Release Valyria Tear

mmm... wait... there is something more... was working with your french values, and I was able to activate every language but the Pandora was in french, so I put those vars in italian, the Pandora menus were still in english but I wasn't able anymore to change language for the game...

Seems like you can change game language only if you set those vars to a language recognized by the system ?! o_O
Maybe, at first try the default, which should be (I'm not sure)

export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
export LC_ALL="en_US"

Also, to get the avalaible locale, I think you can try

Code:
locale -a

Last edited by a moderator:
Allright...NOW this game is pissing me off!!

How the freak do you get around those jerkwads on Mt. Elbrus??

I can get around the first one and into the Grotto...where the only thing you get to do is fight a mushroom, and it forces you out of the Grotto further along, no other direction you can take....and then, more jerkwads...and I CAN'T AVOID THEM ALL....and they are unbeatable!

So now WTF?

I can't find any help anywhere on the Internet, and if someone can't tell me how you sneak past ALL of the jerkos on Mt. Elbrus, or how you BEAT one of the sons-a-bitches in the allotted time before he calls friends and annhilates you....if someone can't tell me how to get past this, I am going to ragequit....which would realy suck, because I WAS enjoying this game.

But this is just too damn hard for this early in the game.  And there is NO WAY to go anywhere and grind up more levels in order to have a go at it later on when you're stronger.

I'm serious, I'd realy hate it, but if I can't get past this point, I am going to ragequit!  It is too much a pain in the ass to wait forever for things to load up to try again after you already got your ass kicked once...the lag time and the lack of ability to sneak around or beat these jackwads on the mountain has me spitting mad!

OK, never mind, beat the idiots.  Got to the part where it starts raining.  Can't figure how to go forward...the only entrance to the grotto from here has two spikes blocking the only way forward, tried rolling the stones against them, it did not help...they didn't break, and I don't get to go forward.  At least I am past the jerkwads, though.  But if there is no way forward. wat the heck to do next??

Now it would not be a ragequit, but still a quit, because there doesn't seem to be any way forward beyond those two spikes.  Rolling the boulders against them did not work.

OK, you know what?  I got it figured out that it is a puzzle to open the spikes...one boulder on each circle...the problem is...how do you do it?

I can get one boulder on one circle easy enough...but both....I do not see how it's done, I have tried everything I can think of, and nothing gets both stones on both circles at the same time.

EDIT: As you can tell from later posts, I DID figure out how to get to boulders on the circles.

I even managed to get the Helmet in the next part, then walked back to my previous Save point to save the fact that I got it...because there's no save point between the one I'm at....and Harlequin.

And the save function apparently does not save that you beat him, so I'll have to do it again, sigh...

Should have put a save point in right before leaving the Cemetery, you know it?

But I am guessing this is a port, not an original game, so damn the original designers for not doing it, lol.

I am hoping for some continuation some time soon...and hopefully we will still be able to use our existing Save Files!

I'm afraid I don't think I can help here. I got to a bit with a maze where every path seemed to be very alike. I used to put up with that sort of puzzle when I was younger, but screw pencil and paper maze drawing at my age!

@Kumaki: LOL :D Don't spoil so much !! I still have to play !! :D

@ptitseb: the Pandora OS doesn't have an italian translation (at least seems so), anyway I don't mind, it was just that game language selection that made me mad :D

Was like some sort of bad joke "So, you were really thinking you can change the language ?! YOU FOOL !! MUAHAHAHAHAH !!" :D

I'll try to put those vars in the game script to see if it just works

@ptitseb: the Pandora OS doesn't have an italian translation (at least seems so), anyway I don't mind, it was just that game language selection that made me mad :D

Was like some sort of bad joke "So, you were really thinking you can change the language ?! YOU FOOL !! MUAHAHAHAHAH !!" :D

Yeah, the language was the first puzzle of the game ;) Congrats, you pass that one!

@Kumaki: that was funny to read, all the posts at different moment. I'm guessing you had enjoyed the game so far.

