReArmed

Ah, I tend to overlook software that is not on the repo since PNDManager is out.

Looks nice but I started to play "flare" a few days ago... First I was disappointed about the graphics, then about game controls, then about lack of interesting items. And then I started playing seriously ;) . Just this pack of goblins before going to bed... some time later I reached level 4, sigh, now it's really, really time to get some sleep... In the meantime I actually like the graphics.

ncmpcpp - every day, all day.

Get used to the keyboard commands. It is awesome! Just waiting on working bluetooth so I can bluetooth audio to my home theatre for wireless music at home.

PND Manager

Firefox

Snes4p (slowly working my way through Yoshi's Island)

Uae4all (far too much time being lost to this of late! :blink: )

I just got my Pandora back from ED so I haven't loaded much on it, but for the last week, I've been using Chromium, Gpsp (sucked into Baulder's Gate right now), & Qemu (just got the Neverhood to load under Windows 95).

I just got my Pandora back from ED so I haven't loaded much on it, but for the last week, I've been using Chromium, Gpsp (sucked into Baulder's Gate right now), & Qemu (just got the Neverhood to load under Windows 95).

You mean Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance here, don't you?

You mean Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance here, don't you?

Yep, such a great game even though I can't spell it correctly!

I have to add the Android build to the list. I haven't used Android for gaming yet, but having access to the Android version of Evernote is great for me (since I don't like the web version).

Back