Ok, I have some good news and some bad (but interesting) findings:

Adding those in the "valyriatear.sh" do the magic :) (I added them after "umask 022") and every language of the game is working

export LANG="en_US.UTF-8"
export LC_ALL="en_US"
Remember to add this for the next update ;)

Then something not game related I have found:

1) there is no "locale" command on SuperZaxxon, so I searched for the languages and I found some in "/usr/share/i18n/locales/" (searching for fr_FR), but I wasn't able to find for example "fr_FR.UTF-8"... strange... while I found many similar files in "/usr/share/X11/locale/"

2) if you put the wrong language (for example it_IT) in .bashrc, the Pandora becomes a mess, like terminal gives errors and doesn't open, menu not working, icon and things disappear, etc... to resolve the situation just remove the variables (or set an existent language) and reboot

Whaaaaaaaaat? TO BE CONTINUED?!?!?!

I sure hope my save file has me having beaten Harlequin when this is continued!!!

Yeah, the language was the first puzzle of the game ;) Congrats, you pass that one!

@Kumaki: that was funny to read, all the posts at different moment. I'm guessing you had enjoyed the game so far.
Yes, I have enjoyed it....but...like I said...TO BE CONTINUED?!?!?!

I sure hope my save file automatically knows...once a "continuation" happens...that I already beat Harlequin!

He's not fun!

Yep, game seems a bit short for now. We'll have to wait next version for more content I guess.

About save, I have no idea, so  cannot speculate on compatibity between 0.6 saves and future 0.7

Is there a way to minimize the game ? Even the trick with the pandora button doesn't work, the game is always in foreground.

I can't find so much time to finish the first quest, and so I can't save... I can put the Pandora in stand-by, but even then when I need to have a fast look at Task Warrior I have to close the game...

So I'm replaying again and again the first quest, and it's becoming boring

I just realized I didn't thank you for the port, so Thank You :)

Thanks ;)

This port use libGL with FrameBuffer forced, not sure there is an easy way to minimized with adding that to the code :(

Yep, game seems a bit short for now. We'll have to wait next version for more content I guess.

About save, I have no idea, so  cannot speculate on compatibity between 0.6 saves and future 0.7
Well, I sure HOPE they are compatible, I do NOT want to have to go through the pain in the assets of sneaking past those damn guards on the Low Mountain again!

FINALLY I reached the first save point !! XD

It's really a professionally made game.

@ptitSeb: Where did you changed the font size ? Is it something that needs a recompile ? Because should be useful to have a choice about it, actually now for me is too big, and when a level up happens it's a mess of strings one over another.

FINALLY I reached the first save point !! XD

It's really a professionally made game.

@ptitSeb: Where did you changed the font size ? Is it something that needs a recompile ? Because should be useful to have a choice about it, actually now for me is too big, and when a level up happens it's a mess of strings one over another.
Yes, it's in the code. I may have forced a bit too much.

Maybe I'll try to make that parametrable... I'll see if that's not too difficult to code.

If you can make it read the size from a text file should be great :)

By the way, here is the code I used, in TextSupervisor::LoadFont(...)

Code:
bool TextSupervisor::LoadFont(const std::string &filename, const std::string &font_name, uint32 size)
{
    // Make sure that the font name is not already taken
    if(IsFontValid(font_name) == true) {
        IF_PRINT_WARNING(VIDEO_DEBUG) << "a font with the desired reference name already existed: " << font_name << std::endl;
        return false;
    }

if(size == 0) {
        IF_PRINT_WARNING(VIDEO_DEBUG) << "attempted to load a font of point size zero" << font_name << std::endl;
        return false;
    }
    //Enlarge small fonts *SEB*
    if (size<13)
        size+=size;
    else if (size<19)
        size+=size/2;

// Attempt to load the font
    TTF_Font *font = TTF_OpenFont(filename.c_str(), size);
    if(font == NULL) {
        IF_PRINT_WARNING(VIDEO_DEBUG) << "call to TTF_OpenFont() failed to load the font file: " << filename << std::endl;
        return false;
    }

// Create a new FontProperties object for this font and set all of the properties according to SDL_ttf
    FontProperties *fp = new FontProperties;
    fp->ttf_font = font;
    fp->height = TTF_FontHeight(font);
    fp->line_skip = TTF_FontLineSkip(font);
    fp->ascent = TTF_FontAscent(font);
    fp->descent = TTF_FontDescent(font);

// Create the glyph cache for the font and add it to the font map
    fp->glyph_cache = new std::vector<FontGlyph *>;
    _font_map[font_name] = fp;
    return true;
} // bool TextSupervisor::LoadFont(...)

Back